Nioh General Discussion

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Didn't even know Team Ninja was handing them out to begin with. I was hoping they'd went with the email way where you sign up on the site and you get a code to try the alpha demo.

I'd imagine some of them were passed down to heavy reviewers on social media/YT as well as for articles.

just_me

Standard Donor
No one knew… except the selected few that got an invite, I guess :p
Would have preferred a slightly more “open“ closed alpha with signup, survey + pitch and then they send invites from there… but I've never had luck with those either, so I guess it doesn't matter in my case XD

The demo is also for 10 whole days… so the might also send stuff in waves.

I didn't want to go to Gamescom this year, but if Nioh 2 is playable… I guess I have to…

just_me

Standard Donor
What's the selection process? Is there any chance of someone like me getting invited to the closed Alpha?

I know someone who got in, but is pretty much a random person otherwise… not press, large content creator etc.
So… maybe?

Though if you didn't get any mail by now you are not in… or at least not in the first batch. Given the rather long timespan of the demo, I wouldn't rule it out that they send some more emails over time. All we can do is hope lol

N1ce Dreams

I think Nioh is a great game, a really great game. But what ruins it for me is it being like Dark Souls and Bloodborne, running around with your health potions then you get killed, do it all again and pick up souls. I'd rather just die then try again. This whole Dark souls theme bores the shit outta me. I was gonna get Nioh 2 but I'll pass now.

Eks

Play Yakuza
Premium Donor
Yokai Shift :D
20190522_220006.jpg
20190522_215948.jpg

Sotherius

So Yokai shift replaces Living Weapon from the first game.

Here is a video on the character customization, of course, alpha is very limited, but we can see they have at least a bunch of menus, i think this will be a really in depht customization system.

About performance, there was a stream that seemed 720p 60fps, but i can't confirm with only having my naked eye as source. So, if anyone find anything related to that, i would be thankful, i'm hoping it runs as well as Nioh 1 on regular ps4.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD