Official DOA6 Costume Thread

uwu

Atahotaku

found these up close Nyo costume videos on twitter, idk why they didnt hashtag these xD

Her new hime cut looks so nice, and she still has her tongue lick thing in her winpose. I think she has about 5 costumes total(if you count the recolors that means she has 15 technically)
The licking feels a bit odd, but that outro is great and she looks as beautiful as ever, if not more. Her reveal trailer didn't make her justice

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
Has anyone posted this yet?? This is Nico's official artwork. She looks bomb!<3

IMG_20190127_205419.jpg

It looks like her alternate hair was supposed to be her old original design but they scrapped it in favor of her dark, moe type bob cut. I also love the Oiran Drive account, we follow each other and always talk about DOA stuff xD

SaihateDYNAMO

View attachment 27494

It looks like her alternate hair was supposed to be her old original design but they scrapped it in favor of her dark, moe type bob cut. I also love the Oiran Drive account, we follow each other and always talk about DOA stuff xD
So you’re telling me her C1 actually could have looked GOOD? Some of these concepts look so much nicer than what we got, wtf were they smoking when scrapping the others??

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
So you’re telling me her C1 actually could have looked GOOD? Some of these concepts look so much nicer than what we got, wtf were they smoking when scrapping the others??
I guess they wanted to give her a cute look rather than a mature one like those designs were, even the alternate hair looks way more serious but I guess they decided going the moe route was the only way xD idk if we've seen all hee costumes yet so I'm hoping maybe like her original hair one of those designs made the cut

uwu

SaihateDYNAMO

I guess they wanted to give her a cute look rather than a mature one like those designs were, even the alternate hair looks way more serious but I guess they decided going the moe route was the only way xD idk if we've seen all hee costumes yet so I'm hoping maybe like her original hair one of those designs made the cut
It sucks that they really had to go moe... again... but yeah I do hope we get an outfit where she wears an actual lab coat lol!

UpSideDownGRUNT

Well 2 costumes there actually made the cut. One is a costume Christie has just without the cost and one is extremely similar to her Deluxe costume.

human013

View attachment 27494

Box 1 has some good designs with C looking really good but I guess they couldn't put in more blue so it was scrapped
Just change her hair color to something else so it fits with the costume god dammit
while box 2 has the worst designs especially with the cape. And when did bob cuts become moe? The year Rem became popular? I get blue bob cut = Rem, but now bob cuts are moe?

With how everyone complained about Nico being too anime, her alt hair is even more anime so people would have popped even more blood vessels if her default was the spikier hair. People would probably say the bob was better if Nico debuted with the spikier hair. One style is as anime as can be while the other is "anime" because an anime character became popular.
maxresdefault.jpg

Overall Nico's design is fine. I don't hate it and it's not bad to look at. Judging from the artwork TN really wanted to go with blue.

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
Box 1 has some good designs with C looking really good but I guess they couldn't put in more blue so it was scrapped
Just change her hair color to something else so it fits with the costume god dammit
while box 2 has the worst designs especially with the cape. And when did bob cuts become moe? The year Rem became popular? I get blue bob cut = Rem, but now bob cuts are moe?

With how everyone complained about Nico being too anime, her alt hair is even more anime so people would have popped even more blood vessels if her default was the spikier hair. People would probably say the bob was better if Nico debuted with the spikier hair. One style is as anime as can be while the other is "anime" because an anime character became popular. View attachment 27495
Overall Nico's design is fine. I don't hate it and it's not bad to look at. Judging from the artwork TN really wanted to go with blue.
The bob cut itself isn't moe but the bangs are, she has those cutesy anime girl bangs(not so much when she suffers a break blow) rather than those more mature blunt hime type straight bangs you would see more mature/slutty girls like Anna Williams or Nyotengu wear(Christie included since she also has a bob but hers has blunt bangs with wispy short sidelocks)

And I'm fine with her design too although I hate how they made her heel boots, they went with a more rounded cute toed boots rather than more pointed mature looking ones. Also instead of giving Christie that one scrapped outfit, they should have gave it to Nico as an alternate one.

human013

The bob cut itself isn't moe but the bangs are, she has those cutesy anime girl bangs(not so much when she suffers a break blow) rather than those more mature blunt hime type straight bangs you would see more mature/slutty girls like Anna Williams or Nyotengu wear(Christie included since she also has a bob but hers has blunt bangs with wispy short sidelocks)

And I'm fine with her design too although I hate how they made her heel boots, they went with a more rounded cute toed boots rather than more pointed mature looking ones. Also instead of giving Christie that one scrapped outfit, they should have gave it to Nico as an alternate one.
Well that's the first I've heard that the pointy center bang thing meant cutesy/moe or that hair styles locked in specific personalities. Nico's bangs look like something pretty common in anime and Hinata has straight bangs and she is nothing like Nyo.

Baji Breakdancer

Still kind of baffled at people calling a cartoony Japanese animated game “anime” as if this was a new development.

Like, Ryu Hayabusa dresses like a cartoon ninja with a mask and sword to a martial arts tournament for adults and it’s a woman with blue hair that breaks the bank?

Macca Beam

set 1 looks too much like fetishized waitress attire with a tacked-on lab coat, set 2 with different sleeves and no cape might've turned out decent (especially for something called "technomancer")
in any case, all of those look anime as hell (both head and body). if you showed that to me before the announcement, i'd just pass it off as something from the FotM battle academy/idol show or moege

isn't it also a pretty known fact that anime hair tends to be spiky? the "you can only find this hairstyle in anime" kind, not the "if you put a normal hairstyle on an anime character it becomes anime" kind. i'm sure you can find that bob cut (sans the color) everywhere in the real world over the other one
now you could say the very specific combination of blue hair over one eye (yes, the break blow bang) was riding a recent trend and you'd be right, but otherwise...

now let's see where else i've seen short hair that spikes outward like that (aside from Sinon up there, thanks for posting her lol)

picture for ants.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD