Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm curious about her hair and hair physics. She has super long hair, like Kasumi in older games unlike since DOA 5. Let's see if Kula gets a nerf in DOA.
It'll probably be untouched, Mai in DOA5 has very long hair in her ponytail unlike XIV where her ponytail is shorter and layered like she got half cut off. It'll probably be the same length like in XIV and Maximum impact(In that game it fell all the way to her knees xD) and it'll probably move in her idle pose since in KOF her hime cut smoothly floats and moves as she stands and she uses it sometimes to attack so it'll probably have alot going into it

Jyu_Viole_Grace

It'll probably be untouched, Mai in DOA5 has very long hair in her ponytail unlike XIV where her ponytail is shorter and layered like she got half cut off. It'll probably be the same length like in XIV and Maximum impact(In that game it fell all the way to her knees xD) and it'll probably move in her idle pose since in KOF her hime cut smoothly floats and moves as she stands and she uses it sometimes to attack so it'll probably have alot going into it

Yeah, I guess because when they first shown Mai in DOA 5 a lot people complained a lot because her face felt off and they had to change her face, so I guess they are working harder with KOF models than with DOA models.

My point is, if they can do Kula hair as it's then they can do it with Kasumi as well. So I will probably get really mad about it and I will spam their twitter every day until they block me or they fix Kasumi's hair.

werewolfgold

According to the wiki, this Kula is 18 in "Days of Memories," so they'll probably default to that.
They may not list the age at all. They didn't with Mai in DOA5. I don't know how that works for the character poster, though.

I doubt they will list her as 18 given that it's specifically a KOF 14 crossover and no one knows what Days of Memories is. But, if they do, the Marie analogue will be fully realized.

Leifang

lol XD
95DF963C-B743-4EB3-B9F6-8A617C3C403B.gif

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Please guys, let's not do this. Let's not turn this in another "loli" hate nonsense, not with a loved KOF character.

This may (just may) bring KOF players that want to try their characters in DOA 6 and Kula players won't like at all what they will find about DOA community. SNK is doing us literally a favor with this collab, because this game is literally dead an this collab is the best thing that will happen to this game since its release.

Let's not spread hate to their characters, because that will make them not wating to be related to DOA anymore and to be honest it's really shameful to read all this bullshit about a loved SNK character.

Brute

Standard Donor
Please guys, let's not do this. Let's not turn this in another "loli" hate nonsense, not with a loved KOF character.

This may (just may) bring KOF players that want to try their characters in DOA 6 and Kula players won't like at all what they will find about DOA community.
I'm more concerned with them not liking what they find about the game than the community.

SNK is doing us literally a favor with this collab, because this game is literally dead an this collab is the best thing that will happen to this game since its release.

Let's not spread hate to their characters, because that will make them not wating to be related to DOA anymore and to be honest it's really shameful to read all this bullshit about a loved SNK character.
So I'm supposed to blindly love and accept any guest character thrown into DOA just to pander to its respective community? No thanks.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I'm more concerned with them not liking what they find about the game than the community.

I'm more concerned about the community because games can be fixed but ... what about people? will people be mature enough to be able to not repel players? I don't know about that.

So I'm supposed to blindly love and accept any guest character thrown into DOA just to pander to its respective community? No thanks.

There is a big difference between loving and trashing a character. For pages she has been reduced to an age and costumes. She's supposedly a worse option than any male character due her age and due her gender.

I know, people is already used to trash about Marie, Honoka and NiCO but I have never seen so much ... bullshit about a guest character in any other fighting game due solely for these reasons.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm more concerned about the community because games can be fixed but ... what about people? will people be mature enough to be able to not repel players? I don't know about that.

There is a big difference between loving and trashing a character. For pages she has been reduced to an age and costumes. She's supposedly a worse option than any male character due her age and due her gender.

I know, people is already used to trash about Marie, Honoka and NiCO but I have never seen so much ... bullshit about a guest character in any other fighting game due solely for these reasons.
Trust me, it could be worse xD You should have been here when Naotora Ii dropped as DLC, she probably had the most hate/flip flop hate out of every new character and that's saying something.

I think once people actually see Kula and buy and use her there will be less disdain towards her, I think people are just going off what she is on paper(which is a "loli" ice girl with long blue hime cut hair and a liking for candy) and using that to dismiss her when she hasn't been shown yet. It's like the opposite of Honoka when we all thought she was gonna be a pirate girl or something cool from the teasers and she just turned out to be a moe school girl who uses a mix of everyone's movesets

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Trust me, it could be worse xD You should have been here when Naotora Ii dropped as DLC, she probably had the most hate/flip flop hate out of every new character and that's saying something.

I think once people actually see Kula and buy and use her there will be less disdain towards her, I think people are just going off what she is on paper(which is a "loli" ice girl with long blue hime cut hair and a liking for candy) and using that to dismiss her when she hasn't been shown yet. It's like the opposite of Honoka when we all thought she was gonna be a pirate girl or something cool from the teasers and she just turned out to be a moe school girl who uses a mix of everyone's movesets

I wanted Kazuma Kiryu before any other collaboration character but oh boy, Kula isn't precisely some random tertiary character from an unknown franchise.

I'm sure a lot people would be really glad seeing her as a guest character in other games, like, I don't know, BB CTB for example (I wanted a KOF guest character for ASW games for years ... ) and people is just trashing her due their phobias.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm more concerned about the community because games can be fixed but ... what about people?
Well, if people can't change then there's really no point in bringing that to their attention.

There is a big difference between loving and trashing a character.
Allow me to rephrase:
"So I'm supposed to blindly not trash and accept any guest character thrown into DOA just to pander to its respective community? No thanks."

For pages she has been reduced to an age and costumes. She's supposedly a worse option than any male character due her age and due her gender.

If a player's sensibilities are so fragile and insecure that they can't get into a game because of loli memes posted on a forum board then I'm not really going to go out of my way to extend them an emotional crutch by censoring humor. I'm frankly more concerned with keeping the few players the game currently has than recruiting new ones, and one of the few things the current playerbase seems to bond over are sentiments over how disappointing the game's updates continue to be. You may claim "That's not healthy," but's it's really all we've got until the game gets its shit together. And where most of us are concerned, a loli guest character from a 2D fighting game is not that. So we cope with jokes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RayBellion

I don't care about KOF and the reason I am not that thrilled (yet) about the Kula DLC is because I do not like her KOF optics. But that has nothing to do with her being a loli or not. I want interesting move sets and great looking characters with stunning animations. If a DLC gives me that, I'm fine.

Who isn't convinced that regardless of TN's/SNK's choice of DLC character there would have been someone protesting against that (in his opinion) poor choice? Even a SJW-safe Lara Croft aged 50+ would have drawn protests. FG characters draw heavily on stereotypes, just like the usual Hollywood blockbuster does. Leaving the familier ground has a much higher risk to create uneasiness and inacceptance. I do like the DOA range of stereotypes. For example, adding SFV's Birdie, Tekken's Bob or SC's Voldo as DLC would have been more much more disruptive for me.

IMHO it's too early for TN bashing. Maybe they can make Kula fit in perfectly and she will be fun to play (against).

Mayor-Of-Mustard

I don't care about KOF and the reason I am not that thrilled (yet) about the Kula DLC is because I do not like her KOF optics. But that has nothing to do with her being a loli or not. I want interesting move sets and great looking characters with stunning animations. If a DLC gives me that, I'm fine.

Who isn't convinced that regardless of TN's/SNK's choice of DLC character there would have been someone protesting against that (in his opinion) poor choice? Even a SJW-safe Lara Croft aged 50+ would have drawn protests. FG characters draw heavily on stereotypes, just like the usual Hollywood blockbuster does. Leaving the familier ground has a much higher risk to create uneasiness and inacceptance. I do like the DOA range of stereotypes. For example, adding SFV's Birdie, Tekken's Bob or SC's Voldo as DLC would have been more much more disruptive for me.

IMHO it's too early for TN bashing. Maybe they can make Kula fit in perfectly and she will be fun to play (against).
yeah true af! although i would hella main bob in doa6 lol

Ninoasker

Oh boy... you haven't seen the Tekken community back when they announced Noctis. If you think Kula's reception has been bad (which honestly I think some people are taking it way too far, since Kula is an actually cool sorry KFHSDJFHSDJ character that has NOTHING to do with what Marie, Honoka and NiCO are lol. They WISH they were as decent as Kula in terms of character development), then Noctis' reception in Tekken was the WWIII.

Yurlungur

Oh boy... you haven't seen the Tekken community back when they announced Noctis. If you think Kula's reception has been bad (which honestly I think some people are taking it way too far, since Kula is an actually cool sorry KFHSDJFHSDJ character that has NOTHING to do with what Marie, Honoka and NiCO are lol. They WISH they were as decent as Kula in terms of character development), then Noctis' reception in Tekken was the WWIII.

I literally do not remember the tekken community being up in arms about noctis. I remember mostly "Wouldn't he better in soulcalibur then tekken?" and "OH, OK COOL". Negan was a bit more of them being up in arms.

I personally don't like kula because kula has been busted in nearly every game she's been in and it's not fun and most people who do play her just tier whore. I think there's a lot better characters they could of put into the series that would fit in more. Like angel who actually has a lot of strings and grabs they can implement easier. Or vice who has tons of command grabs and yet a really cool character who just fits with the series a lot more. Or Mature. Hinako's costumes were also used in doa5 with yuri. Yuri and King also have costumes that are destructible which is a fun tie in.

Instead, we're getting her which she doesn't really fit with the games aesthetic at all and even for a guest character she seems completely out of place where Mai was a perfect fit.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Angel would have been the coolest choice for DOA. Her gameplay would have been so sick. Angel or my personal favorite character in KoF: Oswald
oswald-xii-super.gif

Instead.... We get Kula. I get it, she's going to be really strong and she is a type of fighting that will be new to DOA and she fits the new NiCO Marie theme they're going towards with the game but like... KoF rides deep man... There were so many cool creative choices they could have gone with.

latest
[IMG='width:87px;']https://www.fightersgeneration.com/np9/characters/gifs/leona-kofxii-stance2.gif[/IMG]
latest
[IMG='width:82px;']https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/snk/images/3/30/Vicekofxiii.gif/revision/latest?cb=20100423002428[/IMG][IMG='width:82px;']http://www.dreamcancel.com/wiki/images/7/7b/Mature_sprite.gif[/IMG][IMG='width:59px;']http://www.cardinalperception.com/temp/kofxiii/king.gif[/IMG][IMG='width:74px;']https://images.uncyc.org/pt/2/26/BenimaruXIII.gif[/IMG]

But sure TN lmao go with the ice lady. Hopefully they don't just give her NiCO's face.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD