Soul Calibur Thread

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Hayate Ein used the same approach I used in this thread to guess which characters will make the cut in S2:

He thinks that they will be Hwang, Setsuka and Hilde.

Also, this week fighting tuesday ranbat:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Would be nice if my reads with Geralt's Yrden were rewarded properly. I activate it and one of two things seem to happen: I activated it "too late" and get knocked out of the startup or I activate it and the opponent is one hair out of range of being impacted. IMO the active frames on the thing should be sooner or only cost a quarter bar to use it then cost another quarter when it is successful because I am so goddamn tired of losing half a bar of meter for making good reads and getting stuffed on all of them.
Same deal with verticals. They step mine, can't step theirs. Seriously wtf.

And Geralt needs more/easier Lethal Hit conditions. Dear God, at least make one when the opponent is outside of Soul Charge as easy to do as just about any other characters. His 22/88 A is a joke, 1AB require opponent to have 2 Bars and is only guaranteed on Counter, and his 1B buildup conditions are just silly and very unrewarding for the effort you put into building it up. A whiff punish LH would be nice, I only ever see Lethal Hits when the opponent is in SC and most opponents will only use meter for CE.

Ranting, don't mind me. I want to think I'm decent at the game but it just seems like I can't do anything right even when I am doing everything right.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Geralt's "new move" is a property change. Unless I'm missing something and that 66B followup only looks like it's the B followup.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Yep, both Geralt and 2B aren't doing new moves in that tailer. It's either they didn't get permission to work in new animations or it's just too hard to get permission due licences and they prefer to just add new properties.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor

Jyu_Viole_Grace

YES! I hope that Project Soul implements it into SCVI in Season 2! Frame data is very important for 3D fighters in the modern era, and there is no excuse to exclude it. Charging for the frame data though is kinda LOL however (hope I'm wrong...), but still a step in the right direction for Namco.

Yep and more when its hard to find a fully updated frame database for this game.

I know Cass frames but only due because she is the last character in the last patch.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD