Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So you fully agreed with a post that disputes there is a dwindeling number of fans and that claims that it is only particularly me and a few others that are just overly negative...and a while later you describe yourself a massive loss of participants in this forum and in general the DOA community. Right...

It's also not just in this forum. You should see other forums that had a thriving DOA community going on for years. They are pretty much dead at this point. Nobody is writing there anymore, nobody is playing the game anymore. It especially sucks, because I made DOA6 graphics for all characters and stages for a DOA6 topic in another big forum and while excitement for the game was pretty big all the months leading up to its release, a few months after release hardly anyone posted there anymore, and DOA had a lively undisrupted discussion there for years. This never happened before. It's sad...and not just because I made the graphics for nothing. ;)

So I guess you are talking to me again even though you are apparently wary of directly replying to me or tagging me? Hi. :) Wow, it's been a long time...

There is definitely a number of dwindling fans. You may in general want to disagree with me on everything, but come on, it is fairly obvious. You guys are being like:

source.gif

I do get it though. I have become so disappointed of DOA6, of the game itself, of its marketing and KTs future plans for it that I am admittedly often negative and I guess I try to mask that by making fun of the whole situation, and I do get that this is super annoying to the people that are actually fine with the current situation.
I am equally annoyed by people like that to be honest. As a very wise forumer has recently said though, and you seemed to agree with him at least, let different people have different opinions, there's no reason to go after eachother personally.

I will dial down the sarcasm in this news thread. It has maybe been a bit much in the last couple of days. I also did make my last post before properly checking how the pricing is handled. Thanks for that info and I guess 1 buck for 16 hair color options for one character is acceptable, even though for free would have been the actually fair thing to still loyal fans of the series (and to all fans not just on PS4). I might actually purchase a couple of hair color sets for a few of my faves though.
Well it's true, the only thing most people come here for is to complain. And it's also true not alot of people are posting in the game related forums sharing anything, but tbh that's a bit understandable since alot of stuff is shared on twitter since that's like the big thing now besides discord

And Tbh the reason no one posts there anymore in that graphics thread is because it's became nothing more but an aeternum of posts where people just post glitches and the slightest complaint about small details, I don't mind the pics you post but it just bothers me when people make that the go to to post the slightest issue. that's why I prefer my own photography thread, at least there the complaints absent wherein the beauty and the content of the game can shine through like it should, we all know the game has bugs and hair issues and that people aren't used to the dynamic lighting by now, every game has its issues. It's just a waste to make that the only reason to post in a thread, it's as if nothing will make people happy aside from the people who are more neutral and not making it their mission to complain.

And nah, that gif is not a comparison. Just because I am fine with what the game offers me and I'm willing to pay for it doesn't make me a sheep or a dog in the middle of a maelstrom of fire and flames. I'm just content with the game and willing to pay for what I like, I've always been that way and don't see the issue with me liking the new colors and the pricing system. Trust me I would love free hair colors, but if I need to pay to get them I will since that lets TN know that they should invest in more stuff like that.

And I'm not going after you, I have no real reason to and I don't have any issues with you either, I was just generalizing in my post what I'm seeing and it does bother me seeing people only complain, especially one person here who isn't you but I'm not gonna be messy about it since I'm not here for that. I understand people have issues with the game since I do as well but I just get peeved when people aren't looking at the positives

And thank you for being respectful, that's all I ask.

SaihateDYNAMO

The forum was definitely popping during like the golden days of DoA5-DoA5U-DoA5LR. Those were really good times on the forum :) ( and around about the time of DOA5U was when I joined iirc ;) )

Wow just you saying that reminded me of that "DOA5U Casual Thread (^.^)" again. That thread used to be HILARIOUS but stayed getting closed/cleaned.

---
I would kill for the forums to get back to that level of fun and activity again (minus all the trolling and disagreements of course), but first DOA6 has to get itself right by the fanbase again. You guys can't deny that this is THE most polarizing DOA game ever when it comes to both competitive and casual players, and it shows judging by the number of players leaving to go play Tekken or something and the fact that practically no one outside of the obvious DOA fan twitter spaces and FSD actually talks about DOA6, almost as if the game never happened.

The fans that are out here still supporting the game, and at this point simply hopping online to play is good enough support as is, can't be the only ones holding this game/series up. TN/KT has to do something to keep people talking and to bring new players in. DOA5 Vanilla with all of it's faults kept people playing because it was clear that TN actually cared about this game. Some of us aren't feeling that way with 6 at all due to all of the cheap recycled content but Tamaki and the hair colors might be a very very very slight sign that they're trying to at least pick up the pieces of the ball they dropped.

TLDR: Good Game = Happy Community.

And also damn I kinda got ninja'd. The post two posts above mine pretty much said what I said but better lol

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Wow just you saying that reminded me of that "DOA5U Casual Thread (^.^)" again. That thread used to be HILARIOUS but stayed getting closed/cleaned.

---
I would kill for the forums to get back to that level of fun and activity again (minus all the trolling and disagreements of course), but first DOA6 has to get itself right by the fanbase again. You guys can't deny that this is THE most polarizing DOA game ever when it comes to both competitive and casual players, and it shows judging by the number of players leaving to go play Tekken or something and the fact that practically no one outside of the obvious DOA fan twitter spaces and FSD actually talks about DOA6, almost as if the game never happened.

The fans that are out here still supporting the game, and at this point simply hopping online to play is good enough support as is, can't be the only ones holding this game/series up. TN/KT has to do something to keep people talking and to bring new players in. DOA5 Vanilla with all of it's faults kept people playing because it was clear that TN actually cared about this game. Some of us aren't feeling that way with 6 at all due to all of the cheap recycled content but Tamaki and the hair colors might be a very very very slight sign that they're trying to at least pick up the pieces of the ball they dropped.

TLDR: Good Game = Happy Community.

And also damn I kinda got ninja'd. The post two posts above mine pretty much said what I said but better lol
I hope with Tamaki coming it'll shake the game up which it should since we haven't had any new characters since Kula and even then she's been a pretty split character but at least it isn't like Naotora who was super controversial xD Mai and Momiji and Rachel have their fans but I think people just want more since they're basically DOA5LR 2.0 versions of how they played and people just want something new that's not a guest character or something already seen

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Activity has been better at FSD than it has been in months according to page views, and some have said "this has never happened before" but that is a little far-fetched... especially if you were part of the community during the 8 years there wasn't a main game or the DOAD era.

I've heard "There's nothing for tournaments" and that's not true either. Just yesterday Dead or Alive 6 beat Mortal Kombat 11 for views on their own Kombat Network, and today's forced player cap of 32 players was viewed by almost 1,000 people despite being a repeat tournament of NEC 20's roster. Wait until Final Round next - all the veterans will be there.

Heard "Every Forum has a Off-Topic" and so does this one. There is a section at the top of the forum that allows for that. As far as OT within Dead or Alive, that is a Discord functionality and is not constructive in this environment. FSD will not budge on this even if it was popular vote because we have never cared about being popular or get paid by the clicks.

FSD is a forum for constructive Dead or Alive conversation with front page news story and matchmaking options. You know what else is popular by choice? Advertisements which a lot of people think should be done, but we are not investing in that either and make it ad-free. We promote Dead or Alive and the wheel is going to keep spinning regardless of who thinks the series is popular or how we should be doing things.

Keep things on-topic because this conversation is getting pretty out there and this topic is about Team NINJA's tweets: not your screeds, rants & wild speculations. What some of you want is for FSD to become DOA World; and it will not ever become that.

Last edited:

Boogie

honestly the fan base is split because DoA6 is a premature ejaculation of a game, they should've waited but instead they're giving us DoA5LR Pt.2 The Remix with slightly better graphics and hardly no interesting stages. i mean even the costume contest is only showing off 6 characters (this month?) and we have no idea if the other characters are gonna get outfits from the contest or if they picked 6 winners and went "WELL THAT WAS FUN!", not to mention 3 of the characters have outfits by the same artist because the artist drew them as a set.

anyways, the game deserves its criticism just as much as its praise and right now, we have a lot to complain about. i mean the hair color changing thing is cool. finally i can turn diego and rig into anime maluma clones with blonde hair but like idk.

i agree, good game = happy community.

if they would've just held on for like another year at least? idk idk.

werewolfgold

All I can say is that in this particular instance, just as Tekken deserved to get clowned on for trying to charge for frame data info, the situation is now reversed. Tekken and SC let me do whatever I want with the hair colors, outfit colors, etc., just for booting up the game.

IIRC, you can get 2 tickets for $1.99. Meaning that you're looking at another 30 bones to change all the characters' hair. But is it just a one time deal? Can you change the hair an unlimited amount of times once you purchase it? Does one ticket let you change the color for all the hairstyle's a character may have or would it be one ticket per hairstyle? We'll have to see how it's implemented. But even in the best case scenario, I can't see it as anything except for putting the game in the spotlight again for charging exorbitant cosmetic fees (for costumes packs that people bought in the last game no less).

And the thing is, I'd be semi-okay with that if it seemed like they gave a shit about the game besides taking money from thirsty fanboys. From a business standpoint, great idea perhaps. But, for example, how long have people been asking for more stages? (Let alone, the stage variants in the game people can't use.) Does people buying these reprint and copypasta costumes go toward that? Or will it just go toward more fetish outfits in a never-ending cycle?

How much extra money do I have to give them to add Team Battle? Or to fix the neck seams or make Busa's DOA2 outfit actually fit his body? Or give Diego an extra default outfit (cause he only has 1.5 of them as it is). Or for Diego's ninja outfit to fit his face or not delete his scars? Do the moves in the game even have names yet? How many Bison Dollars I gotta give them to stop being so sloppy? lol

Those things are small potatoes in the long run, but so is changing a characters' hair color. My philosophy on this stuff has always been pretty simple. If there's rudimentary stuff that's faulty in the game, you gotta deal with that first before you crank out Season Pass #...what number are we on? lol

I just want to be assured that they care...in general.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So you fully agreed with a post that disputes there is a dwindeling number of fans and that claims that it is only particularly me and a few others that are just overly negative...and a while later you describe yourself a massive loss of participants in this forum and in general the DOA community. Right...

It's also not just in this forum. You should see other forums that had a thriving DOA community going on for years. They are pretty much dead at this point. Nobody is writing there anymore, nobody is playing the game anymore. It especially sucks, because I made DOA6 graphics for all characters and stages for a DOA6 topic in another big forum and while excitement for the game was pretty big all the months leading up to its release, a few months after release hardly anyone posted there anymore, and DOA had a lively undisrupted discussion there for years. This never happened before. It's sad...and not just because I made the graphics for nothing. ;)

So I guess you are talking to me again even though you are apparently wary of directly replying to me or tagging me? Hi. :) Wow, it's been a long time...

There is definitely a number of dwindling fans. You may in general want to disagree with me on everything, but come on, it is fairly obvious. You guys are being like:

source.gif

I do get it though. I have become so disappointed of DOA6, of the game itself, of its marketing and KTs future plans for it that I am admittedly often negative and I guess I try to mask that by making fun of the whole situation, and I do get that this is super annoying to the people that are actually fine with the current situation.
I am equally annoyed by people like that to be honest. As a very wise forumer has recently said though, and you seemed to agree with him at least, let different people have different opinions, there's no reason to go after eachother personally.

I will dial down the sarcasm in this news thread. It has maybe been a bit much in the last couple of days. I also did make my last post before properly checking how the pricing is handled. Thanks for that info and I guess 1 buck for 16 hair color options for one character is acceptable, even though for free would have been the actually fair thing to still loyal fans of the series (and to all fans not just on PS4). I might actually purchase a couple of hair color sets for a few of my faves though.

Don't blame you lol. I wouldn't take them serious, shit I don't lol. The mindset to those very small members is usually the typical "It's time for me to become a knight and therefore, defend what's wrong with the game and looking for clout. Fight for the sham I say" because clearly they fight for the holy sun lol.

"How dare ye promote this other game in this land!". Oh please lololol as if TN isn't already promoting other outside characters in their own games. But I say, let those small 1-3 people be shallow. You are good Tyaren.

All I can say is that in this particular instance, just as Tekken deserved to get clowned on for trying to charge for frame data info

I use to make fun of any game for having that option turned off, but I will say that Michael Murray (who is now the producer of Tekken) has mentioned that if the accessibility of frame data been positive and have been used, they will ensure to try to make it free on any future installments (otherwise they'd be meme'd for it again). Debatable on their word for it though, one minute they'll say it's free and then it's not LEL, but Harada isn't calling the shots for it's gameplay concepts anymore now that he's stepped down from gameplay talks and lets Murray do it. Murray handles all frame data talks.

But because a huge massive side do not use training modes, there is a chance that it will be charged again. DOA falls into this category as well where a huge chunk of players do not use the game's training mode which is in a similar boat to Tekken's side for that reason, Harada believes it's wasted content. I can't blame him, but at the same time these are things that must remain in a game at all times no matter how much of it is not used. It "has" to be there. Otherwise, no one isn't going to truly grow except the ones who's been playing for years. Luckily DOA isn't influenced by "that", as there shouldn't be a thing called 'wasted content' for a game's training mode.

If Harada was a director for DOA, DOA would be charged as well because technically it's no different. No one is a saint for that matter, but props to DOA for not following a ridiculous philosophy.

Last edited:

Dionysus

Tamaki is to be shown on the XVV livestream on the 25th.
Also the outfit dlc is out on Australian psn. Gust set is 52.95, Ryza is 13.45 AUD. There’s a set of both for 59.95. For comparison the witches and workout sets were 37.95 while the body suits were 67.95 in AUD. Since the patch isn’t up I don’t know if they’ll be 3 tickets each again though.

P2p1mbs

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't even need to look at the last round versions of these to tell these are inferior to those. Especially if Phase 4's doesn't transform (I imagine its because they would have to "censor" it like they did with Rachel's fiend outfit :rolleyes:).
I don't think it's censorship more or so than laziness xD I don't see why they would need to censor anything since even the Sci fi pack was pretty revealing imo.

It's a disappointment tho since that transformation was the only reason I bought the dlc in LR >.>

RetroMe91

I do think it is lame that they used this Gust set in the season pass as if it’s new content, like they did the ninja costumes in the 2nd season pass, when they should have made it a “revival” pack. I will say, IMO, that the Gust pack was one of my favorite dlc from 5, but it also shouldn’t be used in the season pass if it’s recycled. I do like the Ryza costumes though and think they are applicable to the season pass. They should have given Diego that main dude’s costume though. Missed opportunity IMO, especially with them adding a way to make hair colors different. Oh well.

Unpopular opinion, but I actually didn’t care for the secondary costume given to Phase-4 in 5’s gust set. I just thought it was a silly excuse to show more skin. I like the first costume of it better. maybe that’s why I wasn’t worried about the transformation. Haha.

I still haven’t bought this season pass. I’m kinda weary to buy it since I’m not sure it’s worth it yet. I’ll have to add the costs up once I see Tamaki, her debut costumes, and the contest winners. I liked the sci-fi pack. The only thing in this season pass this far that I find a bit lame is the Gust dlc, but only because it’s recycled content that they want to pass as new. I mean Lisa’s bunny maid costume though still looks good. Haha

(also, I am now going to stay on topic since it was asked that we do, so I won’t be going back to our previous discussion, but if you want me to finalize my thoughts on the matter, feel free to message me directly.)

KwonJigglypuff

So...
It's the same costumes, you still can't remove the equipment, the transformation mechanic is gone.. and it's not "revival" ?

Please don't tell me the price is higher compared to the DOA5 version. :')

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD