New DOA5 version announced (Momiji!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Glock

Thursday sounds like a safe bet for the new trailer, unless it magically pops up at Microsoft's next Xbox unveiling in a few hours.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Why in the world do people like the three point hold?

It's not that they "like" the 3 point hold. You're only taking in one part of the equation. The fact is that in DOA3 the stun game wasn't as prevalent. You had two maaaybe three attacks you could get off if any. Additionally, hi-counter throws HURT. You almost didn't want to hold unless you had to. The attacker didn't have to worry about mix-up as much as they do now. The holding wasn't based off which hit-level was coming, but if the defender felt that the offender would extend the string, launch, or reset.

Just as I stated before, I'm fine with DOA3's system having a 3-point hold, I really could care less if it was 4 point of 3 point. I know that in 4-point hold you are effectively making it a mix-up oriented game where one launcher at any point can do 50%+ life loss. However, in a DOA4/5 system where the game is so heavily reliant on the stun system, a three point hold system is too much (for example: DOAD).

DontForkWitMe

leonsback_literally.png

soon....

Aven Kujo-Gin

A new character? Better if it would be a completely new one instead of Ein/Tengu, cause Ein is Hayate, and Tengu was just a boss in DOA2, so there´s no reason to put them in DOA5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD