Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I wonder what Itagaki thinks of Harada's "shoutout" lol

They both are good friends, so it's normal stuff.

---------------------------------

Some news by Mochi, he's a great guy.

Translated:

"Thank you for your viewing! It's painful that DOA can't provide new information, but this kind of connection can create an opportunity, so I hope we can continue our activities as much as possible. I look forward to working with you. "

Vote for VF player Mochi.

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
116129011_290788609011586_5539724765286017382_n.jpg

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I’ve expected nothing, and that’s exactly what he have gotten. It feels good that TN is finally meeting my expectations for once.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Yasuda's face at the bottom left LEL

But real talk, the fact that they hinted for more gathering meetups in the future is amazing. As it should be.

Also the good news for the DOA community is that DOA isn't exactly dead. Shimbori hinted that they still want to do more, just not right now. DOA series will still be a thing, so any thoughts about ending the series is not an actual thing.

Last edited:

Kasumi-Phase-X

Also the good news for the DOA community is that DOA isn't exactly dead. Shimbori hinted that they still want to do more, just not right now. DOA series will still be a thing, so any thoughts about ending the series is not an actual thing.

With a brand like DOA, this franchise is still too valuable for it to die (unlike every other 3D fighters not from Bandai Namco that met their decline) especially how long DOA5 lasted in DLC support (including everyone's favorite $92 Season Passes), and the support DOAXVV is getting. I would be curious on if DOA fighter was to come back, what direction would they go?

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
With a brand like DOA, this franchise is still too valuable for it to die (unlike every other 3D fighters not from Bandai Namco that met their decline) especially how long DOA5 lasted in DLC support (including everyone's favorite $92 Season Passes), and the support DOAXVV is getting. I would be curious on if DOA fighter was to come back, what direction would they go?

What KT wants them to do. But knowing how jp Devs act either they will listen to feedback or ignore it which they are good at. The formula isn't really that hard to understand when you can look at your fello 3d fighters and do the same thing if not even better.

Leifang

I was hoping for something, at same time keeping my expectation low. Thankfully I wasn’t disappointed. The feedback I gave Koei Tecmo and TeamNinja on Twitter. I hope they reconsider them. Another thing, Itagaki was shown, maybe this means, he could have some involvement for the future of DOA. Only time will tell...

Onryoki

Standard Donor
What KT wants them to do. But knowing how jp Devs act either they will listen to feedback or ignore it which they are good at. The formula isn't really that hard to understand when you can look at your fello 3d fighters and do the same thing if not even better.
DOA6’s team isn’t very bright... otherwise they would’ve used that formula.
I was hoping for something, at same time keeping my expectation low. Thankfully I wasn’t disappointed. The feedback I gave Koei Tecmo and TeamNinja on Twitter. I hope they reconsider them. Another thing, Itagaki was shown, maybe this means, he could have some involvement for the future of DOA. Only time will tell...
That was Harada throwing shade at the current DOA team, for fucking up the franchise.

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor

A picture of Itagaki from google images was shown and put on facecam by harada. I could do the same with my printer paper so idk how that counts as involvement lol.

Leifang

A picture of Itagaki from google images was shown and put on facecam by harada. I could do the same with my printer paper so idk how that counts as involvement lol.
I thought it was a tease, like Itagaki might comeback. However, I didn’t expect it’s to be an insulting tease. I misunderstood Harada rude joke.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I mean.... Harada and Itagaki were rivals and they both respect each other and the series they created. Harada liked DOA, but even he thinks the way DOA is going downhill is ridiculous. I can’t imagine the shame Itagaki must feel knowing the series he created became a joke over the last 2 instalments.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Here's that moment again in this reaction video from emeryreigns (who also saw it as a disappointed Itagaki), it's 5m and 15s in, in case the timestamp doesn't work:

This happened just after Shimbori was promoting their KoF dlc (Mai and Kula). Before he showed the Itagaki pic, apparently Harada mockingly said to them, "adding no Kuma, only padded Kula?". Kuma, for anyone here who doesn't play Tekken, is a Tekken fighter. You could read that as him joking "You guys have no Tekken guest characters, I'm disappointed". Then he put up a picture of Itagaki, followed by another picture of Hayashi.

I don't think it's entirely right to assume or read what you want into what Harada did, at least not without a grain of salt. We'll never know his exact intention unless he tells us. Knowing the history of Harada and Tekken's relationship with TN/Itagaki and DOA, even if he meant it as "using Itagaki's disapproving face" (Itagaki always looks the same, how can you tell he's disappointed? lol), it was most likely all in good fun. Whatever he meant, the sheer irony is just hilarious to me. Harada was always seen as a rival or even enemy to Itagaki in the past by a lot of people, so seeing him bring Itagaki into the stream like that was just pure gold from that perspective, I don't know how else to put it. It was probably my favorite moment from the stream.

Aside from that, Harada was actually being pretty chummy with Shimbori and Mochi, and was encouraging all the FG developers to work more with eachother and help eachother out, so it doesn't make sense that he was just trying to maliciously kick them while they were down. Tbh, before the event I was crossing my fingers that someone, most likely Harada, would actually directly question Shimbori and ask straight up "What the hell happened, guys? We want to see DoA prosper too, so what's the issue??".

Even if Harada meant it to be an angry Itagaki face (and Hayashi face) in response to DoA6 getting screwed up (rather than joking about there being no Tekken guest), I think that's great too... someone had to say something about it, even if it had to be in a roundabout way like that. It was great that KT/TN was there to represent DoA, but it was clearly an elephant in the "room" (virtual room?) that they were the only ones there promoting a dead/zombie game.

Also interesting, and a bit disappointing actually, to watch that again and realize everyone was already laughing at the miraculous effect of when Shimbori put the picture of Tamaki up the the camera and the background of the pic went transparent, so I guess it was like Shimbori had turned into Tamaki, lol. So they were already laughing before Harada put Itagaki's face up.

Last edited:

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
It's a joke but he did show more devs like mori/Blazblue hayashi/TN ono/Capcom and everyone was having a good time. Also alot of people here don't like itagaki if i recall correctly so him really coming back would of been a bigger blow up tbh. I think overall harada was saying where is everyone else at the round table since they are missing more devs from the discussion. And the stream was very boring as they tried to bounce around the rollback question we needed something not to sleep lol.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Yeah I forgot about that too, he was showing pics of a lot of absent devs. Harada was just having fun with that being his shtick during the stream, apparently. It's probably just a crazy coincidence that a lot of fans can read it so convincingly like "The ghost of Itagaki suddenly appears to frown on today's Team Ninja in disappointment". We see it the way we want to see it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD