Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Jyu_Viole_Grace

They don't list the individual items in the main Japanese store? I could've sworn they did.

Yep, they do. I mean they could just do the same they do in the JP store in the western PS4 stores with DOA 6 because that's what they also do with other Koei games. That's what they did with Dynasty Warriors 9, Warriors Orochi 4, all Atelier games ... etc.

TheTHCGamer

Well at least they're looking into it. It's better than doing nothing.
That or there just saying that to tell us what we want to hear. Either way I hope we can purchase individual costumes soon but honestly they've already lost out on potential money because some people have already stopped playing.

It was a poor decision to not be able to buy individual costumes right from the gate. A lot of lessons to be learned from the DoA 6 launch and I hope the game is much improved with the next iteration of DoA6.

It's great to add a shit ton of DLC costumes over time but what's the point if very few people are still playing the game. The only thing that is really going to bring back the playerbase at this point is if the next version of DoA6 is on point.

I believe it will be but it just sucks that things couldn't be more smooth from the start.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

The fact they left this out of 5 vanilla, realized their mistake and brought it back for 5U, only to ditch it again in 6, upsets me on multiple levels.

I guess they added the white top one because they wanted to add a revealing outfit but yep, for me her legacy outfit is her denim jacket outfit.

I hope it's her sixth unlockable costume.

Raansu

The fact they left this out of 5 vanilla, realized their mistake and brought it back for 5U, only to ditch it again in 6, upsets me on multiple levels.

Yep, its my favorite and it pisses me off that again they left it out.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Due Kurisu from steam forums we know all characters have 6 x 3 unlockable costume slots.

Kasumi and Honoka have already all their 6 costumes (white and blue legacy Kasumi costumes are count as two separate costumes, we are missing two recolors from her blue costume and one recolor from her white costume. Honoka high school costume and the same without coat are also two separate costumes). We are missing 3 costumes for NiCO, 4 for Phase-4 and all guys and lastly one from all other girls.

So I'm hoping Hitomi's sixth costume is her classic denim jacket costume.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Wonder if they will patch these unlockable costumes for free and when. No words from them yet?

Who knows, since we know it due internal data. Original Kurisu's image:

With this we also know that these new "default" costumes originally weren't default costumes and these were just alternative costumes, being changed to default due e-sports crowd telling Team Ninja that girls were too sexy.

werewolfgold

With this we also know that these new "default" costumes originally weren't default costumes and these were just alternative costumes, being changed to default due e-sports crowd telling Team Ninja that girls were too sexy.
That's not what it means. If you look at it, the top row for all characters (minus Kasumi's default blue for some reason and Honoka for logistics) are costumes pulled from DOA5, while the middle row is new costumes made fore DOA6. Notice how Diego and Nico have no top row.

But, don't let that get in the way of "the narrative". lol

Jyu_Viole_Grace

That's not what it means. If you look at it, the top row for all characters (minus Kasumi's default blue for some reason and Honoka for logistics) are costumes pulled from DOA5, while the middle row is new costumes made fore DOA6. Notice how Diego and Nico have no top row.

But, don't let that get in the way of "the narrative". lol

Yeah, sure, Kasumi's old blue costume is a new DOA 6 costume.

In any case, that is the "narrative" that Shimbori told to western media. Now we just have further data about it.

werewolfgold

Yeah, sure, Kasumi's old blue costume is a new DOA 6 costume.

In any case, that is the "narrative" that Shimbori told to western media. Now we just have further data about it.
Kasumi's outfit being An exception if you look at every other character. Nothing in this image says anything about what were "supposed" to be the default costumes. You appear to be making that up for some reason.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Nothing in this image says anything about what were "supposed" to be the default costumes. You appear to be making that up for some reason.

Everything about how costumes are arranged internally show how they wanted the costume list to be.

You can go to DOA 5 and look how they are internally arranged and if it differs from how you see them in the versus mode.

werewolfgold

Everything about how costumes are arranged internally show how they wanted the costume list to be.
Are you only going by that image or some other internal list? Because that costume image doesn't support what you're saying at all.
What costumes in that image are you saying were "supposed" to be the default before it was "changed"?

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Are you only going by that image or some other internal list? Because that costume image doesn't support what you're saying at all.
What costumes in that image are you saying were "supposed" to be the default before it was "changed"?

Yeah, I will go with internal DOA6 data. If Team Ninja data is an issue or you don't like it that isn't my fault.

001 was the first element in DOA 5 costume list. I don't see why in DOA 6 004 should be the first one but ey, maybe its due the "narrative".

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD