Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Dr PaC

I agree with both points. At this point we kinda have to ask ourselves, "What is the point of having a DOA6U?". When there's an ultimate version of a game, usually that means that it's expanding on what was on that previous game. But what exactly will DOA6U be expanding on? Whenever you think of other DOA games, they have an identity; there was a goal in mind when creating those games. Whether or not fans actually liked what direction those said games were going is a different matter, but I guess that's a completely different conversation.

DOA6 doesn't really have anything to build on; there's nothing that makes it stand out along with the other games in the DOA series. There was no polish, no direction, no nothing. If TN would actually be interested in making a good DOA game, that's all well and good. But at this point, they're not. They're interested in Nioh 2, and in the new IP. Making DOA6U would be the same thing as last time; making a half-hearted game because they feel like they're required to, instead of wanting to. I think repeatedly asking for DOA6U just to have a new game is the wrong way to go. I also think that having the attitude of, "Well, it doesn't matter anyway, people are still going to buy DOA6U no matter what" is detrimental to the quality of the next DOA in the short run and the DOA series in the long run. When it gets to the point where accepting mediocrity just because it's the norm, I think any gaming series would be considered dead on arrival by a majority of people. Instead, TN should focus on what actually interests them right now, then work on a DOA sequel when the team as a whole feels more inspired.
I agree with this. Rather than exporting the game to a C list team to work on their game again with DOA6U, TN should just come back to DOA when they're inspired and ready. However long that might be.
If they would have given Ninja Gaiden the same treatment they did to DOA6, I would've been sick.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
39F2C6BA-F7A9-4D46-9E4E-9809258FAE82.gif

Kasumi-Phase-X

Not a TN update, but rather a KT one

Says they are excited with the new hardware, but are they more excited to find new and improved ways to nab your wallet with hardly any effort for mass improvements View attachment 30990

Their likely to find new ways of milking your wallet with less effort to put huge amount of effort. We got DOA6 Hair Color System & DOAVV Paid V Stones (which are separate from regular V Stones you collect from the game itself).

TOBMAST3R

I do really hope, they have learned from the DoA6 disaster!

- Season Pass prices lowered to 60 percent. (they should take not from the "biggies", like Tekken/MK/SFV)
- content rich from the beginning
- quality (polished graphics and bug testing BEFORE offering updates)
- all gameplay modes from the start
- create the game in Japan, not outsource it to China.
- take time to polish the characters, for example (individual animations for "Power Blow", like we had in DOA5).
In DOA6, the "special" looks nearly the same for most of the cast.
- listen to the freakin fan feedback! Don't start listening, when it's already too late!

Well, the list is long, but this is just a start.

I guess, the next DOA will also have some low res objects, that belong to the PS2 or even PS1 era. For example grass, flowers or some textures are still so pixelated. I don't want to see something like this again in a new DOA game. :( Hopefully TN will show passion, love and respect for it's own IP in the future. They should treat it the right way. Yeah, money is attractive and important, but they should try their BEST they can to let the brand glow up in the future.

Please don't create a cheap port to PS5 / XSX. This is my last wish...

UpSideDownGRUNT

See, a lot of the problems DOA6 has isn't Team Ninja's fault(equally as much is though tbf) but stuff like unfinished characters, animations, content etc. are all pretty much due to the game's low budget and very short development time. Evidence seems to point that DOA6 in it's entirety was developed in roughly around 18 months so basically that E3 demo was pretty much very likely the first playable pre-alpha build of the game.

It's okay to want content sen in previous games but tag mode, costumes, characters etc. require a budget to make and if KoeiTecmo doesn't give DOA Team what they need to make a good, content rich and polished game then that will never happen. DOA6 didn't have any of that and had to be outsourced because very likely in development a lot of the DOA team were called up to help Nioh 2's development the TN game KT actually cares about lol

Kasumi-Phase-X

The next DOA fighter should borrow everything that previously came from DOA5 & DOAX3/Venus Vacation.

More risque outfits options (also features) like DOA5 had for some examples:

Maybe make the game Japan/Asia exclusive with their systems Switch & PC, if KT/TN still interest in PS5 give other systems (Switch/PC) more outfits & features like DOAX3 Scarlet.

The way they advertise/promote their game should be similar to what DOAX3/Venus Vacation when their new features or new characters just replace volleyball gameplay with characters fighting and doing combos.

Hair color they should either being able to keep your hair color if you bought it (like costumes) or have something similar to Nioh 2 customization.

If they did all that, I would be spending money on a DOA fighter title whether its a full price game (with $92 Season Passes) or another gacha game.

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
The next DOA fighter should borrow everything that previously came from DOA5 & DOAX3/Venus Vacation.

More risque outfits options (also features) like DOA5 had for some examples:

Maybe make the game Japan/Asia exclusive with their systems Switch & PC, if KT/TN still interest in PS5 give other systems (Switch/PC) more outfits & features like DOAX3 Scarlet.

The way they advertise/promote their game should be similar to what DOAX3/Venus Vacation when their new features or new characters just replace volleyball gameplay with characters fighting and doing combos.

Hair color they should either being able to keep your hair color if you bought it (like costumes) or have something similar to Nioh 2 customization.

If they did all that, I would be spending money on a DOA fighter title whether its a full price game (with $92 Season Passes) or another gacha game.
So just copy and paste pretty much.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Can we keep the DOAX and DOA fighting series separate. What does the fighting game series need from the Xseries? The only thing the X series has to offer are swimsuits and more girls. I don’t think the fighting series needs that. Seriously, I’ve seen so many swimsuits in DOA that it’s not even cool to have anymore.

fan service is fine, but it’s a fighting game first and foremost and bikinis and chicks shouldn’t be the main priority. There’s a reason why Itagaki made the DOAX series. To keep them separate.

Kasumi-Phase-X

Can we keep the DOAX and DOA fighting series separate. What does the fighting game series need from the Xseries? The only thing the X series has to offer are swimsuits and more girls. I don’t think the fighting series needs that. Seriously, I’ve seen so many swimsuits in DOA that it’s not even cool to have anymore.

fan service is fine, but it’s a fighting game first and foremost and bikinis and chicks shouldn’t be the main priority. There’s a reason why Itagaki made the DOAX series. To keep them separate.

The part on what the fighting game needs from Xtreme is something I mentioned on what they need which swimsuits and girls aren't the only ones Xtreme has (which fighting game has in their collection, and your not completely wrong thinking thats all they had), its their methods on how their game gets released.

1. Being only released in Japan/Asia: When DOAX3 was in development there was talks that this game wasn't going to be coming to US/EU one of the reasons involved regional differences from this interview:

"Regarding the reason for the previous announcement that it was only launched in Asia, Hayashi said that after the official release of "Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball 3", there were comments from sales branches in various countries. Among them, companies in Europe and the United States expressed many doubts and considered the national conditions of each country. Different, so I decided to focus on sales in Asia first, and there are no plans to launch in Europe and America at the moment."

And when it was official it wasn't coming out in the West their were these reasons:

Had been updated with this:
Which after there were no plans for US/EU release of DOAX3 (whatever excuses was made), they were only available via importing which consoles are region free so you could play any game from different region with your US/EU system.

2. Having console exclusive content: When DOAX3 Scarlet was announced, there is a comparison of what each version was going to offer:

One of the outfits was not included in the PS4 release:

DOA6 technically has exclusives which Hayabusa Green Outfit (Xbox One Exclusive) & Ticket System/Hair Color (PS4)

DOA6 doesn't compare to what DOAX3 Scarlet has. Ideally Rachel's Fiend costume (bare skin) could've been available other consoles except PS4 instead of what Fiend costume became.

After how DOA6 was handled along with it being an inferior version of DOA5, this to the point where they could be taking pages from Xtreme brand. Fighting game could be exactly like DOA5 previously had, but all we be doing is importing or using VPN just to install the game (like I had to do for DOAVV).

PS. Venus Vacation had other types of outfits besides swimsuits (Pajamas, Shrine Maiden, Haruhi Suzumiya outfits etc.)

UpSideDownGRUNT

What exactly is your point trying to make? that DOA games should only be in Asia and Japan in the future? that DOA should be a FG on Sony consoles only?

Your post makes almost zero sense. And if you're implying Rachel's fiend costume was changed because Sony made them change it I don't know what to tell you cuz IF that was the case there's a few costumes that wouldn't exist as they do in the game on ALL platforms like Christie's Dominatrix costume which shows just as much skin as the fiend costume does that have black latex covering the exposed parts? No... it was an artistic decision by TN themselves.

Now they might have changed it just to be safe but it 100% definitely wasn't because of that otherwise like you say it would have been "uncensored" on other platforms but it's the same on everything except PC thanks to mods.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
The part on what the fighting game needs from Xtreme is something I mentioned on what they need which swimsuits and girls aren't the only ones Xtreme has (which fighting game has in their collection, and your not completely wrong thinking thats all they had), its their methods on how their game gets released.

1. Being only released in Japan/Asia: When DOAX3 was in development there was talks that this game wasn't going to be coming to US/EU one of the reasons involved regional differences from this interview:

"Regarding the reason for the previous announcement that it was only launched in Asia, Hayashi said that after the official release of "Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball 3", there were comments from sales branches in various countries. Among them, companies in Europe and the United States expressed many doubts and considered the national conditions of each country. Different, so I decided to focus on sales in Asia first, and there are no plans to launch in Europe and America at the moment."

And when it was official it wasn't coming out in the West their were these reasons:

Had been updated with this:
Which after there were no plans for US/EU release of DOAX3 (whatever excuses was made), they were only available via importing which consoles are region free so you could play any game from different region with your US/EU system.

2. Having console exclusive content: When DOAX3 Scarlet was announced, there is a comparison of what each version was going to offer:

One of the outfits was not included in the PS4 release:

DOA6 technically has exclusives which Hayabusa Green Outfit (Xbox One Exclusive) & Ticket System/Hair Color (PS4)

DOA6 doesn't compare to what DOAX3 Scarlet has. Ideally Rachel's Fiend costume (bare skin) could've been available other consoles except PS4 instead of what Fiend costume became.

After how DOA6 was handled along with it being an inferior version of DOA5, this to the point where they could be taking pages from Xtreme brand. Fighting game could be exactly like DOA5 previously had, but all we be doing is importing or using VPN just to install the game (like I had to do for DOAVV).

PS. Venus Vacation had other types of outfits besides swimsuits (Pajamas, Shrine Maiden, Haruhi Suzumiya outfits etc.)
TL;DR. DOAX’s marketing really isn’t superior to that of the fighting series. Again, what does a DOAX offer to the fighting series except girls and swimsuits?

Kasumi-Phase-X

What exactly is your point trying to make? that DOA games should only be in Asia and Japan in the future? that DOA should be a FG on Sony consoles only?

Your post makes almost zero sense. And if you're implying Rachel's fiend costume was changed because Sony made them change it I don't know what to tell you cuz IF that was the case there's a few costumes that wouldn't exist as they do in the game on ALL platforms like Christie's Dominatrix costume which shows just as much skin as the fiend costume does that have black latex covering the exposed parts? No... it was an artistic decision by TN themselves.

Now they might have changed it just to be safe but it 100% definitely wasn't because of that otherwise like you say it would have been "uncensored" on other platforms but it's the same on everything except PC thanks to mods.

The point I'm making is DOA fighter brand would be handled much better if it was given similar treatment to how DOAX brand was given (since DOAX3) when they were only being released in Japan/Asia than when DOA6 was available for International audience based on the way each brands were handled from development to DLC. With games being only released for Switch & PC (DMM Games & Steam).

Rachel Fiend Costume has little to do with Sony at that point considering DOAX3 Scarlet came out which had certain content removed from PS4 release. The only thing relating to Playstation is how the fighter brand should handled with costumes like Fiend Costume (bare skin) being only available for PC & Xbox One while Playstation 4 gets less content (if TN/KT still tend to release it on Playstation brand).

PS. I don't recommend counting PC based on fact you can mod the game, since your modifying the game. If you were to count PC it has to be extra content made by developers & publishers.

TL;DR. DOAX’s marketing really isn’t superior to that of the fighting series. Again, what does a DOAX offer to the fighting series except girls and swimsuits?

What DOAX offers is methods from being only available for Japan/Asia, and extra content not seen in Playstation versions.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD