Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Anura

Like DestructionBomb said, a new edition of DOA6 is far more likely at this point. They can't monetize a fighting game like if it were a gacha. And they'll have a hard time selling DOA to the FGC, even if they release a fully featured game. Why would they invest in DOA7 now? Instead they could try to use DOA6U to win back the audience they already have and rely on word of mouth to prime people for future installments in the series.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I don't respect someone with zero balls. Itagaki is God and his stages for his games proved it.
So... in other words, you don’t respect Shimbori. Cuz, same. Harada has balls, he’s been standing up for his own game since the beginning and even sometimes roasts fans who are being obnoxious to the point he has to wear a “ Don’t ask me for shit” shirt.

Shimbori better ti stay out from DOA in future. Even Hayashi with milking of DOA5 was better. Game existed for 5 years, we didn't have any break until break before doa6 announcement. And DOAXVV has a big chance to exist for a long time like doa5s. The game had a chance to be supported until the end of the year or maybe more (couple of months after) . But stupid and greedy KT decisions killed it. I don't believe that TN invented such type of scheme for hair color. Game didn't get good profit, KT scheme didn't work and they decided to close game ASAP
Shimbori also worked on DOA5.... so what’s your point sis? You blame Shimbori for shit KT does. Blame Shimbori for the shit he does, aka making DOA look stupid at EVO Japan.

Chisa

Instead they could try to use DOA6U to win back the audience they already have and rely on word of mouth to prime people for future installments in the series.

It just feels like their audience is getting tired of DOA6. I dont see people coming back for a port since new consoles are coming. And this break will just push people to move forward too. Any ideas what they could do to make DOA6 appeal to their audience again?

Anura

It just feels like their audience is getting tired of DOA6. I dont see people coming back for a port since new consoles are coming. And this break will just push people to move forward too. Any ideas what they could do to make DOA6 appeal to their audience again?
They could:
- Add new characters. Maybe bring back Leon and Gen Fu. And include fat!Tengu as a 'joke' character, like the bears in Tekken.
- Add Tag mode. The new consoles should have enough RAM to handle it.
- Add more interesting stages.
- Improve the 'netcode'.
- Take feedback from the competitive community when reworking the gameplay mechanics.
- Avoid nickel-and-diming their audience.
- Sell bundles containing all the DLC characters released during a given year at a discounted price.
- Sell costumes that fit each character specifically.

marussya

So... in other words, you don’t respect Shimbori. Cuz, same. Harada has balls, he’s been standing up for his own game since the beginning and even sometimes roasts fans who are being obnoxious to the point he has to wear a “ Don’t ask me for shit” shirt.

Shimbori also worked on DOA5.... so what’s your point sis? You blame Shimbori for shit KT does. Blame Shimbori for the shit he does, aka making DOA look stupid at EVO Japan.
But Hayashi was the main figure in that time. He also was /still responsible for DOAX3/DOAXVV.

marussya

It's possible. It's a whole year. Might even be sooner.
I suppose to be wrong but it MAYBE February (I don't know how I come up with idea). Someone can says that's too early, I agree. But announcement doesn't mean release. Announcement can be just short teaser or something like that (image)
I remember that they made a post about 21th doa anniversary in the same day with Kasumi birthday (in 2017)
Situation and words from Shimbori while Roundtable reminds me *announcement* in the end of 2017 and we had to wait for 6 months (Dec 2017- Jun 18).now we have August I suppose + 6 months February.
I'm April we had just a written statement from them (not about a break, but about the end of game support)
In August Shimbori announced a break by himself

Last edited:

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
So TN/KT said that they are stopping support for Doa6 dlc wise. To now say they are taking a break and if the stream never happen this would of been hush for a long time. The communication with this company is very bad almost feels like solving a puzzle to unlock the truth. Tokyo game show is next month and if the team is on "break" then nothing doa related will appear. The hope should be they finally get off break and start communicating better, it feels like let's leave quietly before we get flamed by the community. I think we all better start becoming Doaxvv players so we can never be disappointed honestly lol.

onelasttime

I have absolutely no problem with them redoing DOA6 as long as it's done properly and the DLC fiasco gets fixed. Gameplay wasn't a problem to me, it was the utter disrespect of this community with overpriced DLC and stupid fucking hair colour dlc other greediness.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I have absolutely no problem with them redoing DOA6 as long as it's done properly and the DLC fiasco gets fixed. Gameplay wasn't a problem to me, it was the utter disrespect of this community with overpriced DLC and stupid fucking hair colour dlc other greediness.
The gameplay was also an issue among the competitive players. The mechanics favour mindless button mashing over actual skill. Breakholds are an unnecessary mechanic that’s just a big fuck you to the already fleshed our hold system. Breakblows suck too, as they can be used as a high damaging sabaki’s, but also as a combo extender. The ground game was ruined completely, it’s better now but still bad in my book. The combo scaling sucks as well, no long combo should do that little damage. The bounds into close hits being the only way to gain max damage sucks too.

human013

The audience is tired of DOA6. That's why people moved on and the higher ups knew it so they ended support. All DOA has to do is prioritize the fighting over the DLC. It's not that hard to figure out. Every other game does this but the people in charge just don't care.

- Add new characters. Maybe bring back Leon and Gen Fu. And include fat!Tengu as a 'joke' character, like the bears in Tekken.
Only add new characters. Bringing back old characters just makes DOA look lazy, especially after DOA6. Also, people here couldn't even handle an ""anime"" character and you think a joke character will be fine? Although, I want one in just to see FSD blow up again over nothing. Personally, I think a new joke character is a waste of space. DOA doesn't need to copy Tekken when it comes to that.
- Take feedback from the competitive community when reworking the gameplay mechanics.
This especially. If DOA is going to copy another fighting game then copy GG when it comes to this.
- Sell costumes that fit each character specifically.
I don't agree with this at all. DLC is one of the main issues with DOA that pushes people away. It isn't normal and only DOA people are fine with this. DOA needs to completely stop this and just launch with a bunch of costumes. The game will always be a joke as long as DOA people willingly support these practices. DOA6 had the right idea with the wardrobe mode but it was half assed which was a shame because some of those costumes looked good too.
- Avoid nickel-and-diming their audience.
For that to happen the audience needs to take a stand but that doesn't look like it will happen. The people who don't like to be nickeled and dimed don't play the game while the people who play the game happily accept it. This isn't aimed at you, but people can't complain about it and consistently consume it too nor can they blame it on Japan while doing exactly as they do.

I'm still surprised at the amount of praise Itagaki gets when he was the guy responsible for DOA1-4 and the DOAX series. Sure, he is "tough" but he is the one who made DOA's image what it is. The only thing I see him doing better are the stages. Other than that DOA still has the exact same reputation as before but now with shitty DLC practices added on. If he ever comes back to DOA, the game better be miles better than DOA5 and 6 because I just can't see how he would have excelled when I look at DOA1-4. Fanservice, anime, waifu, and not taken seriously as a fighter. Literally no difference from current DOA.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Only add new characters. Bringing back old characters just makes DOA look lazy, especially after DOA6. Also, people here couldn't even handle an ""anime"" character and you think a joke character will be fine? Although, I want one in just to see FSD blow up again over nothing. Personally, I think a new joke character is a waste of space. DOA doesn't need to copy Tekken when it comes to that.
People didn’t go crazy about NiCO for being “too anime”. People were annoyed by the fact that it seems to become a trend to make new characters look like marie rose clones with a different wig colour and slight different skin tone. TN has been very lazy with their character designs after DOA4. Nyotengu, Marie Rose and Tamaki are the only post DOA4 characters that actually have good design. The rest is just straight up lazy, and done before.

I don't agree with this at all. DLC is one of the main issues with DOA that pushes people away. It isn't normal and only DOA people are fine with this. DOA needs to completely stop this and just launch with a bunch of costumes. The game will always be a joke as long as DOA people willingly support these practices. DOA6 had the right idea with the wardrobe mode but it was half assed which was a shame because some of those costumes looked good too.
I think he meant more original DLC packs. Nobody is complaining about DLC costumes being sold, the main issues people have are that the costumes are fetish sets that are lazily designed and only for the female cast. The price of the costume packs and the price of the seasonpasses and the content containing it.

What would help is if they would release more costumes that are free, that could be purchased with the Zack Coins. What also would help is if they would dial down on the amount of costumes they release on a yearly basis. They could easily make 3 to 4 DLC packs a year for the entire cast containing cool individual designs for every character.

Anura

People have different definitions of what constitutes acceptable monetization. To some the very notion of DLC is a blight on the video game industry. Personally, I don't mind spending on DLC characters and cosmetics as long as they are reasonably priced and the game gets updates for a few years.

In the case of DOA6, I find most of the costumes uninspired and/or trashy, so I've only bought a few. Like Onryoki mentioned, I'd like to see more costumes that actually fit each character.

Also, I haven't spent a single dollar since they tried to rent hair colors and I'll wait before purchasing another DOA game, just to see if they learned something.

Regarding NiCO, while she isn't what I'd call an example of creative character design, I think she is OK. TN handled the character better than they did Marie Rose and Honkers. And since I know people who love those two that aren't any less interested in the fighting aspect than your average Tekken fan, I try not to complain too much... Still, the devs should keep the gravure stuff away from the promotional material for the west.

human013

People didn’t go crazy about NiCO for being “too anime”. People were annoyed by the fact that it seems to become a trend to make new characters look like marie rose clones with a different wig colour and slight different skin tone. TN has been very lazy with their character designs after DOA4. Nyotengu, Marie Rose and Tamaki are the only post DOA4 characters that actually have good design. The rest is just straight up lazy, and done before.
People did both. There were tons of complaints about her "anime" characteristics. The blue hair, lightning, pose, role in the story, too young to be an evil scientist, doesn't fit DOA etc. And I've said this before but the complaints you laid out can be applied to all the girls in the series and has always been a complaint people had about DOA even before DOA5. As for being lazy and done before, Kasumi the ninja in an outfit that looks similar to Mai, Leifang the chinese fighter in her chinese outfit, Jann lee the Bruce Lee character, Kasumi clones, Karate girl, karate guy, big wrestler in wrestling costume, and on and on. The majority of DOA's characters have been done before and they don't look any more interesting. Now, what other game has a Nico in their roster? Design wise and playstyle wise. No DOA character has gotten me excited with their design alone but Nico at least looks interesting and unique. There's no wow or shock factor in any of the DOA characters' designs. I have yet to see people go wild over DOA's character designs like how people go wild over GG's character designs.

I think he meant more original DLC packs. Nobody is complaining about DLC costumes being sold, the main issues people have are that the costumes are fetish sets that are lazily designed and only for the female cast. The price of the costume packs and the price of the seasonpasses and the content containing it.
I answered that from the POV of you guys wanting DOA to be respected and grow. People outside the community are explicitly complaining about the amount of DLC and its one of the reason people think this game is a joke. Even if TN creates quality DLC people are not going to warm up to it because of TN and DOA's current reputation. I know DOA people are fine with the DLCs. Also, you guys might complain but aren't you guys still buying it though? Otherwise this DLC practice wouldn't have caught on.

What would help is if they would release more costumes that are free, that could be purchased with the Zack Coins. What also would help is if they would dial down on the amount of costumes they release on a yearly basis. They could easily make 3 to 4 DLC packs a year for the entire cast containing cool individual designs for every character.
I would agree with you if this was before DOA6 released but reputation is extremely important and TN and DOA's reputation is in the gutter. They need to gain the people's trust first because everything they do now is basically a scam other people's eyes.

Personally, if we ignore trying to get people into DOA and making DOA look like a legitimate fighter, I want that too. Quality over quantity and be less scummy.

People have different definitions of what constitutes acceptable monetization. To some the very notion of DLC is a blight on the video game industry. Personally, I don't mind spending on DLC characters and cosmetics as long as they are reasonably priced and the game gets updates for a few years.

In the case of DOA6, I find most of the costumes uninspired and/or trashy, so I've only bought a few. Like Onryoki mentioned, I'd like to see more costumes that actually fit each character.

Also, I haven't spent a single dollar since they tried to rent hair colors and I'll wait before purchasing another DOA game, just to see if they learned something.

Regarding NiCO, while she isn't what I'd call an example of creative character design, I think she is OK. TN handled the character better than they did Marie Rose and Honkers. And since I know people who love those two that aren't any less interested in the fighting aspect than your average Tekken fan, I try not to complain too much... Still, the devs should keep the gravure stuff away from the promotional material for the west.
I assumed people here were still in the "we need to attract more people to DOA" phase so that's why I wrote what I wrote. If people are no loger worried about that then yeah, I agree with you. I don't care about what they do with DLC as long as the game is complete, competent in the fighting department, and is fun.

Kasumi-Phase-X

What KT wants them to do. But knowing how jp Devs act either they will listen to feedback or ignore it which they are good at. The formula isn't really that hard to understand when you can look at your fello 3d fighters and do the same thing if not even better.

Well KT would have to try to replicate DOA5 & DOAXVV success if they want to continue with their money practices (assuming they care about DOA or money). I would say the only one that was better was SCVI for what designs we could customize with (like Magic Knight SCLS, Female Pirate SCLS, Seraph's Armor etc.), and their Season Pass cost around $29.99-$33.99 (its good for people who wouldn't want to spend $92 Season Pass).

They can't monetize a fighting game like if it were a gacha.

They could monetize a fighting game like a gacha game but needs the right audience, and content to make it last for years.

Dr PaC

No the competitor to Doa6 is Doaxvv that game has 3,000 players active online, looks like it's a losing battle for doa6 already. How are we going to catch up to that who knows, when a side game beats the main line game it's very sad. I think alot of ppl are very upset they didn't get an announcement but Harada isn't to blame at all it's KT.
I find the fact that Harada would even bother to troll KT/TN is encouraging. He still sees the potential of DOA being a rival franchise and maybe this is his way of encouraging his competitor to try and be more competitive. I will always blame KT before for the game's decline before I would ever get mad at Harada. Let Nioh run it's course and get the main TN team back on the DOA they want to focus on making it better rather than putting out a DOA for numbers

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
I find the fact that Harada would even bother to troll KT/TN is encouraging. He still sees the potential of DOA being a rival franchise and maybe this is his way of encouraging his competitor to try and be more competitive. I will always blame KT before for the game's decline before I would ever get mad at Harada. Let Nioh run it's course and get the main TN team back on the DOA they want to focus on making it better rather than putting out a DOA for numbers

If that's the case then he sees everything as a competitor, cause he trolls its players on twitter all the time. Also it's time to drop the rival mentality that's coming from early 2000's/90's alot of these fighting games are already established in there 5th and 6th edition of the game. Trying to relive the era isn't going work in the Esports era, people today just want decent netcode and prize money. Now on the other hand we have "player base rivalries", which are a real thing but i don't expect the devs to reflect that in the same way. With all these crossovers and guest characters breaking games you'd figure it be over, but if the player base keeps it alive people will still think harada is butting heads with itagaki in 2020. LOL

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Also it's time to drop the rival mentality that's coming from early 2000's/90's alot of these fighting games are already established in there 5th and 6th edition of the game. Trying to relive the era isn't going work in the Esports era, people today just want decent netcode.

This 100%.

That rivalry gimmick has got to go. It's 2020. The companies and developers on fighting games has to work together so that the fighting game genre remains relevant. Talk to each other, share information with each other, collaborate if you have to etc. This is how cities were built in the first place by cooperating. That ancient age of the WWE storyline from Itagaki and Harada was just a silly way to promote their games, and people hilariously believed that it was real. Throw it out the window completely.

Now if we can get all the JPN devs to come together more often and topics about implementing actual good rollback by sharing information with each other, things would of been a lot more sensible these days.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD