Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

Jackie Chan Fan

Sorry if this is a little off-topic.

So this report says that Cyberpunk 2077 will have full-frontal female nudity, something that Dead or Alive games will never do. But it seems Sony is allowing it. Swimsuit malfunction is not (DOAX3 Scarlet). That's self-censorship from Koei Tecmo/Team Ninja, right?

UpSideDownGRUNT

It could be a number of things, for example malfunction and swimsuits not in Scarlet are still in Fortune. Plus, if it was self censorship why would the stuff not in PS4 Scarlet be in the Switch version? It could even be because DOAX3 has depictions of minors with Marie and Honoka, yes, they're 18 but they don't LOOK 18+ which can still cause problems.

otnesse

It could be a number of things, for example malfunction and swimsuits not in Scarlet are still in Fortune. Plus, if it was self censorship why would the stuff not in PS4 Scarlet be in the Switch version? It could even be because DOAX3 has depictions of minors with Marie and Honoka, yes, they're 18 but they don't LOOK 18+ which can still cause problems.
I can understand why someone would think Marie doesn't look 18 even though I personally disagree, but Honoka!? She's got, pardon my French, but bazookas, even by DOA standards, she sure as heck doesn't look 10 or 12, certainly doesn't look like a minor with that chest.

In any case, as far as that Cyberpunk thing, I think there was a similar story with that succubus thing for Steam, how it managed to get full-frontal female nudity or something without even increasing the rating.

Kasumi-Phase-X

Sorry if this is a little off-topic.

So this report says that Cyberpunk 2077 will have full-frontal female nudity, something that Dead or Alive games will never do. But it seems Sony is allowing it. Swimsuit malfunction is not (DOAX3 Scarlet). That's self-censorship from Koei Tecmo/Team Ninja, right?

Even if DOA does nudity, certain parts (nipples and crouch) would be consider as obscene which would be illegal in Japan if they were uncensored:

Most likely has something to do with what profits that CD Projekt has that Sony wouldn't dare use their current censorship policy on them.

If companies like KT/TN dare puts their games on any Playstation products (like DOAX3 Scarlet for example), they'd have go through whatever Sony doesn't allow (like Omega Labyrinth & Senran Kagura for examples), which are selectively enforced.

It could even be because DOAX3 has depictions of minors with Marie and Honoka, yes, they're 18 but they don't LOOK 18+ which can still cause problems.

Their appearances has little do with how Sony regulate games like these two for example:

Devil May Cry 5 (US PS4 Version before Patch 1.07): https://twinfinite.net/2019/03/devil-may-cry-5-censored-ps4/

Terminator: Resistance Sex Scene: https://nichegamer.com/2019/12/09/t...the-sex-scenes-because-of-sony-and-microsoft/

hardseppo

Kasumi Gravure Panel (Secret Class SSR) with malfunction and lotions

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Kasumi-Gravure-Panel-(Secret-Class-SSR)-with-malfunction-and-lotions.jpg

HHH816

i think it's about the theme, DOAX3 evolve around half naked girl, there's no way around or game play choice.

in cyberpunk , the witcher or GTA you can choose not to go to the brothels and paying for hooker

otnesse

i think it's about the theme, DOAX3 evolve around half naked girl, there's no way around or game play choice.

in cyberpunk , the witcher or GTA you can choose not to go to the brothels and paying for hooker
I prefer the term "scantily clad", since "half-naked" seems inaccurate (they'd need to be either topless or bottomless to truly qualify as "half-naked").

Jackie Chan Fan

I used to buy game magazines such as EGM, Xbox Magazine, Official PlayStation Magazine, etc. Usually the magazines describe the fighting game like "the scantily clad ladies of Dead or Alive" blah blah

Even if DOA does nudity, certain parts (nipples and crouch) would be consider as obscene which would be illegal in Japan if they were uncensored:

Most likely has something to do with what profits that CD Projekt has that Sony wouldn't dare use their current censorship policy on them.

If companies like KT/TN dare puts their games on any Playstation products (like DOAX3 Scarlet for example), they'd have go through whatever Sony doesn't allow (like Omega Labyrinth & Senran Kagura for examples), which are selectively enforced.

Their appearances has little do with how Sony regulate games like these two for example:

Devil May Cry 5 (US PS4 Version before Patch 1.07): https://twinfinite.net/2019/03/devil-may-cry-5-censored-ps4/

Thanks for the link. I will read that. I have always thought that nudity of different forms are okay in Japan because of how characters are portrayed in anime. Maybe as long as private parts are covered, it's acceptable?

Maybe what's not acceptable is decapitation? I remember Ninja Gaiden Sigma games has that featured removed in Japan but not in the west.

DMC5 censorship could be an decision for Sony as it had bare butts.

———

Sony has a history of changing stances when it comes to nudity.

BMX XXX for PS2 is censored but not in GC and Xbox.

Then God of War for PS2, and later games, has it all over the place.

Then there's GTA, Witcher, No More Heroes PS3, and even The Last of Us Part II (according to ESRB descriptor). And a lot more western games.

And we all know what happened to DOAX3 Scarlet and Senran Kagura.

lol

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor

hardseppo

Ayane SSR Suit Sequence (Cherry Blossom SSR) with lotions

Kasumi SSR Suit Sequence (Cherry Blossom SSR) with lotions

Monica SSR Suit Sequence (Cherry Blossom SSR) with lotions

Tamaki SSR Suit Sequence (Cherry Blossom SSR) with lotions

Leifang SSR Suit Sequence (Cherry Blossom SSR) with lotions

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Monica-SSR-Suit-Sequence-(Cherry-Blossom-SSR)-with-lotions.jpg

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Tamaki-SSR-Suit-Sequence-(Cherry-Blossom-SSR)-with-lotions.jpg

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Leifang-SSR-Suit-Sequence-(Cherry-Blossom-SSR)-with-lotions.jpg

Last edited:

hardseppo

Luna SSR Suit Sequence (Cherry Blossom SSR) with lotions

Nagisa SSR Suit Sequence (Cherry Blossom SSR) with lotions

Honoka SSR Suit Sequence (Cherry Blossom SSR) with lotions

Sayuri SSR Suit Sequence (Cherry Blossom SSR) with lotions

Kanna SSR Suit Sequence (Cherry Blossom SSR) with lotions

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Nagisa-SSR-Suit-Sequence-(Cherry-Blossom-SSR)-with-lotions.jpg

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Honoka-SSR-Suit-Sequence-(Cherry-Blossom-SSR)-with-lotions.jpg

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Sayuri-SSR-Suit-Sequence-(Cherry-Blossom-SSR)-with-lotions.jpg

hardseppo

Hitomi SSR Suit Sequence (Jewel Emerald SSR) with lotions

Hitomi Birthday Extra Episode 2020 (Jewel Emerald SSR) with malfunction and lotions

Hitomi Birthday 2020 Ring Sequence (Jewel Emerald SSR) with malfunction and lotions

Hitomi Gravure Panel (Jewel Emerald SSR) with lotions

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Hitomi-SSR-Suit-Sequence-(Jewel-Emerald-SSR)-with-lotions.jpg

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Hitomi-Birthday-Extra-Episode-2020-(Jewel-Emerald-SSR)-with-malfunction-an...jpg

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Hitomi-Gravure-Panel-(Jewel-Emerald-SSR)-with-lotions.jpg

Kasumi-Phase-X

Ahoy to Captain Marie Rose who lets the wind show her the way, which also make ship sails move forward with the wind.

Captian Marie.jpg

Marie: Wind powered sailboat, Marie No. 1, let's go!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD