Official DOA6 Costume Thread

Chapstick

Do they realize they're going to gain absolutely nothing from this? The only sensible explanation besides "KT is being greedy" is if Sony didn't like the sheer amount of DOA5 DLC bloating up the PS Store so they said no for DOA6.
But the asia region PS4 players can still buy them individually. Unless it was specifically the western branches of psn saying no

Xhominid The Demon Within

Just shared by someone in another forum:

image0-14.jpg

Welp...
It's slowly setting in that I won't stay as long with DOA6 as I thought/hoped I would. I won't let myself be bullied into buying overpriced season passes or costume sets with content in them that I don't want.
I won't participate in costume contests (excitedly discussing them and actually designing my own costumes) anymore either, I guess. Why should I do that for DLC that I won't be buying anyway?
This is really disappointing... :(

Oh... that is definitely a major mis-step... and it's only for the NA and EU PSN Store? This honestly makes no sense, why exactly just these 2 areas that they are not allowed to do singular costumes?
This is what honestly leave me flabbergasted:
Xbox One is able to buy costumes individually... and so can Japanese and the other region PSN... but not NA or EU PSN and just those places.
And the fact that they can't discuss why makes has me pondering even more if this has alot more reasons than "KT wants more NA and EU money" because I can't believe for a fact that they are that stupid to not allow to be bought individually only for 2 territories when JPN is just as much wanting to buy DLC outfits as well.

Sometimes the simple answer... just doesn't look that simple anymore.

Ripped it from the Subred. We have our answer now lol

nbjcm4yfupn21.png

KT Japan making the Sony and PC individual sales Asia only.... For whaaaaaaaat purpose? Lmfao to hurt their own profit?

So KT Japan is screwing KT America and Europe... WHY!?! This doesn't even make sense! I'm honestly 100% convinced that Koei Tecmo is trying to kill Dead or Alive at this point and there's too much evidence of it linking it to it.

Yikes they're handling this so poorly, so will the KoF DLC not be sold separately as well? It's already dumb how we can't buy phase 4 rn

Apparently the KoF DLC will be sold separately... the last time I saw it.

@NewWestFan It's honestly undeniable at this point, this is virtually a hitjob, plain and simple, to potentially cripple the game in the West and possibly make it JP exclusive from now on and I can't even joke about how scummy that shit is.

It would make some sense if no one could buy costumes separately... but apparently ONLY the NA and EU PSN users cannot buy the costumes separately which makes it so suspect, it begins to make less and less sense that this was some random decision made from nothing.
This is fucking deliberate as a motherfucker and considering Koei Tecmo planned on killing DOA since Dimensions before it became a bigger success than they thought, I'm not surprised if this is the end result they want from the start.

This is sheer negligence from KTJP.

Jadeinchains

It's annoying but I'm going to give them time on this for now, Right now at least for me personally there's no dlc out that I really want ( besides Lisa's deluxe outfit but that isn't on the stuff yet/same with Phase 4 ) However when Vol 2 of the wedding dlc comes out If by then there's still no word from KT/TN about the dlc becoming available individually then I'll be more annoyed since I know I'll most likely want Lisa's outfit from it.

You know that age old saying "If it ain't broke, Don't fix it"? They need to remember that saying, DoA5's dlc worked so well for 5+ years, And it was available in sets and individually. They just need to follow that same formula.

It's annoying but I'm going to give them time on this for now, Right now at least for me personally there's no dlc out that I really want ( besides Lisa's deluxe outfit but that isn't on the stuff yet/same with Phase 4 ) However when Vol 2 of the wedding dlc comes out If by then there's still no word from KT/TN about the dlc becoming available individually then I'll be more annoyed since I know I'll most likely want Lisa's outfit from it.

You know that age old saying "If it ain't broke, Don't fix it"? They need to remember that saying, DoA5's dlc worked so well for 5+ years, And it was available in sets and individually. They just need to follow that same formula.

But here's what is pissing me off about this:
KT America and Europe knows about this, but that response from the latter email gives off an air that even THEY are baffled at why KT Japan doesn't want America or Europe to have individual DLC options. This is reaching Capcom levels of gross negligence and there's absolutely no reason why this is happening past nefarious reasons. It would make sense if ALL regions had no individual options since it would be greed, plain and simple... but it's not. Japan and the Asian PSN SPECIFICALLY has individual costumes and the Xbox One has it for all areas... but PSN for America and Europe DOESN'T.

It's hard to not to call this what it is and yeah, I shouldn't be jumping on the gun about this either but this seriously makes no fucking sense past gross negligence on KT Japan's part with KT America and Europe going to be suffering the brunt of it all with nothing they can do.

zoo

Oh before I forget. Gotta pour one out tonight for the KT employee that dropped the "Japan-Side" bomb to the person in that screenshot.

Because you know. They just got let go.
LOL they really pulled a "wow that's crazy we don't know her"

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD