So theres a 4chan (I know) rumor. Thoughts?

TOBMAST3R

My guess is, that they could lock "story relevant" characters behind a paywall (DLC), to make people "move" to buy it. To sell a Season Pass or something like this successfully, it needs a fan-favorite or some character(s), that have a high status.

And cancel that story thing. Some characters do have their story but are not a part of the main thing. So - even Ayane could be a DLC character. At least, count with a character, that was not DLC before.

DyByHands

My guess is, that they could lock "story relevant" characters behind a paywall (DLC), to make people "move" to buy it. To sell a Season Pass or something like this successfully, it needs a fan-favorite or some character(s), that have a high status.
This is what I figure will happen and kind of fear it. The average players won’t be in a rush to buy Leon or Ein both because they aren’t super popular and because they are males, lol. So I would think they would use more popular females. I wouldn’t mind if it were newer ones like Nyotengu or Momiji but if it were actually main characters like Tina, there would be meltdowns.

BXRXSXTX

If ayane raidou and marie will be revealed at tgs a i will believe this list
A lot of video game leaks are real in the sense that they are from an email or conversation inside the company somewhere. But in interviews on DOA6 he keeps saying he doesn't know the full release roster etc. They definitely change plans a lot, for example based on fan feedback. Point is any leak could be details that change anyway even if the early part of it is right.

Keylay

This is pretty much my guess as well… though given that Brad's VA recently died, they might omit him from the launch roster unless they recorded all his new lines already. I'd assume getting a new VA and re-recording everything is more costly and he's not that popular, or relevant. Also if they safe his moveset, they can slap it on a chick as DLC (Tengu says hi!)

Makes the roster pretty female-heavy, but not much they can do… they simply do not have enough dudes lol

I think expecting 24-26 chars at launch is realistic… they can't afford to have less than DoA5 and they'll get massive flak for any female they omit/sell as DLC… so the NG girls are the safest cuts. I think Phase will be gone permanently, if they need her for the story, they can just make a Kasumi costume where they change the teleport effect and intro/outro.

Phase 4 is probably the easiest character for them to implement so I don't see her being removed. They already have her model from Kasumi and they can just grab her animations from DOA5. And they can re-use Kasumi's breaker blow and fatal rush combo. Plus she was mentioned so much during the DOA5 story and she was shown at the end of the game.

If they do have a season pass, they would need to add popular characters. I don't really see Leon and Ein selling as well although Ein seems to be a bit more popular than other characters judging by character points in the DOA5 (PS4) online rankings. It's not the most accurate way to judge popularity but based on it, the characters in order with the least to most numbers are Akira, Bass, Leon, Gen Fu, Baymen, Raidou, Jacky, Pai, Mai, Eliot, Sarah, Brad Wong, Ein, Zack, Rachel, Lisa, Naotora, Lei-Fang, Nyotengu, Helena, Alpha 152, Kokoro, Rig, Mila, Jan Lee, Tina, Phase 4, Momiji, Christie, Hayate, Honoka, Marie Rose, Hitomi, Hayabusa, Ayane then Kasumi.

Ideally, I believe DOA6 should at least have everyone that was in DOA5 vanilla plus the two new characters and Phase 4 as the boss. I'd like to see Rachel in the roster as well because she fits the more serious theme of the game compared to most of the females. I could see them replacing some old fighters with newer fighters. Make a new male with Ein's old moves along with some new moves then they could sell him as a new fighter in a DLC pack. I think if had a similar look then he could appease the old fans of Ein. Although Ein does seem a bit more popular than I thought so I would probably change a less popular fighter. Bass seems like he was based off of Hulk Hogan who was popular at the time but maybe making a new character similar to The Rock or John Cena with Bass' moves might be more popular. Leon still seems too similar to Baymen to me. Their fighting styles have been becoming more different since DOA2, but their personality, look and size is similar. I think they should change Leon a little bit. Maybe a DOATEC experiment that made him into something like the Hulk or how Marduk might be Gigas in Tekken 7. This is the only way I could see paying for old characters as DLC. They would have to be re-worked into new characters.

Unless they are planning on making some bigger changes to gameplay or to characters, I don't see why can't add in most of the DOA characters. DOA5 is on the current gen consoles. Casual fighting game fans will probably notice that DOA6 looks better but if it's not too different, they might just stick with DOA5 or not notice it. Plus there are so many fighting games out there now. So DOA6 can't use the bad press.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I honestly do not get why people want Donovan as a fighter. It’s like you people want this game to follow the lore of the live action movie.

Donovan is a very rich man and money is power. He doesn’t have to fight because he can start and fund any project that involves creating weapons. He can hire as many henchmen/women as he wants. I never really seen Donovan as a fighter, nor do I want him to be. Some characters are better left of as background characters like Shiden, Ayame and Irene.

As for the direction of the story I want the game to go into a more ninja clan war direction with other clans like the black spider ninja clan for example.

Also that list is fake, I do believe the new female’s name is Sun Hwa and that Raidou, Ayane, Marie and Honoka are teased at TGS though.

DyByHands

I honestly do not get why people want Donovan as a fighter. It’s like you people want this game to follow the lore of the live action movie.

Donovan is a very rich man and money is power. He doesn’t have to fight because he can start and fund any project that involves creating weapons. He can hire as many henchmen/women as he wants. I never really seen Donovan as a fighter, nor do I want him to be. Some characters are better left of as background characters like Shiden, Ayame and Irene.

As for the direction of the story I want the game to go into a more ninja clan war direction with other clans like the black spider ninja clan for example.

Also that list is fake, I do believe the new female’s name is Sun Hwa and that Raidou, Ayane, Marie and Honoka are teased at TGS though.
While I agree with your comments on Donovan, for the most part. I would have him playable. TN has already set the precedent for playable Bosses and side characters. Like Shiden was playable in Dimensions. And its not like people want Mei Ling or whatever (Gen Fus granddaughter) to be playable. Donovan could actually be a cool character. And for what its worth, Ive never seen and will never see the DOA movie. That looked gross.
And if whoever created this rumor gets the name Sun Hwa right, just as a random guess, then they have some crazy luck.

HHH816

if donavan go out of the shadows, very high chances to be killed by the ninjas. so who’s going to be the bad guy in 7.

Raansu

Also - if that leak list was really true, Rachel and Momiji are not spotlighted in DOA6 Vanilla. Man, that would be a bummer for me...

I think its more than likely they wont be in vanilla regardless. Pretty positive we're just going to get the core roster and maybe 1 more new character announced. I don't really see many, if any of the U characters being in vanilla. Honoka and Marie are super popular so they probably will be in at launch.

Alpha
Leon
Ein
Nyotengu
Phase-4
Raidou
Rachael
Momiji

I personally don't see those being in vanilla, especially given Shimbori saying they have a limited budget and the roster will be smaller. Lisa is a toss up story wise, as well as phase-4, but otherwise that's what I think will be the ones cut.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
While I agree with your comments on Donovan, for the most part. I would have him playable. TN has already set the precedent for playable Bosses and side characters. Like Shiden was playable in Dimensions. And its not like people want Mei Ling or whatever (Gen Fus granddaughter) to be playable. Donovan could actually be a cool character. And for what its worth, Ive never seen and will never see the DOA movie. That looked gross.
And if whoever created this rumor gets the name Sun Hwa right, just as a random guess, then they have some crazy luck.

I wouldn't bite the bait with the posts. So far only one person provided an actual reasoning, the rest are usually hopping on the trend lol. Better to have it die out.

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

TINA BEING DLC AND NOT BASE GAME?!?! GTFO FAKE ASS POST LMAO.

It's bad enough she's the only DOA1 girl not in DOAXVV but now she will also be excluded in the base release :(. Since they did say only about half of the roster has been revealed so far, I REALLY hope at least she isn't demoted to DLC. I can (kinda) live with Rachel being DLC but not Tina. I may just give up in this series for disappointing me too many times if she is...

Ethan

It's bad enough she's the only DOA1 girl not in DOAXVV but now she will also be excluded in the base release :(. Since they did say only about half of the roster has been revealed so far, I REALLY hope at least she isn't demoted to DLC. I can (kinda) live with Rachel being DLC but not Tina. I may just give up in this series for disappointing me too many times if she is...
The only reason she wasn't in DOAX3 is because it was Japan vote only. In the rest of the world however she is VERY popular. And this post is 95% fake. Because putting Tina and Kokoro as DLC would destroy their own fanbase. Tina has been there since the first title there is NO way she would be DLC. And if there was that small chance she was DLC I will never support their series again.

Number 13

Baseless rumor list is baseless, but let me play devils advocate.

- Characters that were in the base game before being demoted to dlc is hardly an argument against this list. Look at Tekken, Soul Calibur, and SF in recent years. Hell TN already in a way did this before in DoA with Xtreme 3 as they didn't hesitate to cut several series vets from the game so I wouldn't put too much stock that veteran characters that aren't the main ninjas would get a slot locked for launch.

- dlc roadmaps can already be planned for a game not even released yet, DoA of all games would be natural ready for dlc roadmaps after 5

- Dev and producers are surprisingly human. Humans lie. Humans can lie or tell half truths regarding game development questions. Mori has done it several times in Blazeblue, Harada a few times in Tekken if we are talking just fighters. Always the possibility they will say something to either throw off potential bad press to buy time or whatever.

That said 95% sure this list is horse shit, but reason not 100% is because I seen stanger leaks get confirmed off anonymous sites so just gonna wait

DyByHands

That said 95% sure this list is horse shit,
While I get what you are saying, by default a lot of it would borderline have to be true.
Most of the main cast will return? Yes. We know this.
DLC characters? Sure. They are already prepping this in interviews, “all may not make it in by launch.”
Firefly stage? Yeah. KT twitter has already teased that.
Most of the list isn’t too crazy or really reaching. Its just a few bits, like the new characters and the schedule of reveals & DLC.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
While I get what you are saying, by default a lot of it would borderline have to be true.
Most of the main cast will return? Yes. We know this.
DLC characters? Sure. They are already prepping this in interviews, “all may not make it in by launch.”
Firefly stage? Yeah. KT twitter has already teased that.
Most of the list isn’t too crazy or really reaching. Its just a few bits, like the new characters and the schedule of reveals & DLC.
Making Gen-Fu and Leon launch roster but throwing Tina into DLC is absolutely ludicrous.

KwonJigglypuff

So the leak is true ? False ?

Ayane and Marie were shown. Raidou was not.
Honoka too but she was supposed to be preorder.
And Bayman appears too soon based on the list.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD