Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Jyu_Viole_Grace

In term of in game model,Leon has the same body type as Bayman so at least he got a better chance to comeback unlike Genfu
Same case happened in DOA5U/LR back then with Jacky(Akira) ,Ein(Hayate),Rachel(Tina) ,Momiji and Nyotengu (Lei Fang) Raidou (Bass)

Speaking about guest characters,I think KT is pretty lucky with Mai and Kula case since SNK is pretty lax in term of guest characters.It seems SNK saw guest characters as a way to promote their brand.
In this gen we already got
1/Terry in low budget game like Fighting Ex Layer and freaking Smash Ultimate
2/Iori Yagami in 2d game like Million Arthur: Arcana Blood
3/Geese Howard in Tekken 7
4/Haomaru coming soon to SC6

SO if more guest characters coming to DOA6,I think more SNK characters seems plausible if it is gonna happens

That's what both TN/Koei should push, DOA characters for other games even if they don't get that much money from licenses but I guess Koei is only interested in things only when there are big bucks.

Ninoasker

Guests characters in Fighting Games are slowly turning from an incredibly cool thing to a cancer, lol
Meh, I still like them. When they make sense... cause everytime I remember Tekken’s Negan DLC I can’t avoid thinking about how much I want to burn Namco’s HQ
39660AA9-93ED-489D-AF09-F666C1D259A0.gif

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Imagine thinking guest characters is cancer when it actually comes from companies making poor decisions on getting actual good inclusions from 3rd party companies.

I suppose companies should stop making poor decisions (which the current ones for DOA have been rather eh so can't blame people) but clearly DOA is authentic on it's own:

Sike.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Talking about guest characters and Smash, I want a new Playstation All-Stars, but this time with a proper budget and polish. That would be so amazing. Nate, Kratos, Aloy, Wander going at each other. :D

Akumasama

The problem with what I meant is that Guest Characters were imo a cool thing when it was something happening every now and then with like 1 character, and that's it.
Now that's strange, but cool and brings up fresh stuff and mechanics into different games.

When everybody starts expecting guests and taking them for granted you have a problem and you start a vicious circle where players expect them and companies know you do, and it becomes a race into who gets the most and the coolest characters.
At that point it's no longer something occasional, fresh and cool, but something expected, boring and out of place.
We're slowly going towards that direction and personally I don't think it's a good direction.
Talking in general about the FG world, not just DoA.
Of course it's just my 2 cents.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Does anyone know exactly when this stream is happening that we are expecting the reveal to happen during? :<
At the TGS Fatal match thing in Japan on the 14th iirc, they're probably gonna show it after the tournament like they usually do to make sure people stay watching it so it'll probably be on the 15th on Sunday as well xD

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
The problem with what I meant is that Guest Characters were imo a cool thing when it was something happening every now and then with like 1 character, and that's it.
Now that's strange, but cool and brings up fresh stuff and mechanics into different games.

When everybody starts expecting guests and taking them for granted you have a problem and you start a vicious circle where players expect them and companies know you do, and it becomes a race into who gets the most and the coolest characters.
At that point it's no longer something occasional, fresh and cool, but something expected, boring and out of place.
We're slowly going towards that direction and personally I don't think it's a good direction.
Talking in general about the FG world, not just DoA.
Of course it's just my 2 cents.
I don’t really see it that way, I think guest characters are great advertisers and mascots for other games. Before the guests in DOA5 I never heard of a VF, or a KOF, or a Samurai warriors. Since these guests got added I got acquainted with the games they originated from, and other people vice versa. I understand you see it as some kind of race, but I see it as a way to attract new players from other games.

Brute

Standard Donor
Guest characters aren't an inherently bad idea, but a large portion of the time they are implemented terribly.

So like, on the one hand you've got DOA5 Akira. DOA was largely based on VF, another 3D unarmed fighter, so while Akira "feels" a bit different, he still fits in the game fairly comfortably.

Then, on the other hand, you've got this mother-fucker:
news9707_240x180.jpg

Jadeinchains

How many hours Is it until the Doa6 livestream begins that Momiji is supposed to be revealed at? It's already almost 8pm here..I'm I gonna have to stay up until 5am tonight? :<

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
What I do hear is that it's after top 8 (meaning that it can happen after the actual tournament). Depends on how many players entered and such. It's also very likely that it will be streamed on Youtube and NicoNico.

Since it's Japan time, it could end up pretty late.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
tenor.gif

omg..For me I thought It would potentially be at like 3am tonight for me but If it's like that it wouldn't be till 9am for me tomorrow...Maybe I'll just go to bed at a semi normal time and wake up to it already revealed lol.
It starts in 7 and a half hours, which means it starts at 4:30 AM for me, which is 3:30 AM for you.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD