Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Jyu_Viole_Grace

SC6 says hi xD and it's not that deep tbh, DOA's girls will always be more popular than the male characters, it's always been that way, that's why DOA focuses on the girls since they know people will actually use them and buy their DLC. I think after they brought back Raidou in DOA5LR and saw how the girls ultimately get the most attention as far as DLC goes they made that their priority, SC6 did the same thing with how they set their first SP to only have the girls the fans wanted like Amy and Cassandra

Both games prioritized male characters in the initial roster, that's why there are more DLC female characters. In both games there are more female characters outside the roster.

But people don't even notice this and to devs eyes they are literally asking for less male characters in the initial roster in future games, selling these characters as DLC instead the female characters.

SaihateDYNAMO

I didn’t see that post, I still think it was a bad idea that we got NiCO and Diego as newcomers. They’re so sub par it’s sad. I was so happy that we got one new male but then it was revealed to be Diego who was at first sight pretty cool but, omg he is such a boring and brain dead design both character design wise and gameplay wise. The creativity TN lacks with its characters honestly shows.
Aside from Diego and the Virtuas, Rig from 2012 is the last time we have gotten a brand new male character. That KILLS me because that makes it obvious to me that they really don't care about the males at all. Diego is the first new original male design and moveset that we get and he turned out more basic and plain than anyone could have ever imagined. They need to take more risks with their character designs because relying on "research" and "trends" is clearly getting them nowhere (that applies to both Diego and NiCO).

On the topic of Leon, the only way we'll ever see him again is if we get a genderbent version like Tengu. They had multiple chances to put the man in the story again.

Brute

Standard Donor
Aside from Diego and the Virtuas, Rig from 2012 is the last time we have gotten a brand new male character. That KILLS me because that makes it obvious to me that they really don't care about the males at all. Diego is the first new original male design and moveset that we get and he turned out more basic and plain than anyone could have ever imagined. They need to take more risks with their character designs because relying on "research" and "trends" is clearly getting them nowhere (that applies to both Diego and NiCO).

On the topic of Leon, the only way we'll ever see him again is if we get a genderbent version like Tengu. They had multiple chances to put the man in the story again.
TBF, Rig is amazing. His animations and movelist are leagues ahead of most characters in the game, including all the female characters that debuted after him.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
it's always been that way.

For DOA? somewhat yeah, for every other game? false. Terry Bogard and Geralt would like to have a word with you, as well as some general anime fighters and even Tekken.

Not that it's a huge concern, but it's pretty rather easy to identify it when it comes to catering to a certain crowd when most other games do both.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
For DOA? somewhat yeah, for every other game? false. Terry Bogard and Geralt would like to have a word with you, as well as some general anime fighters and even Tekken.

Not that it's a huge concern, but it's pretty rather easy to identify it when it comes to catering to a certain crowd when other games do both.
You read too deep into it xD I did only mean DOA, and that Samurai Showdown guy( I don't count Geralt since he's a base game addition) is the only DLC male character while Amy, Tira, Cassandra and 2B are the only DLC characters atm out, and excluding 2B who's a guest, that does say alot that they made those 3 tge first DLC priority over say Hwang and since they're mostvpopular and the game mainly caters to the Japanese which explains why them three were chosen.

Overall DOA does it most but it makes sense seeing who the game tries to mainly cater to

Ninoasker

omg I literally just mentioned Leon and shit went crazy lmaoo some of y’all really need to take a valium luvs...... it’s not my problem y’all got owned by Leon mains in 5.... besides, the fact TN considers Leon a low priority character but will bring broken & unpolished ass characters like Momiji back is just another reminder of why 6 flopped...... but hey, keep eating everything TN feeds you, even if it’s low quality! I myself will keep asking for Leon cause I want some good food and an actual interesting character that’s fun to play.

so yea... where’s Leon?
0E74FF91-B8EC-4663-98A0-9B4BA74B3DF2.jpeg

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I don’t get why people bring up the male characters being less popular than the female characters discussion again. TN never put in the same amount of effort in the male characters than in the female characters. And its hard to tell that male dlc won’t sell well when the only male dlc character we ever got in doa history was Raidou. A character that always has been unpopular. I think if we got Akira from VF, or a Jin/Kazuya from Tekken that they would sell pretty well because they’re fan favourite characters. I hope TN listens this time and bring in more diverse and creative characters.

Even though rig is stoic af I do like his fighting style. TN adding the TKD style to DOA was a good thing. It’s a style we haven’t seen before in DOA and it looks really good. Mila on the other hand despite having also a style we haven’t seen in DOA before, feels like I’ve seen it before in DOA. I really hope they add a character with Judo as fighting style because not many fighting games have a judo fighter.

omg I literally just mentioned Leon and shit went crazy lmaoo some of y’all really need to take a valium luvs...... it’s not my problem y’all got owned by Leon mains in 5.... besides, the fact TN considers Leon a low priority character but will bring broken & unpolished ass characters like Momiji back is just another reminder of why 6 flopped...... but hey, keep eating everything TN feeds you, even if it’s low quality! I myself will keep asking for Leon cause I want some good food and an actual interesting character that’s fun to play.

so yea... where’s Leon?
View attachment 29303
Please don’t come for my main, we all know Momiji is only getting added first because of those annoying fans and shimbori being a people pleaser. Momiji wasn’t broken and unpolished in 5. She was actually a very good and perfectly balanced character. She was generally safe, had normal speed, had a small moveset and was pretty linear.

SaihateDYNAMO

I actually don't mind Rig, mostly in terms of his moveset and animations (they went awf, not gonna lie). I was mostly talking about how it's been 7 whole years since we've gotten a new male character, not the fact that Rig was the last one. My point was that Rig SHOULDN'T have been the last due to how long it's been compared to the sheer number of females we have gotten recently.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Not that it's a huge concern, but it's pretty rather easy to identify it when it comes to catering to a certain crowd when most other games do both.

West will always charge against cute female characters. This happened in Tekken with Lucky Chloe but DOA community is so lucky that Shimbori isn't like Harada, he owned the whole Neogaf forum and twitter mobs:

And his usual thing when someone gets too paranoid:

ClVo2vAWIAA9ARh.jpg

This is always the same and what's more funny is that even if western people think Japan only want female characters because they are horny, they rarely are so crybaby as western people when they don't like what they are getting.

One side is always more annoying than the other whatever devs cater to them more or not.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Overall DOA does it most but it makes sense seeing who the game tries to mainly cater to

Right, but see DOA doesn't actually have to do that for a constant basis since KT's marketing is an actual shitstorm. It's an obvious typical priority for TN (or rather KT) because it makes bank. Obviously they use base game inclusion tactics to include such characters without making it as an individual DLC, but companies (especially other fighters) take risks to just do it anyway for individual DLC instead of priority. Other fighters had shit budget and still do it anyway. Still confused on why DOA has to be special in this case when it's none special than any other fighting game.

A character that always has been unpopular. I think if we got Akira from VF, or a Jin/Kazuya from Tekken that they would sell pretty well because they’re fan favourite characters. I hope TN listens this time and bring in more diverse and creative characters.

Despite how obviously cool that would be, Akira wouldn't exactly sell either unfortunately (first time somewhat yeah, but second time would be a bust at this point). He was massively popular for the hardcore fast gameplay fanatics and competitive format, but that's just it. Character was limited for casual elements due to how expensive that is, (just look at Mai on how long it took her to obtain more outfits). If we had to get technical, his entry was a way to solidify DOA to be noted that it's a serious game too (Like Tom Lee mentioned at NEC which also worked via JCA).

While I agree for characters such as Kiryu, Akira, Tifa, or a Tekken character to make DOA feel even more authentic that DOA is legit for the hell of it, shits tough with a low budget when you got KT in the helm.

West will always charge against cute female characters. This happened in Tekken with Lucky Chloe but DOA community is so lucky that Shimbori isn't like Harada, he owned the whole Neogaf forum and twitter mobs:

And his usual thing when someone gets too paranoid:

View attachment 29304

This is always the same and what's more funny is that even if western people think Japan only want female characters because they are horny, they rarely are so crybaby as western people when they don't like what they are getting.

One side is always more annoying than the other whatever devs cater to them more or not.

Yep, though there are times where I wouldn't want Harada as a boss for some things to be fair (mostly mixed but more positive), and Shimbori usually doesn't have a choice in the matter when it comes to situations like this. Even he has a boss.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
If we are going according to Gatto Tom, who has been right about plenty of things, Momiji and Rachel are coming next.

I think that a new guest character is very probable. Before the leak I had thought that maybe guest character DLCs could be attributed to season passes like the KoF guests. Maybe characters like: Leon, Genfu, and Ein can come out separately, not for free but in a similar manner to to the free costumes.

With Nioh 2 announcements inbound, I can see a tie-in to William joining the cast officially or Akira since he was wildly more popular than Pai, Sarah & Jacky and was the staple of the VF entries to DOA5.

1567987842916.png

His design is one of the best Team NINJA has created in many years.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Right, but see DOA doesn't actually have to do that for a constant basis since KT's marketing is an actual shitstorm. It's an obvious typical priority for TN (or rather KT) because it makes bank. Obviously they use base game inclusion tactics to include such characters without making it as an individual DLC, but companies (especially other fighters) take risks to just do it anyway. Other fighters had shit budget and still do it anyway. Still confused on why DOA has to be special in this case when it's none special than any other fighting game.

(Omitted)​

Yep, though there are times where I wouldn't want Harada as a boss for some things to be fair (mostly mixed on what I do like about Harada), and Shimbori usually doesn't have a choice in the matter when it comes to situations like this. Even he has a boss.
I don't think it's special, I'm just saying in general DOA has done this since DOA5U with how they always make the girls a main priority, and yeah they dont have to but as of now it's probably in their best interest to since according to "alot" of people the game flopped and is dead, so KT is gonna do what's gonna get people playing the game more and buying passes and DLC, which is probably why they're adding Momiji and Rachel so abruptly. XD

SaihateDYNAMO

West will always charge against cute female characters.
tenor.gif

Keep in mind I thought Chloe was hilarious when she was first revealed and I got a kick out of how much people were seething at her inclusion but that was 2014. It's 2019 now and we need some variety, ESPECIALLY in DOA. Very few female characters in games break the traditional "attractive" mold while the men are allowed to get all sorts of sizes, body types, and personalities.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Right, but see DOA doesn't actually have to do that for a constant basis since KT's marketing is an actual shitstorm. It's an obvious typical priority for TN (or rather KT) because it makes bank. Obviously they use base game inclusion tactics to include such characters without making it as an individual DLC, but companies (especially other fighters) take risks to just do it anyway for individual DLC instead of priority. Other fighters had shit budget and still do it anyway. Still confused on why DOA has to be special in this case when it's none special than any other fighting game.

Despite how obviously cool that would be, Akira wouldn't exactly sell either unfortunately (first time somewhat yeah, but second time would be a bust at this point). He was massively popular for the hardcore fast gameplay fanatics and competitive format, but that's just it. Character was limited for casual elements due to how expensive that is, (just look at Mai on how long it took her to obtain more outfits). If we had to get technical, his entry was a way to solidify DOA to be noted that it's a serious game too (Like Tom Lee mentioned at NEC which also worked via JCA).

While I agree for characters such as Kiryu, Akira, Tifa, or a Tekken character to make DOA feel even more authentic that DOA is legit for the hell of it, shits tough with a low budget when you got KT in the helm.
the budget is an issue unfortunately, I think if they gave DOA a bugger budget it would’ve been a better game.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Let's be serious, this is DOA. Gen Fu, Ein and Leon will come back sooner or later. DOA isn't like other franchises where characters can be gone forever.

I just don't get why people can be so paranoid about this. These characters will combe back for sure. You don't like these female characters?, nice, the time will come when someone won't like your character coming back as roster slot, that's how things work. Not everyone can be happy forever.

Yep, though there are times where I wouldn't want Harada as a boss for some things to be fair (mostly mixed on what I do like about Harada), and Shimbori usually doesn't have a choice in the matter when it comes to situations like this. Even he has a boss.

I like him because he has a vision for Tekken, whatever people like what he does or not, he just doesn't care if some few vocal ones get mad at something.

The first and only time Shimbori shown some balls was in the last Eurogamer interview (about breasts physics):

"If you're really embarrassed by it, you can switch it off," he said, "and then you basically have 1990s Lara Croft. For me, as someone who built the game and wanted to make it realistic, this is not realistic. This is just stiff. It doesn't look quite right to me. But, if you have concerns about this, there is always the option of switching it off."

This is what he should have done more often.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I just don't get why people can be so paranoid about this. These characters will combe back for sure. You don't like these female characters?, nice, the time will come when someone won't like your character coming back as roster slot, that's how things work. Not everyone can be happy forever.

I like him because he has a vision for Tekken, whatever people like what he does or not, he just doesn't care if some few vocal ones get mad at something.

The first and only time Shimbori shown some balls was in the last Eurogamer interview (about breasts physics):

This is what he should have done more often.

Mine is more toward his marketing tactics and his theories on how gameplay formats should be, but I don't disagree with you on that portion. Hell, Harada responds to people, travels to events to talk to people, and even wants DOA (a game he is not associated with at all) to be at EVOJ and wants to enter for it just to support 3D fighters because he fears that more players will shift away from fighting games to play other things. At this point, Harada might as well be 2019's 3D fighter key figure.

Well I love tiddies too, people fear of breasts is always meme city, but I think it's important on knowing that there is more ways to nab a crowd than catering to one demographic every time.

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Mine is more toward his marketing tactics and his theories on how gameplay formats should be, but I don't disagree. Hell, Harada responds to people, travels to events to talk to people, and even wants DOA (a game he is not associated with at all) to be at EVOJ and wants to enter for it just to support 3D fighters because he fears that more players will shift away from fighting games to play other things. At this point, Harada might as well be 2019's 3D fighter key figure, but obviously the DOA community would be triggered by it so it's practically delicious.

Well I love tiddies too, people fear of breasts is always meme city so I wouldn't worry too much.

I think Harada should do the same that ASW is doing for 2D games. BB CTB isn't just an official mugen game, the purpose of that game was in fact to bring to the spotlight other 2D niche franchises like UNI and it worked. ASW is helping other small companies like french bread, examu or subtle style just to make 2D FG even more popular. That and working for BNE with Dragon Ball and for Cygames with GBF Versus.

Thanks to ASW smart vision, 2D games are stronger than ever.

So, what should Harada and Bandai Namco do?. Well, the first step was bringing back Soul Calibur again. The next one should be trying to do something with DOA or VF (but SEGA ...).

A small collaboration would be fine, like Jin/Asuka for DOA and Ryu/Kasumi for Tekken. This would be more beneficial for DOA than for Tekken obviously but in the long plan, if 3D FG are more popular thanks to that, it will be also beneficial for Tekken.

TN/Koei should also start trying to bring DOA characters to other franchises, just like SNK does. They don't have to be big franchises at the beginning, you could for example try to bring Kasumi/Ayane to BB CTB, I'm sure ASW would be willing to add them.

One of this franchise main issues is that Koei/TN only think in selling cosmetic DLCs for -insert here current DOA game- instead trying to do whatever it takes to make DOA more popular. Maybe sometimes you have to give characters licenses almost for free but you have to think in the long run.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Mine is more toward his marketing tactics and his theories on how gameplay formats should be, but I don't disagree with you on that portion. Hell, Harada responds to people, travels to events to talk to people, and even wants DOA (a game he is not associated with at all) to be at EVOJ and wants to enter for it just to support 3D fighters because he fears that more players will shift away from fighting games to play other things. At this point, Harada might as well be 2019's 3D fighter key figure.

Well I love tiddies too, people fear of breasts is always meme city, but I think it's important on knowing that there is more ways to nab a crowd than catering to one demographic every time.

I agree but it's not fair IMO because almost every other fighter does it too and doesn't get near the flak.

When I select Rachel in DOA5 and get matched against Leon there always seems to be this extra layer of salt that I don't understand. Some sort of passionate hate for Rachel. How dare they I say.

But I do want Leon back. He had this aggression to him that feels quite absent in DOA6.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD