Official DOA6 Costume Thread

Brute

Standard Donor
Capcom is on a roll. Koei Tecmo is not. (I don't know the English opposite of "on a roll").
Funny enough, I was just saying this over DMs.

Capcom and Team Ninja are probably my favorite two developers (primarily due to Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden, respectively). But when one starts to peak, the other nosedives. Then when the other starts to get their act together, the other one plummets.

It's bizarre, but the universe doesn't want both of my favorite devs to be releasing good products at the same time.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Yeah, SFV is not doing well. But at least their MHW, RE2make, and DMC5 does.

This is beginning to remind me way too much of Capcom's blunder with their Fighting Game Division:
-SFV is literally on it's last legs because they keep gimping FM with no real reason to, added in ads that's supposed to help supplement the amount lost... but it's done in such laughable amounts that it makes no difference(it's as bad as DOA6's costume patterns at launch... except FM is also used for Fighting Chance, which is LEGIT LOOTBOXES for a chance to get outfits only gotten from that) and them not even addressing if anything is even happening with this season of SFV and only hyping people up to then let them down and this isn't even talking about it's god awful launch.

-Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite was nothing but issues from start to finish. Marvel/Disney took so much control that it came out like a legit horror story in terms of how they wanted the Marvel characters to be seen, played and how they came off. And the game itself was just ugh... and the gameplay, it's sole redeeming point, couldn't save dick else.

-And you even have Street Fighter x Tekken in the past.

It's amazing how Koei Tecmo is trying to kill their sole fighting game franchise with these boneheaded decisions and with this too? Come on, I want to like you Koei Tecmo annd support you regardless, don't fucking do shit like this damn.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Funny enough, I was just saying this over DMs.

Capcom and Team Ninja are probably my favorite two developers (primarily due to Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden, respectively). But when one starts to peak, the other nosedives. Then when the other starts to get their act together, the other one plummets.

It's bizarre, but the universe doesn't want both of my favorite devs to be releasing good products at the same time.
So are we calling what's happening with DOA6 (Which is still a good game all things considered, it's just throwing up on itself right now and needs to be cleaned up) a KT failing or a TN failing? Because at this point it tastes bad either way.

Xhominid The Demon Within

So are we calling what's happening with DOA6 (Which is still a good game all things considered, it's just throwing up on itself right now and needs to be cleaned up) a KT failing or a TN failing? Because at this point it tastes bad either way.

I say it's both, but it's definitely coming more on KT Failing more than TN Failing at this point.
And I do still love DOA6 and I want to support it, but they just need to fucking STOP and get their heads out of their asses.
It's like they don't care that if DOA6 just bombs and dies, that people will flock to Ni-Oh 2 and not just feel like they aren't going to try the same bullshit like this. This type of shit cripples developers and it's like KT doesn't even understand that.

Brute

Standard Donor
Maybe they just have their priorities in different areas. They don't subjectively value the same things you do.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Just shared by someone in another forum:

image0-14.jpg

Welp...
It's slowly setting in that I won't stay as long with DOA6 as I thought/hoped I would. I won't let myself be bullied into buying overpriced season passes or costume sets with content in them that I don't want.
I won't participate in costume contests (excitedly discussing them and actually designing my own costumes) anymore either, I guess. Why should I do that for DLC that I won't be buying anyway?
This is really disappointing... :(
Welp l0l

Jadeinchains

Them only being in sets is quite annoying and I hope KT will change their minds on it but for now the game has only been out for like 3 weeks so it's still early days right now. Who knows, KT could come out and go "okay here they are individually" , Things could change.

Dr PaC

Well...this dlc news and how watching how KT are handling things is certainly depressing to say the least. Can we bring this up to Manny so he can let TN know how bad this is to the community and the game? Or is this just a lost cause? I don’t want this game to go the way of MvC:I

Dionysus

I had an increasingly sinking feeling as everyone kept saying it would be added (without evidence) and now here we are. Honestly I'm more perplexed than anything, it's just such a bizarre decision. Are there really that many more 'whales' in the West, and on PS4 specifically?

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I had an increasingly sinking feeling as everyone kept saying it would be added (without evidence) and now here we are. Honestly I'm more perplexed than anything, it's just such a bizarre decision. Are there really that many more 'whales' in the West, and on PS4 specifically?
The answer is no. Either they incorrectly assumed this would carry in the west or they made this decision deliberately. In the case of the deliberation I have been thinking all night and trying to figure out why/how but I cant come up with anything logical or financially angled. It just seems like such a random and ill intended call. Either they want DOA to fail or they are making a not so subtle jab at the west in general.

werewolfgold

Why is this game being held together with duct tape and shoestrings? lol

It's not core gameplay issues. But, they've been stacking the inconveniences up like it's a pancake-eating contest. This one can't even be a the-game-was-rushed problem like it's been 80% of the time. It's just them doing stupid stuff on purpose.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
If they’re gonna continue to deliberately screw customers for no reason, I’m going to move to MortalKombat. The fact that they’re treating long time fans and customers like me and many other people like this is such a scummy thing to do. Idk why they even came up with this decision, they’re only losing more customers. I think @Xhominid The Demon Within is right, I really think KT and TN both are deliberately trying to kill the series in the west. DOA6 was a mistake, Shimbori shouldn’t have been the producer of DOA6, couldn’t they have hired someone better that actually knows how to produce? I seriously want to punch Shimbori and the people that decided to make purchasing individual costumes a region based thing. I used to love Shimbori but now I just wanna punch his guts.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
KT is set, man. You’re all bitching that you can’t buy the DLC the way you want. Why would they possibly change that? Some will still bite anyway and cost of development is insanely low. I’ll buy gameplay DLC and that’s it so I have no skin in the game but this is amusing.

Xbox players likely have proven they won’t buy bundles and Sony and PC the opposite. That or it’s a platform restriction on item count for the respective store. Regardless it isn’t changing and this is proof they’ll be pumping out absurd amounts of costume DLC. Go ahead and feed the machine. And TN likely has very little say in the release department. This is all the publisher.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
KT is set, man. You’re all bitching that you can’t buy the DLC the way you want. Why would they possibly change that? Some will still bite anyway and cost of development is insanely low. I’ll buy gameplay DLC and that’s it so I have no skin in the game but this is amusing.

Xbox players likely have proven they won’t buy bundles and Sony and PC the opposite. That or it’s a platform restriction on item count for the respective store. Regardless it isn’t changing and this is proof they’ll be pumping out absurd amounts of costume DLC. Go ahead and feed the machine. And TN likely has very little say in the release department. This is all the publisher.
i blame the SEE I BOUGHT $500 OF DLC LAST TIME people on twitter.
These are both accurate I believe. I'm certainly not done with DOA or DOA6. I hate this practice. I loathe it. But it isn't going to stop me from appreciating DOA for what it is even if KT wants to treat it like a cash cow. I'm going to focus my efforts on getting better with Lisa, and I'm going to focus my attention on the gameplay department, and lobbies when they come out. Mai is right around the corner and so is another KoF character and since I fucked up went ahead and bought Season Pass 1 on launch I'm looking forward to those two. I'm still positive it's going to be a great fun year of DOA and I'm looking forward to the growth of this game. Just... Fuck the NA/EU DLC situation. That's rough.

Those of you who are interested in continuing to play DOA and have a want to support your characters with individual DLC:

Make a CN PSN account now not later.
Get CN Core fighters (It's english translated).
Get a digital PSN card code off of PlayAsia.
Buy the characters you actually want to play.
Individual DLC can be handled the same way.

UpSideDownGRUNT

No thanks, I'd rather not unlock everything again even with the easier system.

I'll just not buy DLC only characters or DLC that's has more than 2 costumes I like I guess. Buying a full pack for 2-3 costumes is just ludicrous.

Onryoki

Standard Donor

We have the right to bitch when we’re forced to buy $20-$30 packs simply for one or 2 costumes don’t ya think? Just because you don’t buy DLC does not mean we don’t and are displeased by something like this. If costumes weren’t available a piece and it went for everybody people would complain less, but the fact it’s system and region bound is what’s pissing people off.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD