Official DOA6 Costume Thread

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I'm a bit disappointed that Rachel doesn't get a more sensible default outfit. She probably needed one more than any other girl. One of the benefits of being DLC...
It’s literally her default costume, what did you expect? Her to get a redesign? She is and stays a guest.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm a bit disappointed that Rachel doesn't get a more sensible default outfit. She probably needed one more than any other girl. One of the benefits of being DLC...

Sensible default outfit? Benefits of being DLC? What?

I can't imagine Rachel having another default nor do I want to.

@Onryoki "guests" are excluded from getting new outfits. Official DOA characters aren't.

Cabecote

I was replaying story mode and I noticed Phase-4 has a black ribbon ponytail, so do I have to buy C4 to unlock it? I only bought C6 (white recolor) cuz it's the only version I like of it

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I was replaying story mode and I noticed Phase-4 has a black ribbon ponytail, so do I have to buy C4 to unlock it? I only bought C6 (white recolor) cuz it's the only version I like of it
The ribbon isn't available at to purchase unless you mod it into the game on PC

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
"guests" are excluded from getting new outfits. Official DOA characters aren't.

Well to be exact, Ninja Gaiden character. There is a lot more leeaway and easier on contract for Rachel to obtain outfits in general since it's a character made by TN from another game under KT, it's not an official DOA character (of course until they officially make her canon to DOA at some point, then maybe). Not sure why that needs to be explained, even Matt will tell you that but yeah.

inb4 someone says "Well what about Hayabusa then huh! he's a NG character so wtf you talkin about" Hayabusa was a different case where he was needed to spearhead the operation for DOA's success in the past, and because the operation was a success they allowed him to stay and made him canon (you can literally ask Itagaki on FB), otherwise Hayabusa players would of had no choice but to play a non-memorable random ninja named Kamui/Karasu that was a scrapped character from the DOA history book of character creations.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Well to be exact, Ninja Gaiden character. There is a lot more leeaway and easier on contract for Rachel to obtain outfits in general since it's a character made by TN from another game under KT, it's not an official DOA character (of course until they officially make her canon to DOA at some point, then maybe). Not sure why that needs to be explained, even Matt will tell you that but yeah.

inb4 someone says "Well what about Hayabusa then huh! he's a NG character so wtf you talkin about" Hayabusa was a different case where he was needed to spearhead the operation for DOA's success in the past, and because the operation was a success they allowed him to stay and made him canon (you can literally ask Itagaki on FB), otherwise Hayabusa players would of had no choice but to play a non-memorable random ninja named Kamui/Karasu from the DOA history book of character creations.

It would be interesting to see what a contract would look like or why there would even be a need for one.

The other game is not just another game but connected to the DOA universe through Hayabusa alone.

Arguing that they are guests is a much different situation imo, but I think it's pretty obvious Momiji and Rachel will not miss the launch boat for the next game.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It would be interesting to see what a contract would look like or why there would even be a need for one.

The other game is not just another game but connected to the DOA universe through Hayabusa alone.

Arguing that they are guests is a much different situation imo, but I think it's pretty obvious Momiji and Rachel will not miss the launch boat for the next game.

Momiji and Rachel is actually very similar to Capcom's Final Fight characters (Cody, Guy, and Haggar). They usually appear in a general Street Fighter almost every time despite having no true involvement to the SF plot, and most of their stories were non-canon or for humor. It's the exact same thing with NG in that regard. In short, they were not treated as true SF characters but they were very very street fighter-like.

P2p1mbs

Full looks at the new costumes (I didn't know these came out this week, I wasn't paying much attention to the announcement):

c014_01.jpg

c014_02.jpg

c014_03.jpg

c014_04.jpg

c014_05.jpg

c014_06.jpg

c014_07.jpg

c014_08.jpg

c014_09.jpg

c014_10.jpg

c014_11.jpg

c014_12.jpg

c014_13.jpg

c014_14.jpg

c014_15.jpg

c014_16.jpg

^I'm getting Christie and Tina's just for their hair...

EnglishBastard

(i think team ninja is stalking me, I start lifting dumbells for the first time in my life and suddenly they announce a dumbbell pack lmao)

These are very nice, I noticed that they have THE MUSCLE on some of the outfits! Exquisite and interesting! And the dumbbells are 6kg! Good golly, sometimes on rough days I can barely hold my cup of tea! And Hitomi without a headband is very odd to see!
(nyotengu's is 1018kg! nerf her!)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Not if the spandex/material is tight and secure enough and in DOA it doesn't have to make sense since most of what goes on wouldn't work irl, I mean it is a game where somehow a punch to the face will make tight ponytails come undone and lose half of its length and make shirts rip completely off xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah since Rachel has the santa bikini in her debut set and the other girls don't have it yet, so that's what we're getting unless only she's getting the bikini and the other girls are getting something else which wouldn't add up

Brute

Standard Donor
So can we fully expect a "Sexy Santa" set in a few weeks right
Probably, but TBF, the Mai/Kula packs came with maid/nurse outfits and we won't be getting both of those at least with the current DLC roadmap, so who knows?

Reactions: zoo

RetroMe91

Probably, but TBF, the Mai/Kula packs came with maid/nurse outfits and we won't be getting both of those at least with the current DLC roadmap, so who knows?
The maids and nurses will likely be part of their “revival” series, so probably January and February. I am now fully expecting to see the Santa Dresses and Santa Suits for the full cast as the revival in December. The Santa Bikinis are definitely part of the season pass lineup in December. I mean the season pass dlc lists that there are 18 costumes in that, which is every girl minus Rachel, Kula, and Mai, so...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD