Soul Calibur Thread

Brute

Standard Donor
Starting character roster likely to be "just" 20 characters strong.
Some characters that are almost guaranteed to return:
Siegfried/Nightmare
Ivy
Voldo
Taki
Kilik
Xianghua

Some characters that are likely to return:
Maxi/Li Long
Astaroth/Rock
Yun-seong/Hwang
Raphael/Amy
Yoshimitsu

Some characters I very much hope return:
Seong Mi-na
Lizard Man
Cassandra

Shiranui

The game looks beautiful. How many polys a mesh has doesn't determinates how good or bad the game looks. There are other things to consider like characters' design, lighting, effects, motion, physics, etc. You are judjing the look of the game for a close up screenshot where you can clearly see mesh's polygons, and from my point of view that's missjudjing it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Someone over on Resetera filled in characters that are very likely going to be in (on which I pretty much agree)...doesn't look good for many others though since there are not many spots left anymore:

c3I8qhx.jpg

Time to say good bye to Yunseong, I guess. :(

gamemaster14

Would be cool to have much older pre Calibur characters like Li Long, but I highly doubt that, Atleast he was a fully featured character in Soul Calibur III Arcade Edition.

I really do hope Seong Mina makes her return as she was one of the original characters from back in the day. Never liked her stupid overeating replacement in SCV.

Would be cool if they included Arthur even if he was just a bonus character like Soul Calibur III on Ps2.

Someone mentioning "Dead or Alive with Weapons" made me think, wouldn't it be cool to have Kasumi, Ayane and Ryu as guest characters, with weapons?

My Babenapes

I'm generally unsympathetic to arguments that devolve to "lackluster shit is okay because there's even more lackluster shit." It's predicated on the assumption that I'm positively disposed to the other lackluster shit when I rarely am.

I’m really hoping SC6 ends up being great, but there’s something about the gameplay trailers that scream “look how flashy and fun this game is”, which is usually a bad sign. If you can’t “WOW” your customers with amazing combat, that’s when the flashy stuff comes in.

Jadeinchains

Thanks for the screenshots, and yeah the character predictions so far are pretty sure what I'm expecting. Was expecting more than 20 characters though but I guess If they are going for an original SC feel it makes sense, Ivy my fave is obviously in and then I feel like Amy has some kind of chance of getting in.

Might be kinda strange? But I'm not totally sure how I feel about the character and stage select menu right now lol. :p Maybe it's just cause they are new and it will take getting used to the new look over SC4 and 5's.

From the looks of things we may only get one or two new characters then, We know ( possible girl ) rival of Kilik character. Also I wonder if this game will receive more and longer support than SC5 did?

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Starting character roster likely to be "just" 20 characters strong. Here a screen from the character select:

DRUN6OtUMAAKbaj.jpg:orig

At least two of these spots will be new characters I guess. Damn...I worry a little for Yunseong, who made place 14 in the popularity poll. :/ But they left him out in SC5 without any replacement, so the might feel they have to include him now again, right? :/

And here's the first, real, uninterrupted gameplay:

Here's another video, including the character select, which looks quite nice...

Last but not least, a Switch version is for now not in the works:

DRUX0xDUIAAu_RF.jpg:orig

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/18/soulc...want-to-realise-the-feel-good-factor-7167281/
RIP Switch fans l0l

human013

I can see everyone in that image being in except Zasalamel and Talim. I never saw them as core characters. Their playstyle makes them likely to be in?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Thanks for the screenshots, and yeah the character predictions so far are pretty sure what I'm expecting. Was expecting more than 20 characters though but I guess If they are going for an original SC feel it makes sense, Ivy my fave is obviously in and then I feel like Amy has some kind of chance of getting in.

Might be kinda strange? But I'm not totally sure how I feel about the character and stage select menu right now lol. :p Maybe it's just cause they are new and it will take getting used to the new look over SC4 and 5's.

From the looks of things we may only get one or two new characters then, We know ( possible girl ) rival of Kilik character. Also I wonder if this game will receive more and longer support than SC5 did?

The UI in general and the character select screen are the only things that I actually really like about the presentation of the game. XD

The fact that the initial character roster is relatively small and there are so many more fan favorites left out, leads me to believe that they will, similarly to Street Fighter V or Injustice 2, provide character DLC for some time. Maybe a couple of years even.

RIP Switch fans l0l

I can see everyone in that image being in except Zasalamel and Talim. I never saw them as core characters. Their playstyle makes them likely to be in?

Talim is hugely popular though...and the developers acknowledged that they are aware of that. She will be in 110%.

Jadeinchains

The UI in general and the character select screen are the only things that I actually really like about the presentation of the game. XD

The fact that the initial character roster is relatively small and there are so many more fan favorites left out, leads me to believe that they will, similarly to Street Fighter V or Injustice 2, provide character DLC for some time. Maybe a couple of years even.

Talim is hugely popular though...and the developers acknowledged that they are aware of that. She will be in 110%.

Yeah I was thinking similar thing when I saw that it is only going to be 20 characters at launch, I wouldn't be surprised ( and would be happy ) to see the game supported for years with multiple characters and other things ( like stages maybe and outfits ) being added over the years. It would definitely be a good way of supporting the game and also adding in more characters.

And yeah lol actually, :p I'm sure your happy to see that the switch won't be getting a version. :p

Yeah also Talim is 100% getting added to this game, After the amount of polls they've done and how much people have been asking for her she's definitely popular so I am really expecting her to be in the game.

Jackie Chan Fan

It doesn't look like DOA. DOA has very polished character models, already in DOA5. Here I can literally count the polygons used in the polygon mesh. The base character model (not the costume) is exactly the one from SC4, which is 10 years old.

sophtia04_20171121_1513341449.jpg

I mean Sophitia is created beautiful and “developed” enough that she doesn’t look ugly.

Team Ninja is still the best in creating beautiful women errr characters.

Jadeinchains

I was actually wondering where on that character select screen is the custom soul option? Maybe they haven't added that part yet. Also I'll definitely be posting my custom souls here on this thread once the game comes out now that it will be so much easier to do than It was back on the xbox 360 etc.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD