Most realistic base roster?

P2p1mbs

25 at least is confirmed thanks to the Deluxe Edition having 25 costumes. Unless theres characters that get 2 instead of one we're guaranteed at least 25.

That give me some hope. Does Nyotengu and Phase 4 being DLC make it 27 characters overall or they are part of the 25?

Cadaveri

(Made this before the 25 costume reveal was announced):

If I were to pick one more character to base roster It would be Lisa or Genfu

doaroster2.jpg

P2p1mbs

i think they might. if not, idk who'd be left.

There were 36 characters in Last Round, minus the 6 guest means 30 DOA characters (anyone who argues that Rachel and Momiji's are guest characters are wrong). If we don't count Nyotengu and Phase 4 as part of the base 25, that would mean 25 returning characters (since there are 2 confirmed new characters) with at least 2 being DLC. This would mean 5 characters wont be base release or early DLC. I would say Raidou and Alpha are not in the base release then, probably along with Leon and (as much as I would hate to admit it) Rachel and Momiji. Everyone else not yet confirmed will likely be back.

Pn33milan

For me, they have to keep two female characters among the DLCs, and Momiji and Rachel are the only one left, not originally from DOA.

Gen Fu is the most likely to be in the base roster.
For the last spot... I'd say, at this point, it's between Leon and Raidou.
I'd prefer Raidou

BXRXSXTX

Well i was definitely wrong on the roster and even the direction of the game. There's that squid thing, now dinosaurs, I think you fall on a water slide somewhere... wow this is shaping up to be a a really mindblowing and distinct game (the visuals I mean). I want to see if Rikuto streams to see his reaction to Bayman. Only disappointment, though maybe we just haven't seen it all, is it still feels like there's not a ton of particularly new stuff in terms of costumes, moves, new characters... like some of the redesigns are just the same thing as before.

Crext

Standard Donor
On another note, I know (despite Shimbori stating the contrary) that priority is given to characters based on how much they are used (offline + online), but this is not fair for Leon. He had a shitty costume selection in DOA5 and no purpose in the game. He was just a ghost to appease to the fans.
I'm sure that if they considered marketing him more seriously in this game, he would be more popular.

It's not fair towards characters that got a bad draw on the game balance either. I played more Christie and Kasumi, rather than best girl Hitomi, simply because they were more competitive in the online environment.

just_me

Standard Donor
I think you can't even rule out a secret unlock completely, like Alpha in DoA5 (she was in the leak, but never revealed officially, or am I misremembering things?) So Raidou could be a sub-boss in story mode and be playable after beating him and thus not have a DLC costume, since that spoils the secret.

Best case scenario would be 25 base chars + 1 secret unlock + 2DLC at launch… for 28 chars. With that in mind, I think Ein, Leon and Rachel might be DLC and Alpha is gone for good (just give some of her throws to P-4)
Still not sure about Brad, they might put him on ice after his VA died (I mean he has no open story threads left and isn't all that popular… and Honoka has some of his moves )

Pn33milan

I know Momiji is very popular, and I do love her character, but I sadly don't see her being in the base roster before any other DOA girl.
It's just... I don't know, I feel like they should have shown her immediately with the other ninjas to convince me.
It just seems like TN still doesn't consider her like a DOA character.
I hope to be wrong, because I like Momiji very much, but until then I expect her to be at least DLC :(

About Brad Wong, I also noticed he's among the weakest characters in DOA, popularity-wise.
But I guess the same could be said about Leon, Raidou and stuff like that. So I still think he has his fair shot

P2p1mbs

Honoka has everybody's moves so it's nothing we can use as an argument unfortunately...

Notice how her movelist in Last Round did not have any moves from anyone introduced in DOA5? Obviously, she wasn't yet able to copy their moves since she probably haven't met or seen the other newcomers at the time she showed up. I am a bit curious to see what moves she copied from characters like Rig and Marie.

Makes me wonder if she will have moves copied from characters who wont be coming back.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD