Ninja Gaiden Thread

Sotherius

The appeal of NG3RE would be because the BC version isn't on 1080p or 4k. This will be the first time it will be playable at higher resolution, and it is the game i care the most after all.

Online i personally don't care, but is a true shame it is going away.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Sigma 1 are not currently available in any way shape or form in the current Gen, but NGB and NG2 are, so i think it is fair, and we still don't know if Tecmo can legally release those games outside of microsoft platforms.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor

They note that Sigma and Sigma 2 are included since they are, in their eyes, the final versions;

- They note that the masterfiles for Black and NGII are simply put: lost. They are scattered and unrecoverable. A darn, darn shame;

- NGS and NGS2 get an added "Hero Mode" that plays the game for you in a sense (probably akin to NG3's, which sees Ryu block automatically);

- Tag Mission Mode in NGS2 is readjusted to be completable solo;

- Online play isn't supported due to development schedule and business decisions;

- in NGS1 all Ninpo's are at their max power by default, with no need to shake the controller to increase their power;

- no more boob-shake in NGS2

- Secondary characters remain unchanged

- Yasuda notes that he feels he redeemed himself with NG3:RE after the failing of NG3, but would love to take revenge with a sequel one day

- he knows that people want Ryu in Smash. "We are waiting for the invitation".

Shame they couldn't adjust other aspects of Sigma 2 but added Hero mode... >.>

Credits Royta15
https://www.reddit.com/r/ninjagaiden/comments/mc16jb

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

They note that Sigma and Sigma 2 are included since they are, in their eyes, the final versions;

- They note that the masterfiles for Black and NGII are simply put: lost. They are scattered and unrecoverable. A darn, darn shame;

- NGS and NGS2 get an added "Hero Mode" that plays the game for you in a sense (probably akin to NG3's, which sees Ryu block automatically);

- Tag Mission Mode in NGS2 is readjusted to be completable solo;

- Online play isn't supported due to development schedule and business decisions;

- in NGS1 all Ninpo's are at their max power by default, with no need to shake the controller to increase their power;

- no more boob-shake in NGS2

- Secondary characters remain unchanged

- Yasuda notes that he feels he redeemed himself with NG3:RE after the failing of NG3, but would love to take revenge with a sequel one day

- he knows that people want Ryu in Smash. "We are waiting for the invitation".

Shame they couldn't adjust other aspects of Sigma 2 but added Hero mode... >.>

Credits Royta15
https://www.reddit.com/r/ninjagaiden/comments/mc16jb

Funny, considering... https://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/team-ninja-archiving-game-data-for-the-future.577/

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Shame - I wonder if Koei gave them more time & resources, they could just rip NG2 off a X360 disc and decompile it, same with Ninja Gaiden Black...I mean people already decompiled these games but would be easier for TN since they have all the internal tools.

Brute

Standard Donor
The ridiculous part is that they know exactly what Ninja Gaiden fans want. It's not like there's some huge divide in the fanbase where some of them like mist in place of blood, or enjoy having weapon upgrades capped by Chapter progress, or think that "Hero Mode" fits the premise of these games even minutely. These changes are not hard to make. They are not expensive or even that time-consuming. But they spend extra effort to add "Hero Mode" and then make lame excuses as to why they don't patch up the problematic aspects.

They are intentionally sabotaging their games and I do not understand why.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
The ridiculous part is that they know exactly what Ninja Gaiden fans want. It's not like there's some huge divide in the fanbase where some of them like mist in place of blood, or enjoy having weapon upgrades capped by Chapter progress, or think that "Hero Mode" fits the premise of these games even minutely. These changes are not hard to make. They are not expensive or even that time-consuming. But they spend extra effort to add "Hero Mode" and then make lame excuses as to why they don't patch up the problematic aspects.

They are intentionally sabotaging their games and I do not understand why.

Exactly, it's quite baffling. Maybe someone higher up in TN/Koei has PTSD from NG difficulty and wants to kill the franchise ‍♂️

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
The appeal of NG3RE would be because the BC version isn't on 1080p or 4k. This will be the first time it will be playable at higher resolution, and it is the game i care the most after all.

Online i personally don't care, but is a true shame it is going away.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Sigma 1 are not currently available in any way shape or form in the current Gen, but NGB and NG2 are, so i think it is fair, and we still don't know if Tecmo can legally release those games outside of microsoft platforms.

NGRE won't look any special at a higher resolution, most the textures are low resolution and muddy. Will probably look worse.

Tried it on 1080p on RPCS3, don't notice any improvements tbh

UpSideDownGRUNT

Well obviously a higher resolution isn't gonna magically make the game look amazing, but it'll be more cleaned up and will just look better in general on higher res TVs.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Well obviously a higher resolution isn't gonna magically make the game look amazing, but it'll be more cleaned up and will just look better in general on higher res TVs.

It'll look sharper but the low resolution textures will stick out more. Higher resolution isn't always a good thing tbh.

DyByHands

So according to another forum, the version of NG1 in the collection seems to be the Sigma plus version, based on the assets shown in the trailer. That would be pretty gross if this ends up being the case.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
So according to another forum, the version of NG1 in the collection seems to be the Sigma plus version, based on the assets shown in the trailer. That would be pretty gross if this ends up being the case.

All of them will be vita ports but I assume the graphic fidelity on the switch will be on par with the vita and the other platforms will have it turned up to match PS3 or greater.

Sotherius

The interview clearly states they are the ps3 versions with added vita content.

The screenshots we found might not even be from the collection yet

Brute

Standard Donor
Very much sounds like we'll be seeing "violence" akin to the original Sigma releases, or that at least that's what the team is aiming for at this time.
Slim possibility that the strong backlash will result in some change to that, either before release, or as a Day 1/early patch.

UpSideDownGRUNT

According to the Ninja Gaiden wiki Sigma Plus added Ryu's Grip of Murder and NG3 LBF costume 2 new costumes for Rachel, glasses for Rachel that boosts stats, Hero mode from NG3RE and a lot of accessories and items that make the game easier.

Similar thing with Sigma 2 a bunch of costumes, Very Easy mode and stuff like that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD