Mortal Kombat thread.

Jadeinchains

I'm so torn... :/ I was about to get MK11, because it looks absolutely beautiful and polished, but I am not so sure anymore the more I see of it. I really don't like the dark, gritty art style and the extremely gory content. It honestly reviles me. I can't help it even though I tried to keep an open mind and even though I tried to desensitize myself by watching the finishers over and over again, lol. They remain gratuitously gross.

Last but not least, I never played a MK. I have no idea how it even feels. As great as Injustice 2 was (beautiful look, amazing content), I didn't enjoy its gameplay much. The characters felt slow, stiff and unresponsive. Combo input was partly a pain in the ass. I assume IJ and MK coming both from the same developer means they are similar in that regard.

Aww, though I had a feeling you'd say that ;) since you've mentioned really not being a fan of the gore of the MK series, I'm a fan of it and it's gritty atmosphere but I guess it really does just depend on the person. Still you should keep an eye on it. :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Aww, though I had a feeling you'd say that ;) since you've mentioned really not being a fan of the gore of the MK series, I'm a fan of it and it's gritty atmosphere but I guess it really does just depend on the person. Still you should keep an eye on it. :)

What about the second part of my post, about the gameplay, is it similar to IJ?

Jadeinchains

What about the second part of my post, about the gameplay, is it similar to IJ?

Oh I actually have only played the first injustice and it was a long time ago, Honestly It didn't feel similar to me but I don't know if IN2 changed from the first one, They might be similar but I'd say MK is better. I also would say that MK fighting feels responsive and fast paced. You would watch some footage of MK9, MKX tournaments maybe? That might give you an idea of it?

Hold_Junkie93

I'm so torn... :/ I was about to get MK11, because it looks absolutely beautiful and polished, but I am not so sure anymore the more I see of it. I really don't like the dark, gritty art style and the extremely gory content. It honestly reviles me. I can't help it even though I tried to keep an open mind and even though I tried to desensitize myself by watching the finishers over and over again, lol. They remain gratuitously gross.

Last but not least, I never played a MK. I have no idea how it even feels. As great as Injustice 2 was (beautiful look, amazing content), I didn't enjoy its gameplay much. The characters felt slow, stiff and unresponsive. Combo input was partly a pain in the ass. I assume IJ and MK coming both from the same developer means they are similar in that regard.
Gross? You never played an M rated game before? I remember being scared of blood long ago. Assuming you're an adult. I doubt that is really your reason. Then again, that's a first from what I hear, so, I don't want to judge you but I think it's funny considering we're in the 21st century. Not to sound passive aggressive or anything. The blood and gore is 2nd to me, the gameplay itself is first. IDK maybe all the GTA, Manhunt, DMC and RE games densitized me long ago. I'm an evil motherfucker. As for your question about the gameplay...it will most likely feel akin to Injustice 2 as they did that with Injustice 1 feeling like MK9 but with no block button. They recycle the engine. Just change from no block button/x-ups to block button.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Gross? You never played an M rated game before? I remember being scared of blood long ago. Assuming you're an adult. I doubt that is really your reason. Then again, that's a first from what I hear, so, I don't want to judge you but I think it's funny considering we're in the 21st century. Not to sound passive aggressive or anything.

And adult in the 21st century can't be grossed out by extreme and extremely detailed violence and gore? In what bubble are you living? Show random people on the street clips of gore fests like MK or films like Cannibal Holocaust and be ready for a lot of adult people of the 21st century finding those really nasty, lol.
And what's that about it not being my real reason and you not wanting to judge me?

Hold_Junkie93

And adult in the 21st century can't be grossed out by extreme and extremely detailed violence and gore? In what bubble are you living? Show random people on the street clips of gore fests like MK or films like Cannibal Holocaust and be ready for a lot of adult people of the 21st century finding those really nasty.
And what's that about it not being my real reason and you not wanting to judge me?
Most people don't play video games? Must I remind you of the smear campaign of violent video games? People say that because they don't realize it's just a game. I should have said gamers f the 21st century. It's like someone being afraid of driving a car or skydiving, until they try it, they never know. I don't live in a bubble.. You can watch violent stuff and be fine. It isn't happening to you. No one is going to creep under your bed at night and get ya! I grew up in a tough love environment. BX baby, mafioso, guido sauce, Puerto Ricans. Abusive step father, bullies at school I had to learn to fight etc.. There's a fucked up reason I don't twitch at violence. I think it's wrong sure, horrid, heinous, of course. I'm an honest, kind person, just don't need people testing me, I will protect my family, friends in the name of good. I don't want to judge you bc I don't do trolling, hiding behind a screen as a punk. I'm not going to disrespect someone i don't know, especially when they can't see me in the flesh. That's unfair. I also, don't think that is good enough of a reason to dislike someone, esp again, not knowing a person. What's your story? for I told you mine

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

I mean...some people just don't like gore, They don't need some deep backstory reason for not liking it, They just don't like it.
Anyway though lol coming from someone that likes the gore of MK I'm excited to see what kinda fatalities Jade will have in MK11, I'm guessing she's going to snatch her Bo staff back off of Kitana so I'm guessing she'll be using that in them?! :eek:

Hold_Junkie93

I mean...some people just don't like gore, They don't need some deep backstory reason for not liking it, They just don't like it.
Anyway though lol coming from someone that likes the gore of MK I'm excited to see what kinda fatalities Jade will have in MK11, I'm guessing she's going to snatch her Bo staff back off of Kitana so I'm guessing she'll be using that in them?! :eek:
I'm just thinking perhaps he can look past it eventually. There's a reason he's on this thread right? He obviously is interested in the fighting game aspects of it. The combos, the looks of it. Presentation seems great. Kabal, c'mon, son, Kaballin' I do remember a simpler time when the gore wasn't over the top and had a bit of comic relief to it. So, I understand where he's coming from since they upped the exaggeration of it. Especially fatalities happening mid match and the characters getting up like, "Eh, just a scratch." That's where it isn't grounded in reality and can be enjoyed as a game right there. Yeah they got some 'splaining to do with the bo staff.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD