Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

hardseppo

Momiji Gravure Panel (Lovely Summer SSR) with lotions
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35068381

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Momiji-Gravure-Panel-(Lovely-Summer-SSR)-with-lotions.jpg

otnesse

Just realized something: Maybe they'll release Leifang first for the Steam version of DOAXVV, instead of Luna or Tamaki. I mean, her debut episodes were released around the time of Tanabata, so unlike Luna, or Tamaki to a certain extent, her entry is somewhat time sensitive (as Tanabata's on July 7).

As far as not selling well, well, they did prevent a worldwide download and required going through a lot of VIP programs just to get the game, so it shouldn't be a surprise if it sold badly.

otnesse

It feels like they care more about VV than either of the console installments.
Then why did they even bother making Scarlet? I mean, if I were to make another version of Xtreme 3, Scarlet or otherwise, I'd make DARN sure that I release ALL the girls in DOAXVV up to that point, and release even more via gradual add-ons, not just DLC.

Besides, Xtreme 3: Scarlet if anything did BETTER in sales than DOA6 which was an utter disaster, so if anything, they really should give more focus on DOAX3:S.

RetroMe91

Then why did they even bother making Scarlet? I mean, if I were to make another version of Xtreme 3, Scarlet or otherwise, I'd make DARN sure that I release ALL the girls in DOAXVV up to that point, and release even more via gradual add-ons, not just DLC.

Besides, Xtreme 3: Scarlet if anything did BETTER in sales than DOA6 which was an utter disaster, so if anything, they really should give more focus on DOAX3:S.
I’m not sure it did better. They did hardly any advertising or PR for Scarlet. It flew under the radar. I’m sure VV pulls in more sales as it is a gacha game and those are know for getting people to spend money. Plus they still tweet about Fortune, but they haven’t tweeted about Scarlet once since launch. I assume that Scarlet couldn’t have cost that much since it’s almost all recycled assets. I am just losing hope since they seem to pretend this game doesn’t exist. Did they talk about Scarlet in the live event they did? I know it was for VV, but usually they do a little update on the other DOAX games.

otnesse

I’m not sure it did better. They did hardly any advertising or PR for Scarlet. It flew under the radar. I’m sure VV pulls in more sales as it is a gacha game and those are know for getting people to spend money. Plus they still tweet about Fortune, but they haven’t tweeted about Scarlet once since launch. I assume that Scarlet couldn’t have cost that much since it’s almost all recycled assets. I am just losing hope since they seem to pretend this game doesn’t exist. Did they talk about Scarlet in the live event they did? I know it was for VV, but usually they do a little update on the other DOAX games.

Well, it certainly sold more preorders than DOA6 did at COMG, and DOA6 was unambiguously a bomb even after release (It went F2P within a few weeks), and that was DESPITE DOA6 doing lots of PR (and in fact, its PR during development was ironically one reason why it was utterly hated). Based on that, I'd argue DOA6 definitely did worse than Scarlet.

Last edited:

Jackie Chan Fan

I'm guessing the zack_island Twitter account tweets automatically using some special software or service. The only Scarlet related tweet that I've seen from them is about Senran Kagura. I think there's the leaf DLC too.

RetroMe91

Well, it certainly sold more preorders than DOA6 did at COMG, and DOA6 was unambiguously a bomb even after release (It went F2P within a few weeks), and that was DESPITE DOA6 doing lots of PR (and in fact, its PR during development was ironically one reason why it was utterly hated). Based on that, I'd argue DOA6 definitely did worse than Scarlet.
I think you might be a bit overly optimistic. I am sure we will get something from them eventually, but it just feels like they’ve given up on this game a little. Not even a single new dlc set has come to the store.

otnesse

I think you might be a bit overly optimistic. I am sure we will get something from them eventually, but it just feels like they’ve given up on this game a little. Not even a single new dlc set has come to the store.

Yeah, well, they shouldn't have even bothered making Scarlet if they're going to give up on it that quickly. I mean, come on! This was their biggest chance to redeem themselves of their gross mishandling of Xtreme 3 short of Venus Vacation, such as cutting six girls among other things, not to mention fix certain mistakes for Xtreme Venus Vacation (ie, failing to list several of the new girls nationalities).

hardseppo

Kanna Character Episode 01 (Gale Thunderclap SSR) with malfunction & lotions
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35071912

Kanna Character Episode 02 (Gale Thunderclap SSR) with malfunction & lotions
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35072198

Kanna Character Episode 03 (Gale Thunderclap SSR) with malfunction & lotions
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35072467

Kanna Character Episode 04 (Gale Thunderclap SSR) with malfunction & lotions
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35072853

Kanna Character Episode 05 (Gale Thunderclap SSR) with malfunction & lotions
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35073839

Kanna Character Episode 06 (Gale Thunderclap SSR) with malfunction & lotions
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35074074

Kanna Character Episode 07 (Gale Thunderclap SSR) with malfunction & lotions
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35074408

Kanna Character Episode 08 (Gale Thunderclap SSR) with malfunction & lotions
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35075014

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Kanna-Character-Episode-01-(Gale-Thunderclap-SSR)-with-malfunction-and-lot...jpg

otnesse

Must admit, they seemed to be rather quick with Kanna. It took, what? Eight episodes to get to the aftermath of the festival? Usually it took all 11, if even that, to get there.

RetroMe91

Yeah, well, they shouldn't have even bothered making Scarlet if they're going to give up on it that quickly. I mean, come on! This was their biggest chance to redeem themselves of their gross mishandling of Xtreme 3 short of Venus Vacation, such as cutting six girls among other things, not to mention fix certain mistakes for Xtreme Venus Vacation (ie, failing to list several of the new girls nationalities).
I’m just worried that TN/Koei Tecmo won’t see Scarlet as having a high profit margin. I really want new characters and dlc added to the game, but it’s starting to feel less likely. That being said, if we do get new characters, then the most likely to make the cut would be Luna and Tamaki. I don’t think they care about explaining nationalities of the VV girls enough to use that as justification for why they would add them to Scarlet tbh.

Though, based off what we know about these characters, many other forums and fans believe Luna to be from Norway and Fiona to be from the UK, specifically Ireland/Scotland.

otnesse

I’m just worried that TN/Koei Tecmo won’t see Scarlet as having a high profit margin. I really want new characters and dlc added to the game, but it’s starting to feel less likely. That being said, if we do get new characters, then the most likely to make the cut would be Luna and Tamaki. I don’t think they care about explaining nationalities of the VV girls enough to use that as justification for why they would add them to Scarlet tbh.

Though, based off what we know about these characters, many other forums and fans believe Luna to be from Norway and Fiona to be from the UK, specifically Ireland/Scotland.

If there was no reason to list their nationalities, then why was it that they even bothered to list the other girls' nationalities in prior games, including Xtreme 3?

And quite frankly, Tamaki was pretty obviously Japanese (her name being written in Hiragana is more than enough to confirm that bit), so I could care less about her or Nagisa's nationalities being revealed (and besides, thanks to Misaki being confirmed Japanese, I don't need to worry about Nagisa's nationality since, by virtue of Misaki being her younger sister, she's also Japanese). Or for that matter Kanna's nationality (her being an Oni already makes clear that she originated from Japan, since Oni are Japanese mythological creatures, even if her name is in Katakana instead of Hiragana.).

Though I'll admit Luna being Norwegian's a new one. I've heard she was from Russia in this thread, or even Ukrainian. Fiona's probably UK due to her name and her being a princess (the UK is one of only 10 European countries to retain a monarchy, not counting Vatican City). But then again, Marie's a French name, yet Marie Rose is Swedish, so that's not much to go by.

RetroMe91

If there was no reason to list their nationalities, then why was it that they even bothered to list the other girls' nationalities in prior games, including Xtreme 3?

And quite frankly, Tamaki was pretty obviously Japanese (her name being written in Hiragana is more than enough to confirm that bit), so I could care less about her or Nagisa's nationalities being revealed (and besides, thanks to Misaki being confirmed Japanese, I don't need to worry about Nagisa's nationality since, by virtue of Misaki being her younger sister, she's also Japanese). Or for that matter Kanna's nationality (her being an Oni already makes clear that she originated from Japan, since Oni are Japanese mythological creatures, even if her name is in Katakana instead of Hiragana.).

Though I'll admit Luna being Norwegian's a new one. I've heard she was from Russia in this thread, or even Ukrainian. Fiona's probably UK due to her name and her being a princess (the UK is one of only 10 European countries to retain a monarchy, not counting Vatican City). But then again, Marie's a French name, yet Marie Rose is Swedish, so that's not much to go by.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying that confirmation of nationality isn’t a viable enough reason for them to add a character to a game. Profit or popularity is a viable enough reason. I get how badly you want the confirmation, but VV doesn’t do those confirmations. I would love for them to add all 10 (11 if you include NiCO) of the characters you want in the game. I just don’t see it being likely with how little they are doing for this game. I mean they didn’t even add the white dresses to the dlc shop... I hope that I am wrong though.

Yes, we know those girls are Japanese. You’ve given us this explanation a few times now.

I never heard Russian, but I guess that could work. I have heard Norwegian because her original SSR looks like it is Viking inspired. (Luna that is) I think it’s clear that Fiona is from the UK for the reasons you stated. Fiona is a Celtic name by origin. Also Marie is not just a French name. It’s a very popular European/English speaking name.

For clarification, I don’t disagree with you about wanting confirmation on the character’s origin, but I don’t think that’s enough reason to add them to the game at least from a developer’s point if view. The profit margin or ability to grab new players would be the reason to add a character. That’s also why I said Luna and Tamaki would be the two we would get because they were the two added after Misaki and they are the two next most popular characters from VV. Besides, unlike those of us in this forum, most people who play this care more about the character’s aesthetic and less about their origins.

otnesse

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying that confirmation of nationality isn’t a viable enough reason for them to add a character to a game. Profit or popularity is a viable enough reason. I get how badly you want the confirmation, but VV doesn’t do those confirmations. I would love for them to add all 10 (11 if you include NiCO) of the characters you want in the game. I just don’t see it being likely with how little they are doing for this game. I mean they didn’t even add the white dresses to the dlc shop... I hope that I am wrong though.

Yes, we know those girls are Japanese. You’ve given us this explanation a few times now.

I never heard Russian, but I guess that could work. I have heard Norwegian because her original SSR looks like it is Viking inspired. (Luna that is) I think it’s clear that Fiona is from the UK for the reasons you stated. Fiona is a Celtic name by origin. Also Marie is not just a French name. It’s a very popular European/English speaking name.

For clarification, I don’t disagree with you about wanting confirmation on the character’s origin, but I don’t think that’s enough reason to add them to the game at least from a developer’s point if view. The profit margin or ability to grab new players would be the reason to add a character. That’s also why I said Luna and Tamaki would be the two we would get because they were the two added after Misaki and they are the two next most popular characters from VV. Besides, unlike those of us in this forum, most people who play this care more about the character’s aesthetic and less about their origins.

I'm pretty sure that Fiona and Nagisa also were pretty popular and profitable as well (can't comment on Kanna, though... Mostly because her third paid outfit hasn't even been released yet.), so I see zero reason why they'd be excluded (and besides, Tina's pretty popular among the Japanese base, and Rachel was requested to be in DOA5U/LR as well. And if they could bring Lisa back without killing her, I'm pretty sure she'll be profitable enough to include.). And as far as white dresses, they'll probably be added in sooner or later. Speaking as someone who's done Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain multiple times, they've added in various weapons updates, even when it literally took a year to implement, not just weapons, but also new playable characters for the FOB such as Ocelot and Quiet, and they even recently added in a Hard Mode for various events. If they can do that, Xtreme Venus Vacation can as well.

RetroMe91

I'm pretty sure that Fiona and Nagisa also were pretty popular and profitable as well (can't comment on Kanna, though... Mostly because her third paid outfit hasn't even been released yet.), so I see zero reason why they'd be excluded (and besides, Tina's pretty popular among the Japanese base, and Rachel was requested to be in DOA5U/LR as well. And if they could bring Lisa back without killing her, I'm pretty sure she'll be profitable enough to include.). And as far as white dresses, they'll probably be added in sooner or later. Speaking as someone who's done Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain multiple times, they've added in various weapons updates, even when it literally took a year to implement, not just weapons, but also new playable characters for the FOB such as Ocelot and Quiet, and they even recently added in a Hard Mode for various events. If they can do that, Xtreme Venus Vacation can as well.
We will see. If they don’t release a character or even any dlc in June, then they have given up on the console versions.

The thing about VV is that it’s a gacha games and those are always profitable. Think about the Live Live game and the BanG Dream game on mobile. Super profitable. So it’s hard to compare a gacha game to a console game. Think about all the cheats that save scumming offers and how little people spend on the limited time owner swimsuits. I’m worried that Scarlet will have the same fate as Fortune and die sooner than intended. I want to be optimistic because I would love it if every 3 months we get a new character like they do in VV, but I worry it’s unrealistic. I’d love to have Tamaki and Fiona on the game. Since Luna was the second new character release in VV, she would likely be the next character for Scarlet and that makes me more interested in her. Idk. I’m hesitantly optimistic, but trying to keep it realistic on here.

KwonJigglypuff

Regarding the nationalities:

I'd says Fiona is from Scotland as the name "Fiona" was created by a Scottish poet. Also, the country is known for its castles, its national flower is purple and Fiona likes drinking tea. If not Scotland, then Ireland.

For Luna, as she says she comes from a "cold and impoverished country", I'd say she is Russian. Plus, NiCO was based on Luna and was supposed to be Russian in her first concept. If not Russian, then Mongolia.

RetroMe91

I'd says Fiona is from Scotland as the name "Fiona" was created by a Scottish poet. Also, the country is known for its castles, its national flower is purple and Fiona likes drinking tea. If not Scotland, then Ireland.

For Luna, as she says she comes from a "cold and impoverished country", I'd say she is Russian. Plus, NiCO was based on Luna and was supposed to be Russian in her first concept. If not Russian, then Mongolia.
I like the idea that Luna could be Mongolian, but she looks so European to me.

Ninoasker

Girls with blonde/white hair and blue eyes is a common anime trope for female Russian characters so if she’s actually revealed to be Russian it wouldn’t come as surprising to me tbh.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD