Soul Calibur Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I tried 2B, she's beautiful and seems fun to use but I can't see myself using her, she's not at all my style and is way more complex and "looser" than what I would prefer, way too many options and seems too gimmicky and extra. I think I'll just wait for Amy to be revealed xD

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
DuqZZ30WwAAGA_b.jpg

Radiance

Im not even gonna pretend to be fascinated with this character. Can they just give us more shit for customization mode and announce the next character who hopefully is original. Until then im a Cervantes loyalist

d3v

She has a command dash and command dash cancels (on top of guaranteed air combos), we in there!

EDIT:
Her basic mid-level mixup game should seem familiar enough for anyone who's played Sophie and abused her Angel Step mixups. Do any string that goes into her command dash (she has more than Sophie), then either go for the B for the low into launch, do A or K which give you mids, or just throw. The advantage she has is that she can command dash cancel backwards, allowing you to bait out stuff if you know they're gonna try to punish the dash. This should be good enough to get you by in the lower ranks, before having to start using some of the other bits in her kit.

Last edited:

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
Fun little video I decided to make. Some of the stuff here is impractical and more for show. Having a lot of fun with her. There is so much stuff she can throw out, its crazy. They really went all out on her moveset.

Derock

https://www.reddit.com/r/SoulCalibur/comments/a9zylu
We have insights of upcoming patch 1.1.1!

Mina's getting more buffs in close range. Nightmare is getting more hammering from the nerf. Ranking matchmaking will get updates. Also the first CAS pack will come around mid-end of January, which includes items from previous games. We're getting music DLC (Soul Calibur 1 music is already on disc) and certain items will be free.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
https://www.reddit.com/r/SoulCalibur/comments/a9zylu
We have insights of upcoming patch 1.1.1!

Mina's getting more buffs in close range. Nightmare is getting more hammering from the nerf. Ranking matchmaking will get updates. Also the first CAS pack will come around mid-end of January, which includes items from previous games. We're getting music DLC (Soul Calibur 1 music is already on disc) and certain items will be free.
I'm glad Mi-Na's close up game will be improved.

Derock

I'm glad Mi-Na's close up game will be improved.

I know. Even though I heavily disliked majority of her move set since SC3 (personally they should had kept her cartwheels/"she-fu ness" attacks and took them out of Kilik because he really doesn't need them), I'm glad she is now liable here and her long range attacks are ridiculously strong. Oh, @Project Bokuho, thanks for her combo video months back.

Brute

Standard Donor
What buffs did he get? I know Seong Mi-na got buffed to OD status but I haven't heard anything about Zas
Biggest buff, IMHO, is that Zasalamel's 6AA not only has improved tracking, but also grants more frame advantage on guard. Since SC is annoying and obfuscates it's frame data I'm not sure the exact number, but it seems to be enough that you get priority on your fast mix-ups against all characters (3AK, 4B, etc). Speaking of 3AK that also got buffed, giving more advantage on hit and is even safer on guard (I don't think it's punishable by anyone). Allegedly his 88B got reworked to make it land more often, but it still misses for me on occassion.

Brute

Standard Donor
Well, TBF, at the rate they've been going, one year of support will barely include the content already promised in the season pass.

It's been like 4 months and all we've gotten is Day 1 DLC and a shitty guest character that makes the game worse. I need a Cassandra, Lizard-Man or Yun-seong, stat!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD