Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

FakeSypha

I think DOA as a FG is dead. The fap version of DOA is hugely popular (in Asia mostly) and makes tons of money for Team Ninja. Core Fighters and selling costumes for ridiculous prices are also somewhat profitable. However, a fully fledged FG with a competitive balance in mind? Nah, I don't see that happen. The game sadly doesn't have that kind of support. It had its peak in DOA5, which was in the right direction. They rushed DOA6 and fucked up big time.

human013

Screenshot (73).png

I was not expecting this much of a gap to be honest. Sure, there may be more people on PS4 but I doubt the total number of people playing DOA6 is anywhere close to DOAX. The issue was also the mechanics they added. Nothing was exciting.

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
So the spin off game will save the main game? It sounds like people want VV to be the main doa game and forget about the fg which came first. Maybe i'm not getting it?

Onryoki

Standard Donor
So the spin off game will save the main game? It sounds like people want VV to be the main doa game and forget about the fg which came first. Maybe i'm not getting it?
No, you’re totally getting it. They deliberately ruined the fighting franchise

onelasttime

Would you guys ever be interested in a fighting release that is all girls? Like if all the new XVV girls took the movesets of the guys in DOA

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I mean, on a fair note it makes sense to a degree ^, as well as VV ironically. There is a lot of risks in making fighting games. The competition between every other fighter in drawing people in to play the games, balancing etc.

Why make a fighting game when you can make an action-adventure game that appeals to a massive ton of people?

Last edited:

human013

All these good comparisons mind if i compare SFV to Fornite.
DOA6 vs DOAX. Both from the same series yet one is dead and the other is not. One died reletively instantly while the other managed to draw people in. One had more time and effort allocated to it at DOAFES while the other was an afterthought.

If SFV and Fortnite somehow have a connection then sure.

oh people make it seems that Doa VV is the better fighting game from all these comparisons.
1. No one said DOAX was a fighting game.
2. DOA6, and DOA in general, is nothing to brag about.

By the looks of it? Yes. Numbers do not lie. Why was a DOAX character added instead of DOA character? Without DOAX all you have is a dead DOA6 that no one wants to touch. It doesn't matter which game came first because one is dead and the other is thriving. No one really cares about which DOA game is the main game, and it's not the people's fault the DOA fighting games are so forgettable. Also, no one said they wanted VV to be the main DOA game so you probably aren't getting it.

DOA was ruined the moment the first DOAX game released so if there's anyone to blame it's the guy who made that game.

VV will keep the DOA IP alive
VV currently is doing exactly that. Unless DOA6 is somehow keeping the series alive and people just don't know it.
Would you guys ever be interested in a fighting release that is all girls? Like if all the new XVV girls took the movesets of the guys in DOA
I was neutral towards SC5 so if they did that for a new DOA then I wouldn't mind. All I care about now is for it to look good and play well.

with all the money they make with xtreme and vv they could make a collaboration of Virtua Fighter and DOA Fighter game.
I don't think anyone would want to collaborate with DOA because it will only hurt them. Collab are suppose to help the game and make people take interest. And you can see how all the current fighting games are pretty much buddy buddy with each other except for DOA.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Fuck no. Gender bending everybody and completely break down established characters to please the fap community is just sad. DOA players and fans in general need to accept that the male characters are just as much a part of DOA as the female cast.

Uberprinny

Its only a good idea on paper. It wont sell well in the west with lunatics and cancel culture running the show now.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD