Soul Calibur Thread

Derock

Super curious how Haohmaru is going to be. He also has a fireball/projectile-ish move called Senpuu Retsuzan which summons a medium sized twister at his opponents. It doesn't look like SC is super heavy on projectiles I guess, so they'd probably convert it into something else entirely. If anything, Haohmaru might just be completely remade from scratch to fit Soul Calibur despite how very fitting.

They probably make him similar to what BN did with Tekken 7 for Akuma and Geese. With the Rage Meter included. I'm not sure if the Weapon Flipping/losing weapons mechanic will be included though. If that's the case if they do bring that in for Season 2, Project Soul will be bringing back a very old mechanic from Soul Edge/Blade that was thrown away when Soul Calibur 1 came out.

Brute

Standard Donor
Super curious how Haohmaru is going to be. He also has a fireball/projectile-ish move called Senpuu Retsuzan which summons a medium sized twister at his opponents. It doesn't look like SC is super heavy on projectiles I guess, so they'd probably convert it into something else entirely. If anything, Haohmaru might just be completely remade from scratch to fit Soul Calibur despite how very fitting.
Well, Cassandra can toss her shield Captain America style, and Cervantes straight up shoots people with a gun from across the screen.
I could see Hao's projectiles making it in pretty much unchanged.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Don't forget Ezio in SC5. He had what, 3 projectiles? Hidden Gun unblockable and a high and low crossbow I think. Maybe he had one more as part of a string, I forget.
And Ivy is pretty much a walking projectile anyway.
Haohmaru's projectile will probably just deal minor chip damage on block and have medium speed. Given how easy it is to just avoid a ton of stuff just by walking it should be a non-problem.

Yurlungur

Right right, but what I was asking is if it's a stage solely for the character it's based on or is it "any" stage?

it will probably be one more specific for the character like akuma getting his sf3 stage, geese getting his fatal fury stage ect.

What?

SCII had different GI levels, and it worked much better than SCVI, which only has one.

sc6 has different gi level based on the strength of the attack, lol. The more seeable an attack being gi'ed the less frames of advantage you get and ect.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Hopefully they do, my sister tried out Cassandra yesterday and I had to warn her several times that certain attacks make your guard gauge go down and she didn't seem to happy with that xD

Well, that shouldn't be a problem if guard system would work properly but in current meta blocking means you will get punished, just like in DB FighterZ.

Rushdown characters will always block more that big weapon characters and zoners so that means they will get guard crushed more often since Project Soul got the great idea two or three patch ago to make guard crush more easily.

The other problem for rushdown characters is soul charge. SC does push back, something that rushdown characters don't want but something that big weapon and zoners love, so this mechanic by it self benefecits more to that kind of characters. You can't punish it either so once big weapon characters or zoners use Soul Charge against you ... good luck, because you will have to block and we already know what that means in this game.

What is even funnier is that characters like Talim and Taki have unique sidesteps but these ones have more startup that Siegfried's vertical sidestep stance. Project Soul thought that giving to an already well rounded character better tools that to characters with obvious weak points was a great idea.

The game is funny to play but it's really obvious what kind of characters and meta they want to push no matter what and that reminds me to FighterZ balance policy where doesn't matter that certain characters are always in the top 8 due this game mechanics nature.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I think they do, so it becomes a less shitty company. More companies and game communities need people like Kayane.

Bamco treated this game like a "whatever" situation, if the game was succesful maybe they would think about supporting it a bit but if not then they would kill the franchise for who knows how many years, just like with SC V (and that game didn't even release all their promised DLC sets).

They didn't officially promote SC VI in tournaments, they didn't even recognized the game with their "e-sports" twitter account. You could saw they promoting both Tekken 7 and DB Fighterz in the same tournaments that SC VI was being played and at the same time they were ignoring the game.

We had to ask Bamco directly to at least promoting this game tournaments ... and they didn't do it until really recently.

Kayane will do what Bamco should do, cheering and putting the community together.

Even if the community is strongly supporting your game that's no reason for releasing it and just looking aside. If this game is getting a season 2 is thanks to the community and Project Soul, because they proved to Bamco that people love Soul Calibur even if they give the team a fraction of Tekken budget.

LarsMasters

Who would have thought that Patroklos have his aunt’s mouth? That similar Super move quotes & “holy warrior” stuff

Sometimes I’ve been thinking Haohmaru’s English voice ended up look like BlazBlue’s Bang Shishigami.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

There are some theories about the three remaining season 2 characters that are interesting

Several months ago Project Soul added some characters keynames to the game: stone, yell, star, snow, reptile and yellow. This was after Amy release if I'm not wrong.

Stone could be related to Rock, star to Algol (it's Perseus constellation name), snow to Setsuka due how her name is writen in Japanese, reptile to Lizardman, yellow to Hwang due how his name is writen and yell ... no idea to be honest.

At that moment we didn't know if would be a season 2 but now after the official announcement, I guess these four season 2 characters are among these keynames.

EBPWyHmUYAAXZCN.jpg

If we look at the season 2 picture, we can see colours and Soul Calibur / Soul Edge as background for each character.

The first one is yellow and Soul Calibur which could fit with Hwang due it's name and he being a "good" character. The second one, Haohmaru, is red and Soul Edge, which could mean that if he has soul chronicle chapter he could be an "antagonist" in some way. The third one is pink and Soul Calibur and the last one is grey and Soul Edge.

The first one aside is hard to relate all other spots to these keynames but some people think that Haohmaru could be star due being the guest character (because would be way to soon to add Algol to the story).

The last spot being grey could be Rock (stone) but ... having Soul Edge would be off since he always was a nice guy. Due this people think that spot could be Lizardman (reptile) because he also fits being related to Soul Edge (Nightmare team).

The pink one is the hard one to guess. We could guess that he/her has to be related to Soul Calibur and if we asume the other three are right (Hwang/yellow, Lizardman/reptile and Haohmaru as star) that would leave us stone (Rock), snow (Setsuka) and yell (???).

Both Rock and Setsuka aren't villains in Soul Calibur story but the pink color doesn't fit with them and yell is a mystery for me.

We also have the official Soul Calibur 2015 popularity poll to guess which characters can be there:

1. Talim - 862
2. Taki - 720
3. Mitsurugi - 594
4. Ivy - 536
5. Kilik - 536
6. Siegfried - 500
7. Nightmare - 498
8. Zasalamel - 471
9. Yoshimitsu - 454
10. Tira - 438
11. Sophitia - 378
12. Cassandra - 339
13. Amy - 311
14. Yun-seong - 295
15. Seong Mi-na - 291
16. Cervantes - 268
17. Voldo - 259
18. Xianghua - 257
19. Raphael - 254
20. Setsuka - 214
21. Viola - 201
22. Maxi - 199
23. Hwang - 193
24. Hilde - 154
25. Astaroth - 142
26. Z.W.E.I. - 113
27. Natsu - 100
28. Pyrrha - 98
29. Xiba - 81
30. Lizardman - 76
31. Rock - 71
32. Li Long - 65
33. Algol - 59
34. Dampierre - 54
35. Aeon - 52
36. Pyrrha Omega - 45
37. Patroklos - 32
38. Alpha Patroklos - 30
39. Soul Edge - 30
40. Leixia - 28
41. Abyss - 27
42. Charade - 27
43. Olcadan - 26
44. Elysium - 23
45. Edge Master - 15

It had over 10k votes and both Bamco and Project Soul said the would use it as feedback for future Soul Calibur games.

If we look at Tira, Amy and Cassandra, they make sense as the first season pass characters. So if this time we also follow this logic Yun Seong, Setsuka, Viola, Hilde, Hwang, Hilde, Z.W.E.I. and Natsu are the remaining characters that are above 100 votes and aren't still in the game.

I don't think they will add SC V characters due what that game means to the franchise so Yun Seong, Setsuka, Hilde and Hwang are the remaining ones that are somewhat popular.

Both Lizardmand and Aeon are under 100 votes so even if Lizardman appears in the story mode and has an unique style that you can't use (axe and the classic ducking stance) maybe the team think he wouldn't sell enough as DLC character.

In other hand Yun Seong is more popular than Hwang but even if he is named in the story mode, Hwang has an artwork (two in fact if we also count his "Assassin" persona) done, just like Cassandra and Amy.

So after all this info I'm somewhat sure about Hwang being the first one. If I have to guess the other two I think even if the trailer background doesn't fit both Hilde and Setsuka could make the cut due being very popular and the last one could be Lizardman due being already in the story mode but who knows. If I have to bet I would go to: Hwang, Setsuka and Lizardman.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
There are some theories about the three remaining season 2 characters that are interesting

Several months ago Project Soul added some characters keynames to the game: stone, yell, star, snow, reptile and yellow. This was after Amy release if I'm not wrong.

Stone could be related to Rock, star to Algol (it's Perseus constellation name), snow to Setsuka due how her name is writen in Japanese, reptile to Lizardman, yellow to Hwang due how his name is writen and yell ... no idea to be honest.

At that moment we didn't know if would be a season 2 but now after the official announcement, I guess these four season 2 characters are among these keynames.

View attachment 29061

If we look at the season 2 picture, we can see colours and Soul Calibur / Soul Edge as background for each character.

The first one is yellow and Soul Calibur which could fit with Hwang due it's name and he being a "good" character. The second one, Haohmaru, is red and Soul Edge, which could mean that if he has soul chronicle chapter he could be an "antagonist" in some way. The third one is pink and Soul Calibur and the last one is grey and Soul Edge.

The first one aside is hard to relate all other spots to these keynames but some people think that Haohmaru could be star due being the guest character (because would be way to soon to add Algol to the story).

The last spot being grey could be Rock (stone) but ... having Soul Edge would be off since he always was a nice guy. Due this people think that spot could be Lizardman (reptile) because he also fits being related to Soul Edge (Nightmare team).

The pink one is the hard one to guess. We could guess that he/her has to be related to Soul Calibur and if we asume the other three are right (Hwang/yellow, Lizardman/reptile and Haohmaru as star) that would leave us stone (Rock), snow (Setsuka) and yell (???).

Both Rock and Setsuka aren't villains in Soul Calibur story but the pink color doesn't fit with them and yell is a mystery for me.

We also have the official Soul Calibur 2015 popularity poll to guess which characters can be there:

1. Talim - 862
2. Taki - 720
3. Mitsurugi - 594
4. Ivy - 536
5. Kilik - 536
6. Siegfried - 500
7. Nightmare - 498
8. Zasalamel - 471
9. Yoshimitsu - 454
10. Tira - 438
11. Sophitia - 378
12. Cassandra - 339
13. Amy - 311
14. Yun-seong - 295
15. Seong Mi-na - 291
16. Cervantes - 268
17. Voldo - 259
18. Xianghua - 257
19. Raphael - 254
20. Setsuka - 214
21. Viola - 201
22. Maxi - 199
23. Hwang - 193
24. Hilde - 154
25. Astaroth - 142
26. Z.W.E.I. - 113
27. Natsu - 100
28. Pyrrha - 98
29. Xiba - 81
30. Lizardman - 76
31. Rock - 71
32. Li Long - 65
33. Algol - 59
34. Dampierre - 54
35. Aeon - 52
36. Pyrrha Omega - 45
37. Patroklos - 32
38. Alpha Patroklos - 30
39. Soul Edge - 30
40. Leixia - 28
41. Abyss - 27
42. Charade - 27
43. Olcadan - 26
44. Elysium - 23
45. Edge Master - 15

It had over 10k votes and both Bamco and Project Soul said the would use it as feedback for future Soul Calibur games.

If we look at Tira, Amy and Cassandra, they make sense as the first season pass characters. So if this time we also follow this logic Yun Seong, Setsuka, Viola, Hilde, Hwang, Hilde, Z.W.E.I. and Natsu are the remaining characters that are above 100 votes and aren't still in the game.

I don't think they will add SC V characters due what that game means to the franchise so Yun Seong, Setsuka, Hilde and Hwang are the remaining ones that are somewhat popular.

Both Lizardmand and Aeon are under 100 votes so even if Lizardman appears in the story mode and has an unique style that you can't use (axe and the classic ducking stance) maybe the team think he wouldn't sell enough as DLC character.

In other hand Yun Seong is more popular than Hwang but even if he is named in the story mode, Hwang has an artwork (two in fact if we also count his "Assassin" persona) done, just like Cassandra and Amy.

So after all this info I'm somewhat sure about Hwang being the first one. If I have to guess the other two I think even if the trailer background doesn't fit both Hilde and Setsuka could make the cut due being very popular and the last one could be Lizardman due being already in the story mode but who knows. If I have to bet I would go to: Hwang, Setsuka and Lizardman.
Actually pink could fit setsuka since her robes are predominantly pink so I think it could be her, yellow could be lizardman if they give his skin a different color again but I'm not sure

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Yun Seong & Setsuka are likely next. Would like to see Hwang, but Yun Seong outvoted him fairly heavily.

I also concur that Algol should not touch SCVI. We already have one dumb boss character, we don't need 2 (or 3 if you count Inferno).

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD