Offical Helena Gameplay Discussion Thread

Akumasama

Italy
Main Character
Gamertag
Akumasama
PSN ID
Akumasama
So Helena's "sidestep" move from Bokuho (2_8+PK) can avoid single strikes that are not tracking.
I wonder if anybody knows the exact frame data?
I mean, some strikes are too fast and still hit you despite being not tracking, so there's gotta be a threshold and strikes that are faster than that will hit you, everything else won't.

Anybody knows what this threshold is?

KING JAIMY

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Main Character
Rig
Gamertag
KING JAIMY
3DS Friend Code
5086-3025-4977
PSN ID
King_Jaimy
Steam
KING JAIMY
Had some really nice matches against @Akumasama today. He taught me some interesting things about the Helena matchup. Bokuho at R1F is really annoying to deal with. I didn't realize it was so threatening to start the round in Bokuho because it immediately puts you in a guessing situation.

Akumasama

Italy
Main Character
Gamertag
Akumasama
PSN ID
Akumasama
I didn't realize it was so threatening to start the round in Bokuho because it immediately puts you in a guessing situation.
Yeah! Always been like this even in DoA5LR, I start like 90% of my matches from Bokuho because I like it so much, it's part of my personal style.
In DoA6 you couldn't cancel Bokuho before match start, if you entered before it, but I think they sort of fixed it now. With some errors here and there but I seem to be able to cancel Bokuho into a counter right at start with no noticeable fame disadvantage.

It's still sorta annoying to use against chars with very fast mids and/or fast tracking mids, like NiCO for example, I have several issues staring in BKO against NiCO characters.

Thanks for the matches anyway <3

KING JAIMY

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Main Character
Rig
Gamertag
KING JAIMY
3DS Friend Code
5086-3025-4977
PSN ID
King_Jaimy
Steam
KING JAIMY
Yeah! Always been like this even in DoA5LR, I start like 90% of my matches from Bokuho because I like it so much, it's part of my personal style.
In DoA6 you couldn't cancel Bokuho before match start, if you entered before it, but I think they sort of fixed it now. With some errors here and there but I seem to be able to cancel Bokuho into a counter right at start with no noticeable fame disadvantage.

It's still sorta annoying to use against chars with very fast mids and/or fast tracking mids, like NiCO for example, I have several issues staring in BKO against NiCO characters.

Thanks for the matches anyway <3
Also, I almost forgot to mention, is BKO 6P4P a natural counter hit combo? I couldn't seem to hold the 2nd part as soon as the 1st part hit me on counter. Either way, it's a great move regardless. Reminds me I should use it way more often myself.

Akumasama

Italy
Main Character
Gamertag
Akumasama
PSN ID
Akumasama
In DoA5 second punch is guaranteed if the first connects, no matter if normal, counter or hi counter hit.
In DoA6 it wasn't like this and OmeganHeckart reported it, I got held on second punch several times too even if the first punch landed.

Now I'm not sure anymore if things are still like that or if they have ninja-reversed it without mentioning it in the patch notes /shrug

Last edited:
Forgot your password?