Mortal Kombat thread.

Vigoorian King

UfaPmIK.png

giphy.gif

Hold_Junkie93

So, I want to ask, how many people here preferred MK9 over X? *Raises hand* Like if yes. EDIT: No, I'm not fishing for likes, the response is more practical this way.

Jadeinchains

giphy.gif

Though your gif game is even stronger than before since you got that new laptop. O:

Thank you lol, :p
PS: Now is the perfect time for you to become an MK ( and Jade ) fan! :D Yay so your totally getting MKXI right?

So, I want to ask, how many people here preferred MK9 over X? *Raises hand* Like if yes. EDIT: No, I'm not fishing for likes, the response is more practical this way.

Yes lol, MKX was still great and I really enjoyed it ( it was also actually my very first game I got on PS4 ) but MK9 when I think about it to MKX I preferred the atmosphere, the stages, music, story, characters, outfits etc in MK9 more. What I've seen from MK11 so far though I'm getting slayed and it lots incredible. ( And Jade's back which helps. :) )

Hold_Junkie93

Thank you lol, :p
PS: Now is the perfect time for you to become an MK ( and Jade ) fan! :D Yay so your totally getting MKXI right?

Yes lol, MKX was still great and I really enjoyed it ( it was also actually my very first game I got on PS4 ) but MK9 when I think about it to MKX I preferred the atmosphere, the stages, music, story, characters, outfits etc in MK9 more. What I've seen from MK11 so far though I'm getting slayed and it lots incredible. ( And Jade's back which helps. :) )
Meter mangement (Do I kombo or save for burst?), 9 had that issue but I felt the meterless kombos were fun enough and with one bar you was good the run mechanic feeling dated. It was already a klunky mess but run made it, ugh. I feel MK9 was balanced better in a way. Yes, the kast defo helped. That said, as someone who played Skarlett alot when she kame out, I'm excited she is returning but it seems they pulled an SFV. However, with the kustom movesets you can change the playstyle to be more akin to what you were use to. SFV should take notes when it komes to kharacter enthusiasts getting the boot. Looking at you every non-SF2 era kharacter.

Tyaren

Standard Donor

I'm so torn... :/ I was about to get MK11, because it looks absolutely beautiful and polished, but I am not so sure anymore the more I see of it. I really don't like the dark, gritty art style and the extremely gory content. It honestly reviles me. I can't help it even though I tried to keep an open mind and even though I tried to desensitize myself by watching the finishers over and over again, lol. They remain gratuitously gross.

Last but not least, I never played a MK. I have no idea how it even feels. As great as Injustice 2 was (beautiful look, amazing content), I didn't enjoy its gameplay much. The characters felt slow, stiff and unresponsive. Combo input was partly a pain in the ass. I assume IJ and MK coming both from the same developer means they are similar in that regard.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD