Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

hardseppo

Fiona (Zombie) Gravure Panel (Naughty Cupid SSR) with lotions
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35022864

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Fiona-(Zombie)-Gravure-Panel-(Naughty-Cupid-SSR)-with-lotions.jpg

RetroMe91

So who does everyone have the hardest time giving swimsuits to in Scarlet?

I notice that Hitomi is being really stingy in my game. I have to try 2-5 times for any swimsuit that she finds indifferent or worse...

otnesse

Well, my power supply is restored, so now I can respond to this thread again among others.

I think I've come up with a theory regarding new character releases, thanks largely to Kanna debuting and Nagisa exiting the paywall literally around the same time. Namely if a girl is to be released, they'd need to be released, both in and out of the paywall, before their birthday. That essentially means that if any of the cut girls are to get in, they'd need to be released well before their birth dates. Tina, if she's going to be released, is most likely going to be released on July, since, 1., Independence Day falls on the same week as Tanabata, which going by the past year as well as Kanna being released in April instead of March (around the same time as Tamaki in fact), is most likely going to be barely within the first week of July; 2., considering that Leifang hosted the Tanabata festival in her debut episodes partly because of Tanabata's ties to China, her home country, they're probably going to be planning something similar with Tina (and considering this most recent event had explicit references to Easter and largely factoring into the event, if they can do Easter, which is not a commonly practiced holiday in Japan unlike Christmas, Valentines, or Halloween, they most certainly can do Independence Day for Tina); and 3., it's pretty much the only time right now that can allow for Tina to be released before her birthday (September would make that impossible, and December would just occur in December). As far as Mila, if she's appearing any time this year, it would have to be December (as the last week of September's far too close to her birthday. Make no mistake, if they can release Nagisa around the same time Kanna was unveiled solely to ensure she's released by her birthday, they most certainly won't debut any girls close to their birthday). I can't comment on Rachel, Christie, or Lisa, since I don't know if they're going to repeat the pattern next year, or if they'll do March/June/August/November (I suspect the only reason why they reused last year's release schedule barring January is because of there being a double-whammy release of both DOAX3:S and DOA6 around that time), and until I know what next year is going to be like in terms of scheduling girl debut-wise, I cannot make any guesses. Bear in mind these are guesses, not 100% confirmed or even 50% confirmed (for all we know, they'll have yet another new girl for July, though they'd better not).

BTW, speaking of girl releases, think they're going to delay Tamaki's release for the Steam version? I mean, if they do the releases like the Japanese version, she's going to be released in July or August if they do it like the DMM version, which would be too close to her birthday, and considering they had released the First Softening Beauty Treatment much earlier than expected due to Christmas, New Years, and Valentines Day obviously not occurring anytime soon (and Luna not being due for release yet, among other stuff), I wouldn't be surprised if Tamaki's release is delayed specifically to take into account that she's released too close to her birthday.

RetroMe91

As far as Scarlet goes, do you think we might see the first additional character in June (3 months post release)? It would be like what we see with DOA6 and it follows the every 3 month pattern we see in VV. If this is the case, who came first, Luna or Tamaki? I’d take either, but I’d prefer Tamaki.

otnesse

As far as Scarlet goes, do you think we might see the first additional character in June (3 months post release)? It would be like what we see with DOA6 and it follows the every 3 month pattern we see in VV. If this is the case, who came first, Luna or Tamaki? I’d take either, but I’d prefer Tamaki.

Let's hope Luna comes out first (mostly so they can at least address where Luna came from, since that's an enigma. At least with Tamaki, it's obvious she's Japanese.). Heck, based on the March VA gacha thing, Luna already has her render out (and if anything, I'm surprised they haven't posted Luna or Misaki's renders from that thing onto the official site).

RetroMe91

Let's hope Luna comes out first (mostly so they can at least address where Luna came from, since that's an enigma. At least with Tamaki, it's obvious she's Japanese.). Heck, based on the March VA gacha thing, Luna already has her render out (and if anything, I'm surprised they haven't posted Luna or Misaki's renders from that thing onto the official site).
They’re all technically rendered and could easily be placed in the game. I mean they are just going to recycle the character model from VV into “new” animations. The only thing that they have to add is new swimsuits and they will probably just be recycled swimsuits from VV as well. If not VV, then DOA5 dlc.

otnesse

They’re all technically rendered and could easily be placed in the game. I mean they are just going to recycle the character model from VV into “new” animations. The only thing that they have to add is new swimsuits and they will probably just be recycled swimsuits from VV as well. If not VV, then DOA5 dlc.

When I said renders, I mean the stuff on the official site. Not counting the original nine girls from DOAX3, the only girls who lack any renders at all on the site are Misaki and Luna. To give you an example:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net..._DOAXVV.png/revision/latest?cb=20180412134523

latest

RetroMe91

So Aroma and Bamboo Shoots are in the Owner Shop.
Hopefully some of you are excited about either of these. I’m not so much excited about this set, but i am excited that it means the next set is the Bunny costume and the that cute yet cheap swimsuit that was in Hitomi’s DOAX2 collection.

Jadeinchains

They have been SO quiet on Scarlet since it released anyone else feel that way? I want to know how well it sold etc. And I want to know or get an interview/some info on if/what they're plans are dlc support wise are with it going forward?

otnesse

Looks like Scarlet was just a port/patch with 2 extra girls. The fact 2 months in and it's not getting anything at all is a bad sign.

They'd better have more than those two. They've still got to release Luna, Tamaki, Fiona, Nagisa, and Kanna, to say little about Tina, Mila, Rachel, Christie, and Lisa, or heck, even NiCO. I mean, Luna and Fiona don't have any known nationality barring that they aren't Japanese, so they especially need to get in soon.

Last edited:

RetroMe91

They'd better have more than those two. They've still got to release Luna, Tamaki, Fiona, Nagisa, and Kanna, to say little about Tina, Mila, Rachel, Christie, and Lisa, or heck, even NiCO. I mean, Luna and Fiona don't have any known nationality barring that they aren't Japanese, so they especially need to get in soon.
I imagine we won’t be getting all of the characters you mentioned, but I would like to at least get the VV girls, specifically Tamaki and Fiona. I also kinda want Kanna because it would be funny to have her and Nyotengu on the island together. Haha. Of the girls that didn’t make the cut, I just really want Lisa. I would like Tina just because of the swimsuits she had in the past and Rachel if they put the cool swimsuit she had that was silver and mesh. It would be fun to see them add NiCo as well. I just wonder what her swimsuit collection would look like and how serious they would make her in a vacation setting.

otnesse

I imagine we won’t be getting all of the characters you mentioned, but I would like to at least get the VV girls, specifically Tamaki and Fiona. I also kinda want Kanna because it would be funny to have her and Nyotengu on the island together. Haha. Of the girls that didn’t make the cut, I just really want Lisa. I would like Tina just because of the swimsuits she had in the past and Rachel if they put the cool swimsuit she had that was silver and mesh. It would be fun to see them add NiCo as well. I just wonder what her swimsuit collection would look like and how serious they would make her in a vacation setting.

Then why even bother making Xtreme 3: Scarlet in the first place? Why even bother adding in Misaki and Leifang to the roster in Scarlet? I mean, you're going to bother adding two of them in, might as well add ALL of them in. That's what I would have done, budget be darned.

Besides, Mila and Rachel were cheated out of their first vacation (and Rachel arguably has it even worse thanks to the stupid decision of not allowing Momiji and Rachel in DOA6 due to their originating from Ninja Gaiden, which is even worse of an excuse than the DOAXVV girls not being fighters. Ryu Hayabusa also originated from Ninja Gaiden. Didn't stop him from appearing in various DOA games, including 6.). Better to have them in DOAX3 so they at least actually GET a vacation for once. Heck, add all of them in, especially when there was absolutely no reason to have a poll contest anyway (DOA5LR alone proved that the PS4, for example, could handle 32 characters, which is MORE than enough for the 15 DOA5 girls, plus the girls from DOAXVV and NiCO).

And quite frankly, I want all of them in. If I had to choose of the newcomers, I'd pick Luna and Fiona, mostly because their nationalities are explicitly unknown (at least with Tamaki, Nagisa, and Kanna, we can reasonably assume they are Japanese due to their names and, in the case of Kanna, her specifically being a creature of Japanese mythology).

RetroMe91

I’m surprised that they haven’t ported the White dresses from Fortune over as dlc yet since they’ve ported the majority of the dlc over so far. I am a little worried since they don’t even tweet about this game and it appears like this game probably didn’t sell that well. I am hesitantly optimistic that we will get some sort of additional new content at some point, but I feel like we have had radio silence for weeks...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD