Soul Calibur Thread

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I have been playing with Cassandra these days and ... bye bye Taki. Finally a full rushdown character that can face big weapon characters and zoners, scaring them with good punishers, good low attacks, high damage and some good zoning tools.

If they fix Taki in season 2 maybe I would think coming back to her ... unless they add my character, Hilde.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

A summary of the S2 discussion stream from Mr. Blue Sky on the TSSB Discord:

All characters, except Inferno, will be getting a couple new moves.

There will be at least two brand new stages. One of them will be Haohmaru's stage, and the other is in the works. There will also be variants of existing stages.

There will be 8 pieces of DLC - 4 characters and 4 CaS packages - that will have paired releases.

Season 2 is currently in planning & development, not testing & tuning. They have a schedule in mind, but unforeseen issues may delay things, so it's going to be "a while" for season 2 to release.

The Reversal Edge changes are designed to keep the pace of the game flowing.

They don't want to make the unblockable/break attack GI too strong.

Season 2 was only confirmed very recently. They weren't even sure they would be able to announce it for EVO, but SNK encouraged them.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I really hope the other stage is money pit or Valentine mansion. In fact both stages should be already in the game since they are legacy soulca stages.

Wait, it's any SamSho stage or Haohmaru stage? because you mentioned Haohmaru stage so I thought it was implied that it's solely stages from Haohmaru ahaha.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I really hope the other stage is money pit or Valentine mansion. In fact both stages should be already in the game since they are legacy soulca stages.
I hope they bring back the Hall of the warrior god or Tower of Remembrance Ancient gate. My sister hates the Hall of the warrior god but we always fought on the Tower stage since the song is epic xD

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I hope they bring back the Hall of the warrior god or Tower of Remembrance Ancient gate. My sister hates the Hall of the warrior god but we always fought on the Tower stage since the song is epic xD

Those were some good stages too. If it's "any" SamSho stages, I'd like to see how they did those as well in a 3D layer.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Wait, it's any SamSho stage or Haohmaru stage? because you mentioned Haohmaru stage so I thought it was implied that it's solely stages from Haohmaru ahaha.

They want to add two fully new stages for season 2 aside alt versions of existing ones. One of them would be a Samurai Spirits stage (like NieR and Witcher collabs also have their respective stages) and the second one would be a Soul Calibur stage.

In the story mode we can see several locations from SC I & II era that still aren't playable stages so I would like the second one being one of these.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
They want to add two fully new stages for season 2 aside alt versions of existing ones. One of them would be a Samurai Spirits stage (like NieR and Witcher collabs also have their respective stages) and the second one would be a Soul Calibur stage.

In the story mode we can see several locations from SC I & II era that still aren't playable stages so I would like the second one being one of these.

Right right, but what I was asking is if it's a stage solely for the character it's based on or is it "any" stage?

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Right right, but what I was asking is if it's a stage solely for the character it's based on or is it "any" stage?

Okubo said Haohmaru stage so I guess that's Gairyu Isle but as he said, the season 2 is still being planned so anything can change.

They didn't get the green light for season 2 until recently so everything asides what they officially showed in the trailer (3 SC characters, Haohmaru, 4 CaS sets, two alt stage versions, revamp mechanics and new attacks) is still what they want to do (Haohmaru stage, one more new stage, more alt stages).

Onryoki

Standard Donor
For all the people calling Cassandra thick. A skinny white girl with big tits and a big ass isn’t thick, this is thick lmao.
1ADEAEC3-9889-41D0-BFE8-5F45522DB28B.jpeg

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

JAG THE GEMINI

Fair enough. Majority of Top 8 did involve pretty abusive characters. SCVI got rid of Algol & Viola and replaced them with Azwel, along with making characters like Ivy, or Siegfried more annoying. Yeah, I really wish that Project Soul just remixed SCII's gameplay in SCVI, because I do admit that every new gameplay mechanical feature in SCVI irritates me. I don't know why game companies feel the need to muck things up like that.
Albeit the season 2 announcement, my interest for the game is gone
Way to many mechanics thrown into one game.. Of which I even hate some(reversal edge destroys the games pacing, different GI-levels are absurd, lethal hit and even soul charge change the flow of SCVI)
In the past, SoulCalibur was my favourite fighting game franchise.. now all my hope lies in SCVI sesson 2 :(

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Super curious how Haohmaru is going to be. He also has a fireball/projectile-ish move called Senpuu Retsuzan which summons a medium sized twister at his opponents. It doesn't look like SC is super heavy on projectiles I guess, so they'd probably convert it into something else entirely. If anything, Haohmaru might just be completely remade from scratch to fit Soul Calibur despite how very fitting.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD