Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I chose those sets because they’re one of the better looking “themed”sets. I’d rather have these 2 than the nurse and maid costumes.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

DOA5 had tons of costume sets like these ones, the thing is that from time to time it also had unque DLC sets. We don't have that in DOA6 since ... Deluxe set, the first one.

Let's see what they do with these 3 sets from SP 3. Maybe now that they are only focusing in the girls they will work in more unique costumes. Maybe.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
It just seems like every other game is locked into this 'Genesis' schematic. Where you start off with very little and a year or two down the road it becomes a better game for everyone. Definitely sucks that it happened to DOA, but TBF Team NINJA isn't the biggest team in the world and they've done a lot for the time they've had to work on the game and did a great job planning the championship with a nice prize pot for players overall.

The season passes are kind of a mess for people with no flexible income, but for me it doesn't hurt at all. It's my donation to Team NINJA for supporting the series I have loved for so long. Before with DOA5 I only had enough money to buy individual costumes here and there.

Addictrian

It just seems like every other game is locked into this 'Genesis' schematic. Where you start off with very little and a year or two down the road it becomes a better game for everyone. Definitely sucks that it happened to DOA, but TBF Team NINJA isn't the biggest team in the world and they've done a lot for the time they've had to work on the game and did a great job planning the championship with a nice prize pot for players overall.

The season passes are kind of a mess for people with no flexible income, but for me it doesn't hurt at all. It's my donation to Team NINJA for supporting the series I have loved for so long. Before with DOA5 I only had enough money to buy individual costumes here and there.

I have absolutly no problem with DLC content and achieving more over time .But i really do not want to have just copy paste costumes again and again and again .
This literally just happened with DOA5 and ii was aweful to me in that time.

I never understood that people like that to see a character with a unique fighting style abackstory and history of their own in cheap costumes that every other character is wearing,too. (they loose their uniquness and soul )

And i dont want to have my favorite fighting game series to go that way like they do with the extreme series .

DOA was exactly about that and thats what i loved
The Fighters had their own style own costumes with unique exupiments.

this is lost and its in my opinion a huge loss.

About the season pass i can only say what it seems to be is that its mostly again just for the females and it bothers me very much .

Its absolutly not equal and not fair .
the treament should be overall the same .

i think its not the time that is the problem here but the love for the whole game what is missing.

they should have stuck to the great basics previous DOA games had and put in the new stuff with time .

i feel not taking seriously as a fan .

but i only want to make this game better and ask for stuff that should have been there from the start (like it used to be and what i expected fromthis franchise)

Thats all

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Just tired of people talking like their lives are so unfair and they feel so mistreated by Team NINJA. Back in the day you didn't get an opinion at all on a game, you bought it and if you didn't like it you were fucked up the ass $50 and hoped the next one was good. Now everyone has an opinion, and most of them don't consider the budget the team was handed when they made the game or the costs of making games period because their business senses aren't educated enough to know better.

The game business is polluted period and it shows no signs of stopping and many games are far, far worse. Infact, practically every other game is doing the same bullshit to stay alive so why shouldn't Team NINJA do the same thing and get paid so they can continue making games that people are obviously playing and enjoying without bitching about costumes? If you don't want the costumes, and if you don't want to support the game or play it... don't.

I see effort from Team NINJA every day I wake up and this is coming from someone that lost all his fucking characters and was shitted on by absolute losers on Twitter because I wanted one character back.

I give not one fuck about people's complaints with DOA6. Take it up with god if you must but spare me your self-pity on a fucking video game and worry about something important like growing the scene or just improving your life in general. Team NINJA has been doing this long enough to not act surprised and they aren't pulling your leg to give in or changing the gameplay.

Look at PBS... they have call-in shows for donations and for donating $80 they'll give you stuffed Big Bird.

Brute

Standard Donor
ironic whining
Who was preventing you from having an opinion "back in the day"?

Sure, it's easier to share criticism now, hence why you're sharing your criticism of people sharing their criticism in the same manner as the people you're criticizing. But not to worry, as I'm sure they care as little about your opinion of their criticisms as you claim to care about their criticisms.

But thanks for your contribution to the Bitch Bin. Donations are always welcome.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Oh and here comes the leader of the pack! Brute - the uncrowned king of negativity! I know how to summon you without even trying. I'll take your "If it's not Leon" comment and stick that into your Bitch Bin with my complaint about people's repeated complaints now that I know one exists.

And don't worry about thanking me! Thank you for caring enough to respond to my post!

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Oh and here comes the leader of the pack! Brute - the uncrowned king of negativity! I know how to summon you without even trying. I'll take your "If it's not Leon" comment and stick that into your Bitch Bin with my complaint about people's repeated complaints now that I know one exists.

And don't worry about thanking me! Thank you for caring enough to respond to my post!
aj0c06i.gif

SaihateDYNAMO

To be fair, fetish costumes like bunny and maids have nothing to do with Xtreme games. These kind of costumes have been in DOA (and other franchises) for a long time.

latest

latest

We can argue what's the point of every character wearing the same costume but this kind of costumes aren't exactly from Xtreme subseries.
But those costumes are actually something those characters would wear. Hitomi’s part German so the Oktoberfest outfit makes sense and Tina’s catsuit works with her being the original sultry big titty babe of DOA. My issue with the post-DOA5U fetish wear is that anyone and everyone is wearing these kind of outfits. For example, you wouldn’t expect a classy, accomplished lady like Helena to have her whole ass out in a cat outfit but lo and behold...

Dead-or-Alive-5-Helena-helena-douglas-35851587-750-422.jpg

It’s a similar situation with Leifang and Mila getting that Oktoberfest dress. If they put in the extra thought and care to design different nurse/China/maid/wedding/whatever dresses instead of giving everyone literally the exact same thing with different colors, there wouldn’t be a problem. There was so much missed opportunities to let each individual character’s personality and fashion sense shine while still falling in line with a certain theme.

And no I’m not against fanservice, it’s just that I think it’s more effective when a character‘s clothes actually seems like something they would put on.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
and most of them don't consider the budget the team was handed when they made the game or the costs of making games period because their business senses aren't educated enough to know better.

To be fair, there is history of games that were pretty low budget from big name companies and still sold massively well.

While I agree that budget can be considered one, I still think there is alternatives to that situation than milking something dry. Course, that's just my take on that one specifically, but budget blaming can get rather dull since most other games that I've seen managed to still massively succeed even from a lower output.

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

But those costumes are actually something those characters would wear. Hitomi’s part German so the Oktoberfest outfit makes sense and Tina’s catsuit works with her being the original sultry big titty babe of DOA. My issue with the post-DOA5U fetish wear is that anyone and everyone is wearing these kind of outfits. For example, you wouldn’t expect a classy, accomplished lady like Helena to have her whole ass out in a cat outfit but lo and behold...

Dead-or-Alive-5-Helena-helena-douglas-35851587-750-422.jpg

It’s a similar situation with Leifang and Mila getting that Oktoberfest dress. If they put in the extra thought and care to design different nurse/China/maid/wedding/whatever dresses instead of giving everyone literally the exact same thing with different colors, there wouldn’t be a problem. There was so much missed opportunities to let each individual character’s personality and fashion sense shine while still falling in line with a certain theme.

And no I’m not against fanservice, it’s just that I think it’s more effective when a character‘s clothes actually seems like something they would put on.

That's why I said that we could argue what's the point of every character wearing the same costume. This is obviously just laziness but this isn't something from DOAX.

I would prefer unique costumes for every character. For me would make more sense a single "fetish" set with Hitomi dirndl costume, Tina kitty costume, Kasumi/Ayane schoolgirl costumes ... but that would mean more work and effort.

Sotherius

If TN is releasing those themed packs, is because they're doing well, or at least they did back in the doa 5 days.

If we compare to other fighting games, DOA is not doing anything that bad. Tekken and Soul Calibur gets customization parts as dlc instead of actual costumes, if that is better or worse i honestly don't know.

In any case, the costumes are optional content, and i know most people are treating this as "they're doing this shitty thing instead of doing that cool thing" but for what we know, it might be "they're doing this shitty thing because is what they can do".

If the game is getting a new character every 3 months, for a decent price, and is getting constant updates to its gameplay aspects, then i consider not a bad thing.

It could be better? For sure, but is it terrible? I don't think so.

RayBellion

I am quite happy with the current development. First Momiji, now fetish costumes, probably Rachel being released as well - the last and next releases are exactly my cup of tea. Hope I do get no hate for being one of the guys that get targeted perfectly by TN as customer... my only concern is the pricing policy. Does anyone know already something about the price tag?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD