DOA6 Tamaki Revealed for Dead or Alive 6

The new Venus Vacation character for Dead or Alive 6 has been revealed to be Tamaki today during a developer stream for DOAX:VV. This is interesting news for the community whether you are a fan of the volleyball game or not considering players could be introduced to a completely new fighting style or a returning move set mapped to this new character. A commentary for the reveal stream is available at Free Step Dodge's YouTube, but with no gameplay to be shown there was very little to talk about outside of Tamaki being invited to Dead or Alive 6.

1.20 has launched with much controversy surrounding the infinite micro-transaction loop of changing the color of your character's hair-style, so a solid reveal of this character may not fix every salty heart, but it could be a step in the right direction for gameplay - especially if this character is wrapped in a brilliant update that is even bigger than 1.19. Even though there was no gameplay shown today we watched the stream anyway and will remain dedicated to the communities time regardless of the treacherous waters we must cross to get our news & updates.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response. By the way, when I was checking the Japanese boards to see what they think of the hair thing, I also saw them discussing her possible moves. It seems they're split pretty cleanly between:
A) She's going to use Naotora's moves
B) She'll have another new, but simple and overpowered beginner moveset like Nico

@Dionysus - sorry if my likes are annoying you, you're just posting too well, so it's your fault :p

But wow, they brought up Naotora too, huh? I honestly thought that would be a long shot, but hey, seems like they're noticing the laziness streak lately too. Honestly, I don't know if I should even call it laziness anymore, maybe it has to do with TN's hands being tied so they just do what they gotta do. I wish we could get a TN staff to do an annoymous interview with identity maskign and voice distortion and everything. Anyways, I actually wouldn't be surprised if they literally bring Naotora back as Naotora later this year.

I don't buy that she'll do drunken boxing at all though. She seems to handle her alcohol well unlike Brad. I still think she'll be a grappler.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response. By the way, when I was checking the Japanese boards to see what they think of the hair thing, I also saw them discussing her possible moves. It seems they're split pretty cleanly between:
A) She's going to use Naotora's moves
B) She'll have another new, but simple and overpowered beginner moveset like Nico

I wonder what people think of a new take on Brad Wong. People say that she has a serious drinking problem. I don't have her in my Venus Vacation yet so I don't know her whole scoop.

I really dislike Brad Wong, to the point I'd rather a recycled Naotora than a variation on him. But yeah that was not a common suggestion. Personally I feel like she'll actually be strike based and any groping will be in holds, but that's just a wild guess.

I really dislike Brad Wong, to the point I'd rather a recycled Naotora than a variation on him. But yeah that was not a common suggestion. Personally I feel like she'll actually be strike based and any groping will be in holds, but that's just a wild guess.

I think Naotora elements will pop in like those absurd effects that feel like something out of Tekken to make her clumsy animation less off-putting and cute & colorful to casuals.

I just hope her gameplay is unique and refreshing change that's all I ask.

I don't want a previously existing moveset given to her lol, that would be pure laziness.

Either I need to put some eye drops, slap my monitor a few times, and/or squint. Is it me or does Tamaki look like a Nico reskin?

I myself look forward to seeing what Tamaki offers. The mainstream press is continuing to apply pressure to KT's marketing tactics. Push Square blasted Team NINJA for going back on their word for making the game for a more mature audience.

Too bad their article isn't about the more pressing issue at hand about KT treating fans like shit, we could use more of that, imo. The changing tone or style of the DoA series is more of a divisive issue, imo, that not every fan or gamer in general agrees on. I see just as many people outside the site saying "DoA6 is where it's at because they tried to pander to people who were never their fans to begin with" just as much as "huh, where's the toning down? I thought DoA was going to change". At this point everyone sees what they want to see as long as it gives them a reason to shit on the series, when the truth is probably somewhere in the middle, that DoA6 tried to (weakly) go both directions at the same time rather than pick a lane, pleasing no one.

Last edited:
I've seen the comparison screenshot, and have to say that I feel the camera is rotated differently. Not saying there weren't model changes, but pretty funny that people are focusing on the lack of butt when more of her left boob is protruding from behind her arm... so if her butt got smaller, it could have went to her breasts.

But I really don't care about it, just want to see how the character plays.

Anyone have a guess on when she will be available?

Two weeks.

TN does seem to aim for alternating between end of month (20th or past it) and mid-month (as close to the 15th as possible). I would expect Tamaki around the 15th since the last patch was late in the month. I'm more interested in whether we see any more... substantive information on her before then.

I've seen the comparison screenshot, and have to say that I feel the camera is rotated differently. Not saying there weren't model changes, but pretty funny that people are focusing on the lack of butt when more of her left boob is protruding from behind her arm... so if her butt got smaller, it could have went to her breasts.

Here, made this to show my point.

tamaki.gif

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD