Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Characters are a tad different from cosmetic DLC. They're gameplay related, after all. But I agree that innovation is warranted and not just having the same game over again. TN reusing so many visual assets from DOA5 doesn't help that, though.
Well, even though characters are a tad different, DLC is DLC to me. I want DOA6 to actually be a DOA6 with new content, instead of seeing the same familiar faces return and the same costumes. Kula Diamond is literally the only actual new DLC character we got since 6’s launch.

RayBellion

What fresh hell new character would we get, though? lol
One has to think in stereotypes. Something that is easily recognizable, but not lame or overused. And it must be likeable (or at least not dispitable). The indian fakir is taken by Dhalsim, as is the sumo ringer by E. Honda. Hence my suggestions are...

A native american warrior (special move: spirit totem attacks)
A french gentleman (special move: produces a bouquet of flowers out of thin air and bashes the opponent with it until all flowers are gone)
A maidservant from the netherlands (special move: throwing round blocks of cheese)
etc...

Lycanthrope -R-

One has to think in stereotypes. Something that is easily recognizable, but not lame or overused. And it must be likeable (or at least not dispitable). The indian fakir is taken by Dhalsim, as is the sumo ringer by E. Honda. Hence my suggestions are...

A french gentleman (special move: produces a bouquet of flowers out of thin air and bashes the opponent with it until all flowers are gone)
A maidservant from the netherlands (special move: throwing round blocks of cheese)
etc...
images

Onryoki

Standard Donor
But but but Diego appeals to Westerners, he was specifically designed to
He was specifically designed to appeal to the dude bros. Tom Lee is one of them, I am honestly ashamed such a character could make it into a game like DOA. They should stop making characters that are alike Tekken characters and make something that’s actually original and likeable.

etc...
Are you actually serious? If you don’t want someone to fit into a certain stereotype we should get someone that doesn’t fit into a certain stereotype. A Native American character like nightwolf is the epitome of a stereotype. A character of Native American descent that Wouldn’t dress like a stereotypical Native American would be better.

Last edited:

RayBellion

Are you actually serious? If you don’t want someone to fit into a certain stereotype we should get someone that doesn’t fit into a certain stereotype. A Native American character like nightwolf is the epitome of a stereotype.

Yeah, the Native American char suggestions wasn't one of my best ideas, agreed. Overused already. Sorry.

What I tried to emphasize was that it's easiest to develop a character that is based on a stereotype, but with a spin to make it interesting. A well-known stereotype comes with a lot of story included for free, making it easier to have an idea of the character. You need less work to flesh him out, since it comes pre-loaded with expectations (which could be broken to make the char look fresh). A guy wearing glasses and a white lab coat? Or a poor-looking guy with a hunchback? Such images might make a good starting point because they already create additional pictures in your imagination. I think most movies make full use of tropes so the audience get its bearings. The better ones give them a special spin. It's quite possible that my examples given in my older post were off the mark, but nonetheless I deem stereotypes useful.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Yeah, the Native American char suggestions wasn't one of my best ideas, agreed. Overused already. Sorry.

What I tried to emphasize was that it's easiest to develop a character that is based on a stereotype, but with a spin to make it interesting. A well-known stereotype comes with a lot of story included for free, making it easier to have an idea of the character. You need less work to flesh him out, since it comes pre-loaded with expectations (which could be broken to make the char look fresh). A guy wearing glasses and a white lab coat? Or a poor-looking guy with a hunchback? Such images might make a good starting point because they already create additional pictures in your imagination. I think most movies make full use of tropes so the audience get its bearings. The better ones give them a special spin. It's quite possible that my examples given in my older post were off the mark, but nonetheless I deem stereotypes useful.
i don’t since it really doesn’t take that much effort to not stereotype a character when designing it. That’s why the DOA6 designers are so stupid because they think minimalistic.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD