Team Ninja is their own worst enemy.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Line by line.

I think Rig is getting over mroe than Diego due to his gameplay though.

Rig gameplay is fine, just like all other female characters but people don't like these characters due their designs and there's why Rig design is also a quota cliche for people that just like "bad boys".

He has not character development in all DOA 6 story mode. Not internal fight, not past. He is just a toy with a remote control to switch into his two modes: the bro mode or the mid boss mode, just like Buzz Lightyear.

He isn't any different from all other new DOA characters.

I like what they have done the old one was spammable.

I wanted to wait a bit more to judge if it was a right move or not but now I find the game even less fun to play.

DOA6 now just feels like a simplified DOA5 version. Movement is way slower, there's just a single and universal ssa that now cost meter, almost no stun game because they don't want to frighten new players, almost every character feels like a nerfed DOA5 version and they feel really really straight-forward ...

I think they didn't think hard enough about this game battle design.

You feel they got lazy and think they can do no wrong?

That's true. I had a blast playing DOA 2 with Hoodless and Rikuto.

Yes, I think they're just lazy and the only reason DOA6 exists is because DOA5LR DLC number sales were falling down.

They have to start thinking about DOA6 as a game and not like a service where to just push DLC microtransactions.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I think he also wouldn't like Rig and Diego since these two characters are there just to pander to the USA crowd and don't have any personality. They are as cliche as the others.

But this aside, DOA 6 gameplay isn't perfect either. The way they are dealing with the SSA mechanic and how they even have to ban stages in the world championships just shows they aren't as focused in this game battle desing as they were with DOA 5.

At least old DOA games were good looking, had a nice story (not the best, but at least it was good), good content. That's why these games were more popular and why a lot people prefer Itagaki.

Well Itagaki actually likes Mila according to his FB a while back. He didn't comment on Rig and Nyotengu however, but he does in fact despise Marie Rose and Honoka. In addition, he also was against the inclusion of Momiji and Rachel into the DOA series and wanting to keep the two games separate.

He was more of an "action-packed" man than a competitive player from how he worked. Most of Itagaki issues was merely from a competitive standpoint where he wanted to change fighting games in his own personified view and be far too different. I will say that he kinda does deliver when it came to Ninja Gaiden or even bring news about it, and probably the reason why he's no longer interested in creating fighting games when he was asked if he can make a new one under Valhalla studios, he denied it completely saying "I'm tired of it all please understand, after the Dead or Alive my spirit is there and it is my final in fighting, sorry but this is my wish". - https://www.facebook.com/tomonobu.itagaki

Now he's making mobile games so yeah, TN will have to hire better writers in general when it comes to anything story related.

Last edited:

MasterHavik

Rig gameplay is fine, just like all other female characters but people don't like these characters due their designs and there's why Rig design is also a quota cliche for people that just like "bad boys".

He has not character development in all DOA 6 story mode. Not internal fight, not past. He is just a toy with a remote control to switch into his two modes: the bro mode or the mid boss mode, just like Buzz Lightyear.

He isn't any different from all other new DOA characters.

I wanted to wait a bit more to judge if it was a right move or not but now I find the game even less fun to play.

DOA6 now just feels like a simplified DOA5 version. Movement is way slower, there's just a single and universal ssa that now cost meter, almost no stun game because they don't want to frighten new players, almost every character feels like a nerfed DOA5 version and they feel really really straight-forward ...

I think they didn't think hard enough about this game battle design.

Yes, I think they're just lazy and the only reason DOA6 exists is because DOA5LR DLC number sales were falling down.

They have to start thinking about DOA6 as a game and not like a service where to just push DLC microtransactions.
More line by line.

Yeah a lot of the new characters have no character development.

I think movement is good and the stun game is there. I don't think it went anywhere.

That's a fair point.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Well Itagaki actually likes Mila according to his FB a while back. He didn't comment on Rig and Nyotengu however, but he does in fact despise Marie Rose and Honoka. In addition, he also was against the inclusion of Momiji and Rachel into the DOA series and wanting to keep the two games separate.

He was more of an "action-packed" man than a competitive player from how he worked. Most of Itagaki issues was merely from a competitive standpoint where he wanted to change fighting games in his own personified view and be far too different. I will say that he kinda does deliver when it came to Ninja Gaiden or even bring news about it, and probably the reason why he's no longer interested in creating fighting games when he was asked if he can make a new one under Valhalla studios, he denied it completely saying "I'm tired of it all please understand, after the Dead or Alive my spirit is there and it is my final in fighting, sorry but this is my wish". - https://www.facebook.com/tomonobu.itagaki

Now he's making mobile games so yeah, TN will have to hire better writers in general when it comes to anything story related.

Well, for Itagaki female characters designs had always to pass certain "cut", so I can see how he can't like the two first DOA female characters with their own body model.

I understand why most people into the competitive scene didn't like how he also wanted to tell the battle designer what to do but for me he was really passionate about what he did and that's what's missing in DOA6, passion and love for this franchise.

When he worked in a new DOA (and Ninja Gaiden games), he had a clear direction and ideas about what to do. Team Ninja had that back in DOA5 but now ... what's their direction in DOA6? making the game easier to attract new customers? ... because that didn't work.

Last edited:

SoftCabbage

Very funny. Excuse me for necroing this thread, but I honestly am tired of every Dead Or Alive threads getting crippled down by amnesiac weaboos parroting shitty outrage sparked by their super flawless reviewers, until it's so f*cking hard to read some tech discussion about this motherf*cking fighting game.

That's right.

OP said this is asset-flip. Alright, the movesets and grunts voice-over are largely so. Sadly that's how fighting games are, including the now-suddenly-super-cool DOA5. The rest of the features are new or continuing the latest booming feat (such as breaking costumes), regardless you like it or not.

If this was an asset-flip of DOA5, then there wouldn't be complaints, because it would be the same DOA5(LR) with it's super good PS3 graphic. There are complaints because there are differences in the game, right? Be careful on using that hot ignorant term.

Not to mention there are a lot of people who want previous things to return, such as Momiji and certain DLC costumes. That means people want asset flip. Ironic.

What else?

"The game has less content than DOA5LR"

DOA5 Last Round is a work of rerelease after rerelease. DOA5 Last Round is the second rerelease of a same game if not counting DOA5+ and DOA5LR PS3 or PS4. Talking about 'bad practice' this 'bad practice' that, which something the community likes to criminalize DOA6 with, to re-release a game with random DLC and sprinkled a few new content followed by another one-way overpriced DLC sets is bad practice, dumbasses.

"DOA5 has more characters than DOA6"

Apart from Mila and Rig, who were new in DOA5 vanilla? Sarah and Akira are guests. You could lose them anytime the TN-Sega's term of agreement ends. Really shouldn't count them in.

DOA6 has 24 original characters (outside Nyo, P4, Mai, Kula). DOA5 has 21 original characters (outside Akira and Sarah).

Wanna compare DOA6 to 5U and 5LR? Read the previous point.

"DOA6 didn't have Lobby Match at launch"

You guys gamers are really overproud of quoting the virtuous idea of delay while using Shigeru Miyamoto meme. TN promised they wanted to polish it first. So go eat your own words.

"DOA6 has expensive Season Pass and costume DLC"

So were the DOA5 Vanilla and so did the Season Passes in DOA5U and LR, which you guys heavily supported up to SEASON PASS 7.

Nobody raged back then and now suddenly you reviewer-worshiping spineless twats make it seem like DOA6 started it first.

"DOA6 costume DLC is based on few same costume designs with different pattern."

Again, that's how it is been since DOA5 and that's what I used to complain. But then again it went all the way up to 7 Season Passes outside of previous DLC packs.

"DOA6 doesn't have individual purchase for costume DLC"

For western version, yes. Send your complaints to TN and/or don't buy the Season Pass at all.

"DOA6 costume DLC is bleak and boring"

Seals the point above. You don't need to buy then. Ease your shoulders.

"DOA6 has Core Fighters few days after release"

And again CF is what people want.

TN never asked you to buy the game day 1 and the game wouldn't launch itself to the moon if you didn't. If you wanted CF, you could have waited. Why buy something you don't think it's worth it?

"DOA6 Story Mode sucks"

Because everyone gets their slice in Story Mode, including DLC characters? Marie Rose, Honoka, Raidou, Nyotengu from DOA5 asked what's up.

Wrong game if you're asking for quality fiction. This is the game where every tiny disagreement is dealt with injuries.

"DOA6 toned down sexualization"

Like by how much? All I see is that these characters are still ultimately good looking and sexualized.

Besides the mistranslation mess, it's all understandable if they say all these stuff to avoid the sensitive group of people, while in fact, they are still going for sexualized characters.

"DOA6 has a few and recolor costumes"

Oh yes, because DOA5 totally never had anything like those, yeah? Never was it so few with additional recolor each.

I supposed you could be happier without recolor additions.

All of these are the after-effect of your previous support, so try not to have selective amnesia and getting outraged on something you showed support just because some f*cktard game critique who neither care with the series or play the game sparked you to.

In conclusion, the biggest enemy is the community. I'm not talking about MarieRose/Honkers or those who wish for Nipple-Cover and Cock-Sock DLC. I'm talking about a certain group of chaotic people who worship reviewers and critiques that don't know about a game and its history, sparked into outraging over something that they previously accepted and supported with a biased, bashful, oversmart attitude, causing false information to spread into even newcomers for the sake of making more people to hate DOA6.

You guys are not helping the game and series in any form with your airbag criticism and opinions that you treat yourself as truth.

If you're wondering why DOA is not being taken seriously, then please realize that you were a part of the problem then and you are a part of the problem now. And your attitude of trashing every discussion boards, including Reddit, just makes it worse.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
And how are you helping the game? Reflect on that and don't worry about how other people do it.

I also don't understand why you keep bringing up people here liking critics. Pretty sure we all hate them equally.

werewolfgold

As someone that didn't buy a single season pass for DOA5...lol. Am I qualified to speak on it? Because that's some shilling if I've ever seen it.

I don't feel like going through all of it, but I'll address some important points.

It's especially a problem that the lobbies weren't finished before release. It's not enough to just hold the lobbies back. You have to delay the whole game so that the product you release feels good as a whole for the money you're asking. Telling people to pay upfront with just a promise that things might get better at some point down the road (I'm pretty sure the lobbies got delayed again beyond the date they said they would be finished) is a horrible impression. Casual players are not going to stick around getting bodied in ranked, and lo and behold, people cleared out before the lobbies were finished.

It's not just the lobbies. How about the game crashing? How about people flying through stage boundaries during exhibitions? How about the fact that they couldn't be arsed to check the textures on the character models to make sure that they were aligned properly? How about they don't know how to paint weights causing all sorts of jank with costume clipping and detachment, and causing Hayabusa's neck to bulge out if his scarf isn't hiding it? Ooh, yeah, the game was totally ready to release. They pushed out the game so that it would come out before the end of their fiscal year and would have more profit to tout to their shareholders. And they damn near tanked the game because of it. Good job, KT.

That plus the costume part implementation, where they had to "adjust" the payout amount, and then do a big "release promotion" with 100x the payout, and then just having to keep it there showed everyone that they didn't know what they were doing. Not to mention that people could be losing up to 1000s of parts due to incompetent coding (they fixed that later). Word of mouth caught and everyone heard that this game was a rushed mess. But, you can bet they had their season pass ready to sell immediately. Also giving Western players, i.e. THE LARGEST PART OF THE PLAYERBASE, no ability to buy costumes individually while people in Asia were all green. And they thought that was going to go...well?

Oh, did I mention that the season pass also has Nyotengu's wrestling costume? Cheating anyone that bought the deluxe edition of the game? Sure, they paid another $30 to get those costumes. But, to complete the set, they're going to need to pay another $93. That's a real good look. They sure are pros at this. People sure are going to feel real good about their game.

And while discerning fans would know to expect that DOA5LR and DOA6 can't be compared directly due to LR being a 3rd re-release, the average consumer is just concerned about having fun and having bang for their buck. DOA6 doesn't fully pass the smell test. It doesn't even have team battle, let alone tag battle. Maybe they didn't have the funds to do the game properly. But if the game wasn't going to knock it out of the park, it was doomed to be an "I'll wait for the next version" type deal. TN had to have known this and did very little to head this off. By releasing the CF version late (they said they intended to release it at the same time, but couldn't), it just further made it seem like the game was more of a try-now-buy-later type deal, but they wanted to sucker in as many people as possible before they gave them that choice.

The whole thing reeks of a cynical cash grab and that they have no real direction of vision for what they want to do with DOA. They claim they want to be taken more seriously, but then they cowered and made sure you can't see Marie et. al. get punched in the face no matter what because the jailbait cute waifus must be protected at all costs. And then of course, EVO Japan happened. i'M a FiGhTeR, gAiZ. sUpEr SrS BzNs.

If they're not going to care about their own game, why should they expect anyone else to?

MasterHavik

And how are you helping the game? Reflect on that and don't worry about how other people do it.

I also don't understand why you keep bringing up people here liking critics. Pretty sure we all hate them equally.
I have given this game mroe than enough money and I plan to go to Kumtie in Texas. I am unlucky like a lot of guys in the Midwest for DOA since we gotta go far for events. I have had more luck with SC6 since I can find an event for that game nearly anywhere in the Midwest.

Very funny. Excuse me for necroing this thread, but I honestly am tired of every Dead Or Alive threads getting crippled down by amnesiac weaboos parroting shitty outrage sparked by their super flawless reviewers, until it's so f*cking hard to read some tech discussion about this motherf*cking fighting game.

That's right.

OP said this is asset-flip. Alright, the movesets and grunts voice-over are largely so. Sadly that's how fighting games are, including the now-suddenly-super-cool DOA5. The rest of the features are new or continuing the latest booming feat (such as breaking costumes), regardless you like it or not.

If this was an asset-flip of DOA5, then there wouldn't be complaints, because it would be the same DOA5(LR) with it's super good PS3 graphic. There are complaints because there are differences in the game, right? Be careful on using that hot ignorant term.

Not to mention there are a lot of people who want previous things to return, such as Momiji and certain DLC costumes. That means people want asset flip. Ironic.

What else?

"The game has less content than DOA5LR"

DOA5 Last Round is a work of rerelease after rerelease. DOA5 Last Round is the second rerelease of a same game if not counting DOA5+ and DOA5LR PS3 or PS4. Talking about 'bad practice' this 'bad practice' that, which something the community likes to criminalize DOA6 with, to re-release a game with random DLC and sprinkled a few new content followed by another one-way overpriced DLC sets is bad practice, dumbasses.

"DOA5 has more characters than DOA6"

Apart from Mila and Rig, who were new in DOA5 vanilla? Sarah and Akira are guests. You could lose them anytime the TN-Sega's term of agreement ends. Really shouldn't count them in.

DOA6 has 24 original characters (outside Nyo, P4, Mai, Kula). DOA5 has 21 original characters (outside Akira and Sarah).

Wanna compare DOA6 to 5U and 5LR? Read the previous point.

"DOA6 didn't have Lobby Match at launch"

You guys gamers are really overproud of quoting the virtuous idea of delay while using Shigeru Miyamoto meme. TN promised they wanted to polish it first. So go eat your own words.

"DOA6 has expensive Season Pass and costume DLC"

So were the DOA5 Vanilla and so did the Season Passes in DOA5U and LR, which you guys heavily supported up to SEASON PASS 7.

Nobody raged back then and now suddenly you reviewer-worshiping spineless twats make it seem like DOA6 started it first.

"DOA6 costume DLC is based on few same costume designs with different pattern."

Again, that's how it is been since DOA5 and that's what I used to complain. But then again it went all the way up to 7 Season Passes outside of previous DLC packs.

"DOA6 doesn't have individual purchase for costume DLC"

For western version, yes. Send your complaints to TN and/or don't buy the Season Pass at all.

"DOA6 costume DLC is bleak and boring"

Seals the point above. You don't need to buy then. Ease your shoulders.

"DOA6 has Core Fighters few days after release"

And again CF is what people want.

TN never asked you to buy the game day 1 and the game wouldn't launch itself to the moon if you didn't. If you wanted CF, you could have waited. Why buy something you don't think it's worth it?

"DOA6 Story Mode sucks"

Because everyone gets their slice in Story Mode, including DLC characters? Marie Rose, Honoka, Raidou, Nyotengu from DOA5 asked what's up.

Wrong game if you're asking for quality fiction. This is the game where every tiny disagreement is dealt with injuries.

"DOA6 toned down sexualization"

Like by how much? All I see is that these characters are still ultimately good looking and sexualized.

Besides the mistranslation mess, it's all understandable if they say all these stuff to avoid the sensitive group of people, while in fact, they are still going for sexualized characters.

"DOA6 has a few and recolor costumes"

Oh yes, because DOA5 totally never had anything like those, yeah? Never was it so few with additional recolor each.

I supposed you could be happier without recolor additions.

All of these are the after-effect of your previous support, so try not to have selective amnesia and getting outraged on something you showed support just because some f*cktard game critique who neither care with the series or play the game sparked you to.

In conclusion, the biggest enemy is the community. I'm not talking about MarieRose/Honkers or those who wish for Nipple-Cover and Cock-Sock DLC. I'm talking about a certain group of chaotic people who worship reviewers and critiques that don't know about a game and its history, sparked into outraging over something that they previously accepted and supported with a biased, bashful, oversmart attitude, causing false information to spread into even newcomers for the sake of making more people to hate DOA6.

You guys are not helping the game and series in any form with your airbag criticism and opinions that you treat yourself as truth.

If you're wondering why DOA is not being taken seriously, then please realize that you were a part of the problem then and you are a part of the problem now. And your attitude of trashing every discussion boards, including Reddit, just makes it worse.
Homie I have been play this series since I was 12 to 14 years old. I started with DOA 4. I actually went back and brought copies of DOA U and DOA 3 just to play them. I downloaded DOA 1 on a psone Emulator to tryout. Zack is one of my favorite fighting game characters of all time. I am still interested in this series as it has characters like Zack and Tina in them. I'm a DOA fan my dude. People like Rikuto, PL, Hoodless, DOAN, Matt, and etc know me my man. When I say something, I mean it from the heart. Shoot, I have done this for the Sonic series too. I care my man. You need to willing to call out when they do something dumb and not get blinded by fanboyism. Now let's address your other arguments.

Let me explain what I mean by an asset reflip. Asset reflip refers to models, animations, and sound effects. So yeah you can have the same sound effects, but for voice overs and such you have recorded that shit that can't just be reflip. Espeically if you got new lines for the voice actor. I mean think of a Sonic game where they just copied Ryan Drummond's voice lines and slap them into Sonic Colors. It wouldn't sound right at all and Sonic would sound different. So yeah sound can't always be reflip like an actual animation or model. You have to put mroe work into sound. Okay taking my nerd hat for a second. The reason I call it that is how the recycle a lot of win poses and lose poses from DOA 5 and some of the stages. There doesn't feel like put a lot of time into the game. You can take assets from past games and use them as base to make something new. NRS has done it in the past. A sound like RWBY, Gen:lock, and other 3D animations work from Rooster Teeth reuse a lot of assets so they are able to save tiem and money but also MAKE new things from them. So if you look up any of thsoe shows, you can see the characters look different. Like Ruby looks different than Canime from Gen:Lock.

Lastly adding someone like Momiji can be lifted from DOA 5, but they have to recorded her lines and give her new effects to her moveset as the game system is different. It isn't an asset reflip presay in the same vein as they lifted intro dialogue for Mila and Rig from DOA 5 with their same vocie actors not bothering to rerecord the dialogue. That is bad and extremely unprofessional.

I never brought up DOA 5 LR, but the base game of DOA 5 has mroe characters than DOA 6 and you do count the guest characters. Don't omit them just so you can boost your argument.

Every online game dating back to the PS2 and Xbox had lobbies. Excusing DOA 6 from this is fucking stupid and fanboyish. It is similar to the people who made excuses for Nintendo not giving the first Splatoon game voice chat.

The reason no one complain as the DLC was decently priced but it did get out of hand near the end of the game. The reason are mad here is that they are charging so much and ARE LOCKING content behind it. The prices for it are insane when other fighting games like SC6 and MK11 are offering more content at a lesser price. SC6's season pass alone has more content to offer than DOA 6 S1 season pass.

Did you play DOA 5? The dlc in DOA 5 had some copy and pastes here or there but majority of it was done from the ground up. Like look at the Halloween dlc, blazblue pack, tatsunko pack, and etc. They put effort into the DLC.

I personally don't have an issue with the Core Fighters being release that early as they made clear months ago. People just didn't listen.

Blazblue's story mode is mroe interesting and that is just stills over DOA 6's story mode. They could try better and try to explain why we should care about Honoaka, Diego, Rig, NiCO, and Marie Rose.

Just feels like they paid attention this time and a lot of the sexy costuems feels like thought went into them. For example, I love Tina and I love her base outfits. Nice mix of all the things she is as a character.

Both DOA 5 and 6 are guilty of selling recolors as DLC, but a lot of the base costumes in DOA 6 are just recolors and a way to pad out the amount of costumes are in the game. Be nice to get interesting Zack costuems and not like two or colors of the same suit.

While I don't think the community is not fulyl guilty but to only blame them and Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo is fucking stupid. They thought it was a good idea to make SSA cost meter, not the community. They thought charging 93 dollars for DOA 6 S1 was a good idea, not the community. They thought hiding things like a mint NiCO recolor costume was a nice extra reward, not the community. They have made a number of business decisions that have piss off the casuals side of their consumer base so much it is laughable.

As someone that didn't buy a single season pass for DOA5...lol. Am I qualified to speak on it? Because that's some shilling if I've ever seen it.

I don't feel like going through all of it, but I'll address some important points.

It's especially a problem that the lobbies weren't finished before release. It's not enough to just hold the lobbies back. You have to delay the whole game so that the product you release feels good as a whole for the money you're asking. Telling people to pay upfront with just a promise that things might get better at some point down the road (I'm pretty sure the lobbies got delayed again beyond the date they said they would be finished) is a horrible impression. Casual players are not going to stick around getting bodied in ranked, and lo and behold, people cleared out before the lobbies were finished.

It's not just the lobbies. How about the game crashing? How about people flying through stage boundaries during exhibitions? How about the fact that they couldn't be arsed to check the textures on the character models to make sure that they were aligned properly? How about they don't know how to paint weights causing all sorts of jank with costume clipping and detachment, and causing Hayabusa's neck to bulge out if his scarf isn't hiding it? Ooh, yeah, the game was totally ready to release. They pushed out the game so that it would come out before the end of their fiscal year and would have more profit to tout to their shareholders. And they damn near tanked the game because of it. Good job, KT.

That plus the costume part implementation, where they had to "adjust" the payout amount, and then do a big "release promotion" with 100x the payout, and then just having to keep it there showed everyone that they didn't know what they were doing. Not to mention that people could be losing up to 1000s of parts due to incompetent coding (they fixed that later). Word of mouth caught and everyone heard that this game was a rushed mess. But, you can bet they had their season pass ready to sell immediately. Also giving Western players, i.e. THE LARGEST PART OF THE PLAYERBASE, no ability to buy costumes individually while people in Asia were all green. And they thought that was going to go...well?

Oh, did I mention that the season pass also has Nyotengu's wrestling costume? Cheating anyone that bought the deluxe edition of the game? Sure, they paid another $30 to get those costumes. But, to complete the set, they're going to need to pay another $93. That's a real good look. They sure are pros at this. People sure are going to feel real good about their game.

And while discerning fans would know to expect that DOA5LR and DOA6 can't be compared directly due to LR being a 3rd re-release, the average consumer is just concerned about having fun and having bang for their buck. DOA6 doesn't fully pass the smell test. It doesn't even have team battle, let alone tag battle. Maybe they didn't have the funds to do the game properly. But if the game wasn't going to knock it out of the park, it was doomed to be an "I'll wait for the next version" type deal. TN had to have known this and did very little to head this off. By releasing the CF version late (they said they intended to release it at the same time, but couldn't), it just further made it seem like the game was more of a try-now-buy-later type deal, but they wanted to sucker in as many people as possible before they gave them that choice.

The whole thing reeks of a cynical cash grab and that they have no real direction of vision for what they want to do with DOA. They claim they want to be taken more seriously, but then they cowered and made sure you can't see Marie et. al. get punched in the face no matter what because the jailbait cute waifus must be protected at all costs. And then of course, EVO Japan happened. i'M a FiGhTeR, gAiZ. sUpEr SrS BzNs.

If they're not going to care about their own game, why should they expect anyone else to?
This...so much this

dg1995

It's sad that Team Ninja treats this franchise as a Soft Porno gaming franchise than a fighting franchise.

I really hope they bring Ninja Gaiden franchise out of this doomed DOA universe.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It's sad that Team Ninja treats this franchise as a Soft Porno gaming franchise than a fighting game.

I really hope they bring Ninja Gaiden franchise out of this doomed DOA universe.

You have Koei Tecmo to blame for that one rather than Team NINJA. It's their boss since it's a sub company under them. I mean, it's how they market the game while trying to add the fighting to cover it up mostly. Two birds with one stone. It's treated as a fighting game but the marketing is probably what made people feel that way.

Some fault could fall to TN, but KT is usually the main villain to that sort of thing. I would love to see NG return but who knows when that will be (or probably never).

Last edited:

dg1995

Some fault could fall to TN, but KT is usually the main villain to that sort of thing. I would love to see NG return but who knows when that will be (or probably never).
Even if they don't want to make Ninja Gaiden 4, they should at least remaster NG Black and 2.(And maybe Sigma 1 and 2 for those fans that prefer them over originals.)

KT already has those DOA extreme games as their soft porn games, why they want the main DOA games to compete with that ?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
KT already has those DOA extreme games as their soft porn games, why they want the main DOA games to compete with that ?

Part of that is probably more of it's consumers or people who buy the games (there's a huge chunk of them). I mean, there are even people who only buy DOAX that just have DOA fighting genre as a side thing, as well catering to a certain demographic. Mostly Japan. What Japan likes is what we get so there really isn't a choice. It's practically indoctrination but it is what it is.

It's really the marketing. If KT sees something that sells well, they'll make more out of it. Sex sells so they'll keep making more. Out of all the fighting games (particularly 3D fighters), the DOA series is the most niche out of all of them so it was no surprise.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Ninja Gaiden is dead, first because Ninja QTE 3 and then Yaiba. With Nioh sales, that's everything they care now, that and third party errands.

In other hand, I don't see how they're trying to compete with VV with this game. Worse bodies, a lightning that don't let you see anything and what you guys find soft porn is like joke costumes for a game like VV. If they are really trying to get money from people that "play" VV then they clearly don't know what that target want.

You clearly don't buy DOA6 only for the eye candy, because there isn't eye candy to be found in this entry.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
it's pretty sad how much DOAX has backfired from its original intention of "separating the fanservice" from the DOA fighting games. IMHO, DOA should've never been focused on sexuality from DOA2 onwards. It was unnecessary at that point in relation to how many unique attributes DOA2 had.

Also, to be fair, DOA6 is still the best looking DOA, and thus best looking 3D fighter at the moment (barring MK11, DOA6 is essentially the best looking FG overall in fact).

Onryoki

Standard Donor
it's pretty sad how much DOAX has backfired from its original intention of "separating the fanservice" from the DOA fighting games. IMHO, DOA should've never been focused on sexuality from DOA2 onwards. It was unnecessary at that point in relation to how many unique attributes DOA2 had.

Also, to be fair, DOA6 is still the best looking DOA, and thus best looking 3D fighter at the moment (barring MK11, DOA6 is essentially the best looking FG overall in fact).
I wouldn’t say that too loud, because Tekken is the best 3D fighter lmfao.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

The higher-ups at Koei calling the shots are TN's worst enemy.

I'm not sure, I don't think Koei has something to say when it comes to gameplay. People can blame Koei for excessive fanservice, greedy DLC policies and even average looking visuals but when it comes to gameplay it's 100% a TN thing and they weren't that bright with this game.

At the end of the day this can happen to any franchise, here the question is if both Koei and TN know what to do, at least in regards to gameplay for DOA6 Ultimate. Because if they stop giving money for tournaments next year ... only gameplay can carry a franchise and in this game case ...

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I'm not sure, I don't think Koei has something to say when it comes to gameplay. People can blame Koei for excessive fanservice, greedy DLC policies and even average looking visuals but when it comes to gameplay it's 100% a TN thing and they weren't that bright with this game.

Awesmic is likely not even wrong though, it's their boss. Even that wouldn't surprise me for gameplay oriented reasons if they were to take helm, even if they have no clue about it. I also think gameplay is solely up to TN but options like that wouldn't even surprise me.

The higher-ups and executives at KT is the toughest enemy for TN. When we were at NEC at the bar years back with Tom Lee with most of the competitive community players, people asking Tom left and right with pretty good questions on how he felt with TN having a second game, what would he change for DOA if he could, Ninja Gaiden backwards compatible for consoles and Steam, EVO etc. Tom at the time was like "The team likes the idea for another new fighting entertainment and we had fun with it talking about it (laughs), but that's just it. There are things we can talk about and things we can't really have a say or do, it's the moment of what happens. For me to you guys? that sounds fun! would be cool of a Marvel fighting game or new our own."

Group: LITTTT, think it can happen?!

Tom: Sorry I can't say, we had fun with it but it's just not in our power. Let's talk about something else for now.

Not sure if I'd play a 3D Marvel fighting game (ehhhhhh....), but i'd still like to imagine the Marvel part was a foreshadow, which is Ultimate Alliance 3 for the Switch (except it's not a fighting game). But yeah, things like that in general seems like it's beyond TN hands. Would of been another project by TN with asking KT to give the go. KT is usually the main source to the problems even with the marketing. None of us here work for TN so maybe it'll forever be a mystery on what is happening.

Last edited:

XxNoriakixX

Tn should go independent just like IO interactive did after Square almost killed them. I'd throw in some funds as well. Koei are the Japanese version of EA who throw out a new Atelier every few months to make some green numbers and probably fund the Nioh games.

I wouldn't even mind supporting DoA via funny costumes but they are so lazy and don't even try to deliver quality anymore. 5 was a meme because of the season passes but the gameplay was good and the balance was better than previous entries, except 3 maybe? 3 was the most balanced one iirc, we never got 3.1 in the EU though.

I bet the next characters after Rachel will be either Naotara again (lol) or they copy&paste some other Warriors or Atelier waifus into the game instead of even thinking about Leon, Gen, Ein, maybe Ryu's dad or Genshin.

Like I said, I wonder if Master feels trolled. Must feel strange to be a community manager for a company who ignores western feedback or feedback that does not cover costume and waifu requests.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD