So who IS satisfied with their characters?

RoboJoe

I'm still shaking off 6 months of rust and learning my character, but so far I really like his buffs enough that I don't care about his nerfs.

214PP - this move is great. completely safe, can be feinted, very long range, good stun, wall splats. The downside is it removed the old 214P which I needed to trigger the falling beam danger zone on lower scramble after hitting the car dangerzone.

6P+K - causes sliding stun now for a guaranteed 214PP. I'll miss the crumple stun though because you could get a free back turned hit.

K - went from -1 to +4 on normal hit. Still guaranteed off air throw, but now leaving him in complete control after it all while avoiding wake up kicks. You can even beat 9f jabbers with the newly sped up 4PP or 4PPP for a sliding stun into 214PP. Gen Fu's pressure is amazing now after K and I'm trying to get better at incorporating it into my game more.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think you can do 236T, 44P+K, 44P now on ceilings, which makes Gen Fu very powerful on Home and Temple of the Dragon.

I really like how he plays now. Plus no one can bitch about him anymore, he lost nearly all his safety, so I doubt he'll be nerfed much from where he is. Things are looking good for Gen Fu mains.

DR2K

I'm discovering all these new juggles with Helena. Haven't had time to sit down with Lisa or Christie yet. I love this version of Helena so far.

AkaShocka

Well. Lisa's nerf didn't actually DESTROY her, she's still playable. So I won't drop her any time soon. I am going to jump into Jacky as well :p

Saber

I'm actually VERY satisfied with Hitomi. She could've been nerfed even harder, but the buffs she's been given is amazing to make her somewhat viable.

Now for 6T, her punch parry and her low kick hold to be viable..

UpSideDownGRUNT

Hayabusa: Izunas buffs, NG3RE costume (best one he has) some nifty new tools I'm very satisfied with him I just need to get used to the new stuff and I'm golden.

Ein: pretty much same old Ein I did notice that he has 1 or 2 new attacks but I may have just forgotten that he had them :S all in all pretty satisfied with Ein

Momiji is also awesome once I finally get her moves down I'll be playing her alot

Hayate: not as awesome as DoA3 Hayate but he's close! one the best iteratons of Hayate to date

Hitomi: very satisfied with what she has.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am more than satisfied with Tina so far. The game feels great, and the changes made make Tina feel a hell of a lot more like her 3.1 self. Some overall changes here and there, but for the most part superior to her 3.1 counterpart!

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Leifang - Still maining. She lost her 8KK (on which I don't need since 8K is used as a launcher alot), lost her ability to guard break with 1P+K and 6H+K, and 6H+K doesn't bounce on normal hit. However, she has a mid K option for her unshu and she still has her viable tools.

Ein - Definitely maining. Need to see what his strengths and weaknesses are.

Tenryuga

I am satisfied with my characters. I am the most content with Ein because I feel this is the perfect character for me due to his tools and playstyles.

synce

Just to add Lisa's new bt OH makes up for all the small nerfs she got.

She's still kinda fun but her nerfs aren't exactly small... It's impossible to do her two best combos now, and they nerfed 3 of her main attacks.

David Gregg

Almost satisfied with Eliot I guess you could say. Wouldn't go as far as to say he's better off in Ultimate as his nerfs were pretty big but he's not as hopeless as I originally thought and like DontForkWitMe said the combo possibilities as of right now haven't even been completely mapped out yet and his mixup game is going in the right direction. :)

DontForkWitMe which guarantees are you getting off of H+K? I can get 9K to connect and launch most of the time but not always.

DR2K

She's still kinda fun but her nerfs aren't exactly small... It's impossible to do her two best combos now, and they nerfed 3 of her main attacks.

1P still retains it most important properties. (Crush and ducks standing ohs)

Her bt Oh covers more area than her 9k. i think it's a great spacing tool. Reminds me of Ayane BT oh throw from DOA4.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I'm actually liking 5U Ayane a lot more than Vanilla Ayane. P4P is something she was missing, and it's such a delicious move. She's actually better in this than she was in Vanilla. But, I'm always content with Ayane's tools because she's generally always solid and very good. Plus her purple hair is a reason why she's always been high tier or higher (Dun deny t3h purp mang). Never going to drop her even if she received a different play design.

CharacterLoyalty4Lyfe. <3

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD