Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

I hear that word a lot, but it's not every day I hear it from you. So I'll take it.

@Lycanthrope -R- No, my silence can not be bought lmao, and I wasn't trying to help my case because I don't have one. The person that should have a case is you because you are fighting to have Leon in the game and some people are willing to attack other people's character because of it.

You think me talking about Rachel's sexy body and perfect face is cringe? The Eliot guy thought I was a weird pervert? Seriously might be the dumbest shit I've heard, but it's okay because I'm used to people acting like babies when they don't get what they want.

The second dumbest idea I've heard is making a petition because you saw bunny outfits that you don't agree should be in the game. Good thing you don't have to fucking buy them, right? Good thing they are not the default outfits eh? What's next?

And one more thing is that Rachel has a different body from all of the other girls... so yeah... not weird that way either.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope -R-

I wasn't trying to help my case because I don't have one.
Heh.

The person that should have a case is you because you are fighting to have Leon in the game and some people are willing to attack other people's character because of it.
I'd say the case has already been made. TN is probably already aware and he'll be back eventually. But, Momiji and Rachel are more popular for obvious reasons.

You think me talking about Rachel's sexy body and perfect face is cringe?
Yes. Most laymen would because it's a video game character. Depending on the circumstance, it could even be cringe if it were a real person. My talking about Hayabusa's glistening pecs and abs for some reason would be equally bad.

The second dumbest idea I've heard is making a petition because you saw bunny outfits that you don't agree should be in the game. Good thing you don't have to fucking buy them, right?
Said petition appears to be about adding more stages into the game. I thought everyone wanted more stages. I don't see a problem with asking for something that you want when faced with receiving something that you don't (though I'm sure TN is well aware about the want for stages at this point, too).

We don't have to buy the bunny outfits. I sure won't. But we certainly have to deal with them in the game otherwise since we can't choose what our opponents wear. We can also be concerned with whether or not TN is making the right moves that will grow the base. And whether the potential base that gets brought in would just ask for more things like bunny outfits, leading to my not getting anything more substantial or unique for the characters. Not buying them doesn't solve everything.

Dionysus

Gender ratio is more relative and about perception. People complained a lot about SC6 having a “waifu” season pass, but it still has a male-majority cast after that.

As for Leon and Ein, the only male characters likely to return, I think the best that can happen is that the requesters keep it up and they get added into the re-release. The short-termism at KT isolates their fans and alienates outsiders; they know this. The truth, I think, is that they expect doa to die and are milking what they can on the deathbed.

P2p1mbs

As for Leon and Ein, the only male characters likely to return, I think the best that can happen is that the requesters keep it up and they get added into the re-release.

Don't encourage them; Leon, Ein AND Gen Fu WILL all be back for the rerelease.

The truth, I think, is that they expect doa to die and are milking what they can on the deathbed.

Are you referring to DLCs or Honoka?

UpSideDownGRUNT

DOA6 tried to get new people of all types casuals and FGC but kinda failed on both ends, to the point you basically only have the hardcore fans left both casual and competitive and I think TN know this cuz we're already at DOA5 rehash dlc and all female fetish dlc which didnt happen until half way into DOA5U and 6 got in 7 months.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Thought this was the Social Media update thread, not the dlc costumes/characters thread. I wish people would quit whining about Rachel, Momiji, Leon, Ein and Gen fu. These characters honestly don’t make or break the game and I think some of you are overreacting. People are complaining about the TN reusing the same DLC, but these are the same mouths that want the same characters back in. If y’all want DOA6 to actually feel like a new DOA instead of a 5LR Ultimate edition then we should ask for new content. Not the same old shit.

mizking

Well, time to badly render MMD videos of Zack Island Leon dancing to some Kpop song in the Sweat stage and then proceed to spam literally every tweet the DOA account makes, since that's apparently what y'all consider we Leon fans should do for him to be "as requested" as Momiji.
Ein and Gen Fu fancams coming March-April lol

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I do pretty much prefer Rachel over the house plant that is Momiji since one actually did something notable (somewhat), but some of the posts oozes of Rachel bias because woo boy.

Major kekness at it's finest.

Raansu

Knowing the history of DOA6’s unfixed stage bugs... xD

The only bug I've ran into is the one on the boat when its shaking and it screws up the launch gravity. I believe they patched out all the other OOB and invisible corner stuff. They just don't want to change the rules at this point because that would be admitting they only banned them because of bugs.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I believe they patched out all the other OOB and invisible corner stuff. They just don't want to change the rules at this point because that would be admitting they only banned them because of bugs.

There are still stages that you can still OOB. (Paradise and A.P.O which are stages that are not banned), but there isn't a need for a ban with them seeing as it's specific characters that can trigger it, as well as extremely situational to do it. I mean it's still there, but yeah.

Jadeinchains

waiting for any actual news on either the design contest or this months season 3 pack ( not the doa5 ones )
giphy.gif

RayBellion

We don't have to buy the bunny outfits. I sure won't. But we certainly have to deal with them in the game otherwise since we can't choose what our opponents wear.
Wasn't it SC6 that patched in the option to not display the online opponent's customization because often the custom appearances sucked or were meant as ugly provocations? So I do agree that the existence of certain customes can be an annoyance to endure even if one doesn't buy them themselves. Im my case, if TN would add blood & gore stuff MK11-style, I'd hate it and would try my best to avoid seeing that. But honestly, you are into the DOA franchise and are angry about the existence of bunny costumes? Really?

We can also be concerned with whether or not TN is making the right moves that will grow the base. And whether the potential base that gets brought in would just ask for more things like bunny outfits, leading to my not getting anything more substantial or unique for the characters. Not buying them doesn't solve everything.
I am sure TN is trying to earn money, not to make the (fighting game) world a better place per se. If they cater to a niche and make their cut, they may be better off than by trying to imitate some mainstream competitor. That's why I disagree with your last sentence. TN will follow the money, just to continue to exist and be able to pay salaries. So the question of buying or not will (dis-)solve everything... Your argument should be whether a different kind of paid DLC will produce more money or less (this may differ in the short and the long run). If you only want to look down on the people that buy the "wrong" DLC, that's neither nice nor helpful.

If y’all want DOA6 to actually feel like a new DOA instead of a 5LR Ultimate edition then we should ask for new content. Not the same old shit.
Good Point. Honestly, I liked DOA5LR so much, I am not sure about wanting new DOA6 content at the cost of the yet missing old content. But if there's a petition to add more stages, I'm all in.

I think DOA6 should try something like time-limited events to keep players coming back. The idea with the money was going in the right direction, but badly implemented. I liked the system MHW employed: A rotation of unlockable costumes and activities during events ("festivals", "seasons", whatever). Those unlockables (costumes, emotes, whatever) could only be bought with event points that could be earned during event duration or by mastering certain event challenges. Maybe that's too expensive to realize for DOA6's small player base, but one can dream... :)

Lycanthrope -R-

But honestly, you are into the DOA franchise and are angry about the existence of bunny costumes? Really?
I am angry about the existence of bunny costumes in the face of everything wrong with the game that I have no guarantee they're even working on or paying attention to. And angry that it might be a harbinger of everything becoming a rehash of DOA5 where most of the stuff we got was just OOC fetish wear. I would rather have items that make the characters stand out. Before DOA5, they only gave Tina that kind of outfit because it fit her schtick specifically. But now, it's just dress your favorite waifu as a maid/nurse/etc. I find that tacky. I want stuff that looks like they put some thought into it. Hell, even the swimsuits are more generic than before.

I am sure TN is trying to earn money, not to make the (fighting game) world a better place per se. If they cater to a niche and make their cut, they may be better off than by trying to imitate some mainstream competitor. That's why I disagree with your last sentence. TN will follow the money, just to continue to exist and be able to pay salaries. So the question of buying or not will (dis-)solve everything... Your argument should be whether a different kind of paid DLC will produce more money or less (this may differ in the short and the long run). If you only want to look down on the people that buy the "wrong" DLC, that's neither nice nor helpful.
I'm not playing that game anymore (pun not intended). It's all well and good if they want to make money. But, it doesn't do us any good if they're not going to use the money to make the game better. If they made all of this money with the DOA5 DLC, why was DOA6 so poorly funded and rushed to the point that they couldn't even have lobbies at launch despite a delay, or even text chat until a month after that? Or that they had to apparently cut 30 story mode scenes? Or they couldn't even spring for that extra lone man-hour to check to make sure that the textures on Hayate's hood were correct? And they're still not correct now. Plus a host of other issues. Where did that money go? The tournament prizes?

And if it's the case that they barely scraped by last time even given the season passes and stuff, why are we just getting a repeat of what didn't turn out so well?

As for being nice or helpful, what do you want me to say? In the end, there are people whose interests are opposed to mine. I'm not going to be vile, but I'm not cheering them on. I don't think that TN's current course has shown itself to be helpful. It's certainly not good publicity to be reselling stuff from the previous game. I just don't think this stuff should be bought in general. Not by me. Not by anybody. I think it's rewarding bad behavior at this point.

And it is rough because I don't want the series to die and I do want to support DOA overall, but...
200.gif

Last edited:

SaihateDYNAMO

There are still stages that you can still OOB. (Paradise and A.P.O which are stages that are not banned), but there isn't a need for a ban with them seeing as it's specific characters that can trigger it, as well as extremely situational to do it. I mean it's still there, but yeah.
Wait the game still has OOB issues????!! Not surprised since there’s still those corner danger zone glitches but still, that’s super ugly.

marussya

What worries me at this point the fate of deleted scenes. I never cared about not having Momiji and Rachel at launch, bc we get it anyway. We can get more stages of course and maybe can get veterans,and of course it is possibility to get old costumes (not fetish), maybe later but of course we will get it. But not the story scenes. And it despite on that they can add story scenes after release, they proved it. But of course it's not profitable, fetish costumes will make more money. I'm not sure that we can get extra story even next year when there will no need to spend such a big money on tourneys. All of you can say something like story isn't important blahblahblah, but I want to think that there are people who cares about story and we want to get some content too

werewolfgold

People are complaining about the TN reusing the same DLC, but these are the same mouths that want the same characters back in. If y’all want DOA6 to actually feel like a new DOA instead of a 5LR Ultimate edition then we should ask for new content. Not the same old shit.
Characters are a tad different from cosmetic DLC. They're gameplay related, after all. But I agree that innovation is warranted and not just having the same game over again. TN reusing so many visual assets from DOA5 doesn't help that, though.

And if it's the case that they barely scraped by last time even given the season passes and stuff, why are we just getting a repeat of what didn't turn out so well?
It kinda feels like this stuff is the only card they have. It ties back into the lack of innovation thing. I don't know what the answer is because it takes money to make money and Koei Tecmo is clearly being stingy. All I know is I ain't down for YEARS of more of these costume passes. Other FGs are really using new characters as the focal point of DLC and season passes. DOA looks plain awkward in comparison.

And didn't TN have a feedback from or something when the game came out? They have to know about the glitches and stuff if people saw them. Maybe I'm thinking about Soulcalibur.

All of you can say something like story isn't important blahblahblah, but I want to think that there are people who cares about story and we want to get some content too
Well, story content is important to flesh out the characters and make them memorable. DOA has gone downhill on that front. It'd be a matter of how strongly they feel artistically about the story they made. And I wouldn't hold my breath on that front. But the main thing they need to do if they revamp things is just have the story play out in chronological order. This jumping all over a map thing for individual cutscenes is no bueno. Or maybe split it into Raidou's revival and the actual DOA tournament. Yeah, I know. This isn't the story thread. Y'all can carry on. lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD