Ninja Gaiden Thread

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

dg1995

There might be a Kunoichi spin-off in the future. Maybe.

Yasuda originally planned to do remakes, but...

Kinda funny that I'm not against the idea.lmao.

But, SEGA did it much sooner than Team Ninja.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
lmao I love the article above TLDR, it's just such BS

"One new feature in the collection is four female playable characters in certain scenes."
- Was already in the original

"Additional changes include revamped Tag Missions and availability in Traditional Chinese."
-Revamped Tag Missions? Oh you mean stripping game modes and features from the online modes in NGS2/NGRE....I guess removing content nowadays means "revamped"

"However, Team Ninja had to remove multiplayer for the collection to reach more platforms."
- I.E - KT probably wanted to spend as little money as possible on this half ass collection

Kronin

I loved NG Black and NG II, I never played the Sigma versions neither any version at all of NG3: so for these reasons I will be more than glad to play the remastered trilogy on PC.

But sadly it's impossibile not notice that even this time KT is doing a PC port of a TN game without any will to polish it at all...
This is the way for selling a product on the shoulders of old fans, but not with the wish to expand its fanbase: in the interview they said that prefer to direct reosurces to a new game rather than doing a remake. Sure, but before you have always to create an interest for a such game.

Anyway even for this reason I hope that the trilogy will be a success and surely I will give my contribute for it. And I also confide in the works of modders out there for being able to make the games more fun and "new".

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Oh god im dead - I found this new character pose, the way that Ryu runs LOL!

Attachments

• 1618276353017.png
    1618276353017.png
    370.8 KB · Views: 84

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Pray to the NG gods that there are at least a few reverse engineering gurus that are Ninja Gaiden fans lol!

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I miss the times when people weren't antagonizing the game developers. Don't like it? Don't buy it.
Thinking like that is why devs get away with milking people so much for such little content.

Think about the design choices Team Ninja would of made to future games after NG3 if everyone had the don't like it and don't buy it attitude.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I miss the times when people weren't antagonizing the game developers. Don't like it? Don't buy it.
I miss the times when game developers released good products instead of lazy/impaired rereleases forced by publishers/shareholders for a quick buck.

It's pretty obvious that some of these decisions are the result of publishers and such, many times times conflicting with the desires/intentions of the artists/developers themselves. If critical/consumer response is good, the publishers continue to abuse the actual developers into releasing products they aren't content with. When response is negative/critical, these practices are frequently re-examined (see: Cyberpunk). Often, this kind of critical feedback is supporting the developers, not antagonizing them.

Don't like my post? Don't respond to it (broad anti-criticism arguments are invariably stupid).

Last edited:

dg1995

I miss the times when game developers released good products instead of lazy/impaired rereleases forced by publishers/shareholders for a quick buck.
And why they are lazy ? Only because they don't rerelease a version that you prefer DOES NOT make them lazy.

Also, Ninja Gaiden is a DEAD franchise. It's obvious why they don't want to spend that big on it.(You should appreciate that they are at least making a remaster for it. On the otherhand, Capcom doesn't even remaster God Hand,Onimusha 2,3,4 and Dino Crisis 1,2 games.)

It's pretty obvious that some of these decisions are the result of publishers and such, many times times conflicting with the desires/intentions of the artists/developers themselves. If critical/consumer response is good, the publishers continue to abuse the actual developers into releasing products they aren't content with. When response is negative/critical, these practices are frequently re-examined (see: Cyberpunk). Often, this kind of critical feedback is supporting the developers, not antagonizing them.
Consumer response has lost it's value these days since majority of online "feedback" has turned into trolling. Internet has also gave none fans a platform to "criticize" the games they hate.

For example:

-If you take a look at RE fans opinions on RE forums you see fans that want next REs to be Alone In The Dark clones with tank controls and fixed camera angles.

-If you take a look at Tekken forums you found some people that want Korean backdash cancel and juggling to be removed.

-You have some Tomb Raider fans on the internet that want tank controls with terrible combat in next TR games.

It also doesn't help that famous youtubers opinions have become completely worthless since they just search the forums to find the most popular opinion and after that tell the dominant side what they want to hear in their videos for more clicks and money.

All game publishers only care about the money they make out of games. If they make less money, then they decide to change direction. CDPR always wanted to fix Cyberpunk after it's release. The negative feedbacks had no effect in persuading them to do it.
Thinking like that is why devs get away with milking people so much for such little content.

Think about the design choices Team Ninja would of made to future games after NG3 if everyone had the don't like it and don't buy it attitude.
No. Games these days have much more content than PS1/PS2 era games. (NES games had so little content that the developers had to give them very unbalanced difficulty to artificially extend the gameplay time. We also had arcades at that time that had so little content and were designed so hard to get more coins from the players.)

Lmao. But NG fans had the don't like it don't buy it attitude then since they didn't like NG 3 and so they didn't buy it. The failure of NG 3 made Tecmo to retire Ninja Gaiden for some time.
Don't like my post? Don't respond to it (broad anti-criticism arguments are invariably stupid).
Criticizing isn't always a good choice. Since it just turns you into a person that doesn't find any enjoyment in anything and makes you to always complain about everything.(And kinda funny the guys that always "criticize" a game will just move on from one controversy to another.)

We even have people that criticize developers for making games they don't like and want the game to be cancelled.(six days in fallujah)

That's why publishers don't care that much about online feedback.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD