"Now For Business..." General DOA5 Christie Gameplay Discussion

Lulu

Describe the setup in more detail please

LoL... I wish I could but I've only seen it twice..... I'm 100% sure it was a knock down and not any type of bound.

Kwiggles actually pulled it off in Summer Jam 8 in his match against Hoodless (Zack).

I thought it was a glitch.... until the AI did it to me.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
LoL... I wish I could but I've only seen it twice..... I'm 100% sure it was a knock down and not any type of bound.

Kwiggles actually pulled it off in Summer Jam 8 in his match against Hoodless (Zack).

I thought it was a glitch.... until the AI did it to me.
Post the match video.

Lulu

Using PP6PP as a launcher can lead to a bound combo dependent on which part of the PP6PP string exceeded the stun threshold and launched the opponent. It's not an unusual setup.

But that looks like a Knock Down animation..... the untechable kind.

That plus I don't know of any other characters that can do it.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
It's considered a bound combo, and it looks awesome.

What's your guys take on Christie's JAK-cancels?

66PP(P)2/8
4PP(P)2/8
3PP(P)2/8
BT2PPP(P)2/8

I've been implementing 66PP(P)~JAK & 4PP(P)~JAK into my gameplay a bit more because 66PPP & 4PPP will get held sooner or later despite being safe on block. Haven't really found a use for 3PP(P)~JAK or BT2PPP(P)~JAK yet. 3PP~2/8P+K is a fine alternative for me and I don't focus on BT poking that much with Christie.

Dark-truth

oh

66PP(P)2/8
4PP(P)2/8
3PP(P)2/8
BT2PPP(P)2/8

I've been implementing 66PP(P)~JAK & 4PP(P)~JAK into my gameplay a bit more because 66PPP & 4PPP will get held sooner or later despite being safe on block. Haven't really found a use for 3PP(P)~JAK or BT2PPP(P)~JAK yet. 3PP~2/8P+K is a fine alternative for me and I don't focus on BT poking that much with Christie.
ohhh i wanna try it too bad my ps3 broke and dont have a ps4 yet

Goarmagon

Standard Donor

66PP(P)2/8
4PP(P)2/8
3PP(P)2/8
BT2PPP(P)2/8

Well sometimes I might purposely whiff a machinegun string to bait a punish just so I can do it. All in all a jak-cancel in itself is pretty risky at point blank range against someone who knows how to defend themselves against Christie. One of my favorite things to do tho is to use the GB. A lot of people just don't have the timing to hold it and more people don't know that you can technically throw punish it.

Those are my 2 cents.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Hey guys, been messing around with double-JAKs, i.e. JAK-2P+K/8P+K. How do you guys implement these techniques? Besides trolling Kokoro...

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Ah... finally found the point of JAK~2P+K/8P+K (Double JAKs)! Aside from trolling Kokoro (or Ein before he got 1P), or as a fancy gimmick, JAK~2P+K is used to evade people that try to stuff JAK with a linear attack such as a 6P or 3K. I.e. I can do 6PP~JAK~2P+K to deal with opponents that are adept at stuffing JAK transitions on reaction. You can also perform a JAK follow-up after a Double JAK too for retaliation. Glad to have even more tools to make opponents hesitate to push a button when I'm JAKing off! :cool:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Opening up on something new to talk about, and that is the recent change to Christie's 7ppp string in the latest patch update.

According to @ULTIMa Ivanov, the first two hits are still a natural combo on hit, but due to the hit now being a light stun, it now leaves Christie at +8. Has anyone found things to adapt to with this change, such as what it's safe against and what isn't?

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Hey guys, check out this match after 6:27:00. Some weird shit happened. My opponent claimed to be blocking and got hit by JAK~P in the back. It seems like JAK~P hit the opponent while they were re-orienting from BT to FT. I've never gotten behind an opponent before with JAK. In SCV it's common to be able to SS to an opponents back, but not really in DOA5LR.

https://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers2/v/67758301

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Actually there is a sidestepping/tracking glitch I saw a while back in the media section with several characters. Its a very specific command thats very situational but it allows you to get behind a blocking opponent really fast but it didnt require the jakheiho.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD