Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Derock

@SaihateDYNAMO people act like that game doesn't exist lmfao

For some reason, most KOF fans doesn't give a damn about Maximum Impact, especially how lackluster 1 was. 2 or 2006 in the US did a bit better but still. A couple of reasons were that many fans couldn't stand Falcoon, who was the key character design artist at the time, from rumors.

SaihateDYNAMO

@SaihateDYNAMO people act like that game doesn't exist lmfao
For some reason, most KOF fans doesn't give a damn about Maximum Impact, especially how lackluster 1 was. 2 or 2006 in the US did a bit better but still. A couple of reasons were that many fans couldn't stand Falcoon, who was the key character design artist at the time, from rumors.
MI1 was such a bad game that it left a permanent bad taste in people’s mouths to the point where if anyone even said “Maximum Impact” a KOF fan dies. 2 and MIRA were actually good ass games for the most part, especially the latter since it wasn’t broken lol.

They also have some of the best costumes and recolors in any fighting game I’ve ever played, but yeah Falcoon’s designs/art style in general is super hit-or-miss. There were definitely some serves though!

Jadeinchains

Only U.S.?

Let's see if they say something about a new roadmap

Well that's a good sign at least, Hopefully that continues and with season 2 the outfits will be individual. and yeah maybe it's still to early and we'll need to wait until next month but I'd like to see a glimpse of what's planned for season 2 etc.

TheTHCGamer

Let's see if they say something about a new roadmap
Pretty sure all they're going to discuss is the new characters and individual costumes. We'll get the typical we plan on supporting this game in the future but probably nothing concrete. I'd love if they'd say we plan on improving the performance and look of the game to meet DoA standards.

I'm not saying everything to improve the game needs to happen in a week but that all aspects of the game will be improved over time. I have a feeling we probably won't get those improvements until the next version of the game.

My issue is I really want these two characters but at this point with the amount of people playing the game I feel I won't be getting my moneys worth. I almost feel it might be better just to wait till the next version to start investing money into the game.

That way hopefully more people will be interested in DoA6 again. Until then I'll be investing my time and money into SamSho.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Pretty sure all they're going to discuss is the new characters and individual costumes. We'll get the typical we plan on supporting this game in the future but probably nothing concrete. I'd love if they'd say we plan on improving the performance and look of the game to meet DoA standards.

I'm not saying everything to improve the game needs to happen in a week but that all aspects of the game will be improved over time. I have a feeling we probably won't get those improvements until the next version of the game.

My issue is I really want these two characters but at this point with the amount of people playing the game I feel I won't be getting my moneys worth. I almost feel it might be better just to wait till the next version to start investing money into the game.

That way hopefully more people will be interested in DoA6 again. Until then I'll be investing my time and money into SamSho.
That is if they even make another version, they're probably gonna invest most of their time into Vanilla doa6 since they know they whole Plus/Ultimate/Arcade/LR thing wasn't really the way to go about it. And I don't think they'll fix any visual issues since DOA5 had and still has alot of visual issues they didn't fix. I think they're gonna do what SFV did and stick with the vanilla version of the game for as long as possible before making an optional disc version of a sort massive changed version like SFV arcade edition did
Mai and Kula Diamond Exhibition tomorrow morning!
Hopefully Kula will be good, I hope they'll show off some of her frame data so we can see how fast and safe she'll be xD

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Now that I look at it, it's a Dengeki stream and not a Koei stream so yep, they will only show Mai and Kula : (

The previous roadmap was shown in a Koei stream

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
That is if they even make another version, they're probably gonna invest most of their time into Vanilla doa6 since they know they whole Plus/Ultimate/Arcade/LR thing wasn't really the way to go about it.

They probably will aim for a DOA6U/+++/LR type game though. Even Manny (Master) thinks so.

The thing with fighting games is that they have to go through a balance overhaul (in this timeline at least). People wonder to ArcSys Works regarding BlazBlue like: "ArcSys release the same game every year so couldn't they just add Continuum Shift II into the first one? it's literally the same game" which is really not that simple, developers (even Harada) mentioned that sometimes fighting games have to go through an entire rework in game mechanics that can't be done in an update. DOA went through those phases twice because they went through an overhaul and ground game change + balance (as well as more room to handle general content) so essentially this beats two-three birds with one stone. It also adds a portion where it tries to find it's way to attract people as if it's an entirely new game to the point that they even change the cover. It's like getting old and then jumping into a magical pool of reducing age and then living life again from all those years that it's lost but renewed and full of life. You can probably ask Wah too I guess.

Granted that i'm also not a big fan of rebuying things again and prefer they pour it all in vanilla unless they port it to a new gen, but developers do make sense regarding it if they want to keep a game alive. Even Ed Boon from MK mentioned that even if there were DLC on the PS2 via an online update connected, they still would of went through a game overhaul by releasing an upgraded version of the game. We will definitely see vanilla updates for quite a bit of time but I definitely wouldn't dismiss KT on releasing a game release upgrade, still a -huge- probability of DOA6 getting an overhaul.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They probably will aim for a DOA6U/LR though. Even Manny (Master) thinks so.

The thing with fighting games is that they have to go through a balance overhaul (in this timeline at least). People wonder to ArcSys Works regarding BlazBlue like "ArcSys release the same game every year so couldn't they just add Continuum Shift II into the first one? it's literally the same game" and the developers (even Harada) mentioned that fighting games they have to go through an entire rework in game mechanics that can't be done in an update. DOA went through those phases twice because they went through an overhaul and ground game change + balance (as well as more room to handle general content) so essentially this beats two-three birds with one stone. It also adds a portion where it tries to find it's way to attract people as if it's an entirely new game to the point that they even change the cover. It's like getting old and then jumping into a pool of reducing age and then living life again within the same years that it's lost but renewed and full of life. You can probably ask Wah too.

Granted that i'm also not a big fan of rebuying things again and prefer they pour it all in vanilla unless they port it to a new gen, but developers do make sense regarding it if they want to keep a game alive. Even Ed Boon mentioned that even if there were DLC on the PS2 via an online update connected, they still would of went through a game overhaul by releasing an upgraded version of the game. We will definitely see vanilla updates for quite a bit of time but I definitely wouldn't dismiss KT on releasing a game release upgrade, still a -huge- probability of DOA6 getting an overhaul.
If they do tho I think it'll be more a major game update that upgrades the version like how they did 5U to LR on last ten consoles, I don't think they'll really try to force another disc purchase unless the player wants to since that'll mean having to disregard the regular DOA6 digital and physical copy so I think they'll use a major update format like how SFV did

KwonJigglypuff

Are they really going to release another edition after this underwhelming Vanilla and the bad publicity it received ? Nobody is going to buy it. That'd be a bad strategy.

I know I would buy it...

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
If they do tho I think it'll be more a major game update that upgrades the version like how they did 5U to LR on last ten consoles, I don't think they'll really try to force another disc purchase unless the player wants to since that'll mean having to disregard the regular DOA6 digital and physical copy so I think they'll use a major update format like how SFV did
Are they really going to release another edition after this underwhelming Vanilla and the bad publicity it received ? Nobody is going to buy it. That'd be a bad strategy.

I know I would buy it...

They probably will, or rather I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I mean hey, it's KT. This is generally not a bad thing though except burning your wallet again which I totally get since it puts people in the phase of "Couldn't you just do all this in the first game? why now? why did you take so long DOA6?" which I can understand. It's just that game situations like this doesn't just magically fix with some patch update. You'd probably get a better answer from Wah.

Not getting the budget that they always wanted until now, time constraints, stuff that was originally in concept are now coming to light in the upgrade etc.

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

They probably will aim for a DOA6U/+++/LR type game though. Even Manny (Master) thinks so.

The thing with fighting games is that they have to go through a balance overhaul (in this timeline at least). People wonder to ArcSys Works regarding BlazBlue like: "ArcSys release the same game every year so couldn't they just add Continuum Shift II into the first one? it's literally the same game" which is really not that simple, developers (even Harada) mentioned that sometimes fighting games have to go through an entire rework in game mechanics that can't be done in an update. DOA went through those phases twice because they went through an overhaul and ground game change + balance (as well as more room to handle general content) so essentially this beats two-three birds with one stone. It also adds a portion where it tries to find it's way to attract people as if it's an entirely new game to the point that they even change the cover. It's like getting old and then jumping into a magical pool of reducing age and then living life again from all those years that it's lost but renewed and full of life. You can probably ask Wah too I guess.

Granted that i'm also not a big fan of rebuying things again and prefer they pour it all in vanilla unless they port it to a new gen, but developers do make sense regarding it if they want to keep a game alive. Even Ed Boon from MK mentioned that even if there were DLC on the PS2 via an online update connected, they still would of went through a game overhaul by releasing an upgraded version of the game. We will definitely see vanilla updates for quite a bit of time but I definitely wouldn't dismiss KT on releasing a game release upgrade, still a -huge- probability of DOA6 getting an overhaul.

They can also update the base game with the big update with a tag price, like ASW with GG Xrd Rev 2. I think that's the best way to deal with this.

This franchise community is already super niche (in DOA 6 case even more), I don't think will be a good idea trying to split the playerbase with a new release that isn't compatible with the current game.

They could sell the update game as a all-in-one pack and let people to update the current game for a price.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
They can also update the base game with the big update with a tag price, like ASW with GG Xrd Rev 2. I think that's the best way to deal with this.

That's usually not how things work though but I see what you mean and definitely agree with you, prefer that route of just a simple big patch update (which is unfortunately not that simple), also GG Xrd Rev 2 is a revision upgrade not an overhaul. DOA is on an entirely different matter in this case and may not follow through that route simply because it's more than just revisions. If you mean a DOA5U into a 5LR as an example like how it was on the PS3, then it's a mere port addition than an actual overhaul, on top that the port in itself was "from" an overhaul. An overhaul is DOA5 > DOA5U where it mechanically changed mostly to how the game functions (stages, graphics etc.) while keeping it's interior intact while adding more capacity to add content + balance. It's basically almost an entirely new game even though it's not in some ways.

It's still possible with what you mentioned, but kinda depends here. Definitely prefer the method you mentioned.

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

That's usually not how things work though but I see what you mean and definitely agree with you, prefer that route of just a simple big patch update (which is unfortunately not that simple), also GG Xrd Rev 2 is a revision upgrade not an overhaul. DOA is on an entirely different matter in this case and may not follow through that route simply because it's more than just revisions. If you mean a DOA5U into a 5LR as an example like how it was on the PS3, then it's a mere port addition than an actual overhaul, on top that the port in itself was "from" an overhaul. An overhaul is DOA5 > DOA5U where it mechanically changed mostly to how the game functions (stages, graphics etc.) while keeping it's interior intact while adding more capacity to add content + balance. It's basically almost an entirely new game even though it's not in some ways.

It's still possible with what you mentioned, but kinda depends here. Definitely prefer the method you mentioned.

I get what you mean by overhauls since I'm an ASW fanboy since GG XX but DOA 6 isn't DOA 5 and they have to understand that after this overwhelming release, they will have to do a lot concesions and they will have to stop being fuc*ing greedy bas*ards and play nice to regain customers. Mainly because they have lose a lot customers from DOA 5 and Shimbori main goal with this entry was to regain customers from DOA 2-4 and gain new customers ... something that didn't happen.

They can't go with the DOA 5 marketing route because this game is really really far from being as good and succesful as DOA 5 back in 2012.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD