Official DOA6 Costume Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Famitsu just released Rachel's near full costume pics without the cluster like the trailer had

y_5ddc017b65f84.jpg
y_5ddc017c0dac2.jpg
y_5ddc017c7eee1.jpg

y_5ddc017b360f5.jpg

y_5ddc017c63dc7.jpg

Unless TN is making this exclusive to Rachel this is what we're getting next month. It's basically the cheap seaside swimsuits lined with fur and mistletoe with ribbons and a Santa hat xD

EnglishBastard

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
rachel as a pirate is awesome! i think everyone looks good in the pirate dlc actually, it's ironic that most people don't like fighting in forbidden fortune, the one stage that really sells the costume. at least seaside eden and lost paradise also go well with it.

rachel and momiji are not guest characters, in this essay i will...
...spill the tea (i've been following the rpdr subreddit, sorry) about doa5u & ng. one of the video game franchises that doa5u helped promote was ng3:re released 2012/2013. when it (doa5u) launched team ninja showed players how easy it was for them to blend ng and doa together by integrating outfits, characters and stages seamlessly into the fighting game:

-as the main character of ng, it made sense for most of hayabusa's gear to be taken from the series (C1,2,3,4,6,8,11,14) and since ayane was playable in ng she had costumes from there too, her C8 and C9:

hayabusa (all costumes)

ayane (all costumes)

-ng series characters, rachel and momiji were included with solid movesets based on their ng gameplay:
rachel (0:48)
momiji (0:37)

-the stages from ng featured in doa:
-sky city tokyo
View attachment 29805

-desert wasteland (2:02)

-aircraft carrier (24:32)

when yaiba:ngz was in the works, a 'cheeky' little skit was added at the end of the tropical sexy dlc trailer to create awareness about this upcoming ng. this trailer was also foreshadowing to momiji later being playable in the highly anticipated public-relations nightmare, doax3.

tropical sexy dlc
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I35MORjJxYQ

momiji reveal doax3
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KK-53WoGDZs

with all this ng content packed into doa, you'd think team ninja was fixing to assimilate rachel and momiji and turn them into bona fide doa characters by the end of the product's life cycle but as more costume and stage dlc promoting kt and other game franchises were added into the game though, the ng content seemed to lower in sentimental value because it became clear that it was all just surface level decoration. furthermore no one interacted with rachel and momiji in the story and no major/minor events took place in or around the ng stages either. the universes may have been the same for both franchises but rachel and momiji made no meaningful contributions to either series' storylines during their time as playable characters in doa5. then again, from the start, their character profiles were basic and indicated that they weren't planning on doing anything interesting even if they were part of the story anyway:

rachel's bio (doa5u)
View attachment 29808

momiji's bio (doa5u)
View attachment 29806

doa6 changed all of this though. while rachel, momiji and the ng stages were all gone when the new entry in the series launched, kasumi, hayabusa and ayane had costumes from ng. then dataming was used by fans(?) to confirm that rachel and momiji were going to come back at some point. fast forward to now. rachel will be playable soon and momiji has been released for awhile. they aren't ng characters or guest characters, they're part of the doa franchise now because (without giving away any spoilers) momiji finally does something in story mode and wasn't promoting anything ng related when she was announced/released.

PSYCHE! gotcha there didn't i? team ninja's actually celebrating the 15th anniversary of the modern edition of the ng series and using momiji to create awareness about this and drive consumer demand of some kind.

her character profile does hint that she's after a certain female character though:

momiji's bio (doa6)
View attachment 29807

DOUBLE PSYCHE! gotcha again.
it's the same info.
word for word.
from 2013.

the level of clownery that team ninja is pulling with doa6 is becoming iconic at this point. the only reason i looked into this was because i'm a momiji super fan. at one point i was hounding doatec-official for details about when they'd release her in their tweets (not my proudest moment). she made me interested in the ng games when i saw her in doa5u. the violence there makes me uncomfortable but cutting bad guys and evil monsters in half is fun.

anyway, in conclusion, the video game term for a character like rachel/momiji is: character who gets included in all of the game's outfit dlc like they originated from the franchise but contribute nothing to the plot like a guest character. kinda long but just use the abbreviation, cwgiiaotgodltoftfbcnttplagc, when you're texting/typing.

-sources: wikipedia, doa official websites, youtube channels
I still see Rachel and Momiji as guests tbh but I feel since DOA and NG are confirmed to be in the same universe and because they're in the samr IP/Company that is KT/TN, they have the freedom to treat them as if they're DOA girls and give them dlc like they did Naotora in 5LR.

And yeah I don't think they'll ever have a real plot other than to fight in the tournament which itself is probably not canon since Momiji is leagues more formidable than the normal characters with her ninjustsu and jumps and fire. Rachel would also be way out of place so my general conclusion is that they're just what ifs xD

Jadeinchains

I do feel like at this point with DOA and NG being so interconnected and them being in the same universe etc with Rachel and Momiji appearing in multiple DOA games now they are definitely on a different level than guest characters like Kula and Mai, Even if they are technically guests from the NG series they are on a level where they are now essentially DOA girls in spirit.

Anyway I'm hoping that Rachel will have some good default outfits to start with, I'd obviously like if she had an actual new outfit as one of her defaults but if not then I'd like her classics like the white tanktop and shorts and the business style look.

P2p1mbs

All this constant talk of Rachel and Momiji being guests yet no one ever calls Ayane or Kasumi guests when they showed up in Ninja Gaiden :rolleyes:.

And even if she isn't playable, Irene showed up in DOA Dimensions story mode. Does that make her a guest?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well I think Ayane and Kasumi are guests in NG, I don't think anyone ever talks about them since NG isn't really discussed like that as of recently in the forums xD and Irene I consider her making a guest appearance in the story mode but I didn't pay much attention to her anyway, like how Ridley and Samus make their guest appearance on the geothermal power plant stage

RetroMe91

I’m actually disappointed that Rachel doesn’t have a bunny costume. The bunny costumes are much cuter than either swimsuit and her sundress tbh. In fact, I wish they would have given her her hot summer swimsuit over either of these lame ones they are giving her. Though it’s probably just a ploy to sell them later.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD