Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Onryoki

Standard Donor
To be honest, I'm a bit bothered that the first DLC characters will be guests. I know collaborations are what most Japanese games do nowdays but it kinda bothers me that we're still missing five actual DOA characters but are opening the doors to two guests that, in my humble opinion, should not be here. DOA already has a wonderful, varied cast and collaborations should be something happening late in the game's life to keep interest going. It was cool with the VF people in 5 because they come from an extremely similar game but the KOF characters¿ not my cup of tea.

Also, I knew the costume DLC was inevitable but it's lame to see that two weeks before release, we're already getting an announcement for wedding dresses and suits that have nothing to do with martial arts and fighting. The costumes were, on the most part, pretty good in 6 but these wedding things have no place in this game.

It begins.
They chose guest characters to gain and attract another fan base, even though Momiji is a very popular character. Mai Shiranui beats her in popularity. Those 5 characters will be added to the game sooner or later but at this point I’d also rather have guests as first DLC. About the costumes, yes we’re getting wedding dresses and tuxedos, a set that’s actually a really cool idea. Only having a costume sets with fighting costumes is boring, I wouldn’t pay cash to see Hitomi in another karate gi, or Hayabusa in another ninja costume. Some male characters actually had tuxedos in the previous titles so them getting their tuxedo back is actually really cool. I mean, look how cool Bayman looks in that suit, add aviators to it and he’ll look really cool. I’m sure we’ll get more “martial arts” costumes in the future.
The second DLC character will get a 5 costumes DLC set, just as Mai.

Dze9Ow6WsAAFT56

There's no way they plan to sell 5 costumes for a male character, lol. It's going to be another cute waifu. Dead or Alive has become Waifu Fighter.
I really want to stay delusional for a moment because I really want it to be a male character.

Leifasumi

I would love B. jenet, she's like the knockoff pirate Lili of KOF<3

I think for girls it'll be Kula because of the previous promo, Yuri, or maybe Athena. If it's a male I think it'll Kyo, idk if they would use Terry since he's already in Fighting EX Layer. Rock Howard is popular so he could be in too if it's male

How did I forget Kula? It's definitely her :/. B. Janet is kinda of an obscure character unfortunately. I would say the girls who have the highest chances of making it from most to least are Kula, Athena, Yuri, and, Leona.

I don't think Athena is as popular as I expected her to be :(

Macca Beam

no, they cannot have something that is the opposite of what's in their definition. the obscure fetish ones that have gigantic tits are called using a different term to highlight that fact and distinguish them from the regular ones that don't.

Lolis refer to cute or sexualized girls that look/act underage. Marie, Honoka, Nico and Kula all fit that to varying degrees. Kula, except a spin off mobile phone game, is even literally underage, around 14.
if it's underage, then what's stopping you from calling it underage? then you have bubbly, childish, bratty, immature, a million words in the english vocabulary to describe this personality group, yet clueless people insist on using a term that's always meant to describe a specific body type to talk about ... facial youthfulness? height? then after getting btfo on those fronts they flip flop to personality? rofl

Don't worry, your waifu is still very special and unique. A real trailblazer.
nah my standards aren't low enough to have a fighting game waifu. i'm not bringing this up because i heard someone talk shit about ((my waifu)), but because people triumphantly using their own definition of words are the cringiest shit.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
But does it matter what Loli means? In the end @Tyaren is right, every female character added after 5 with the exception of Nyo is 18 years olds which makes this cast a loli cast basically. We need more variety in age, like I wouldn’t mind Nagita or Tamaki in the game since they’re older.

Macca Beam

it usually matters that the user of a word knows what that word actually means, or they risk looking like a moron in public yes

so are we just gonna conveniently forget naotora, mai and the 4 something venus vacation girls? last i checked, you would only call something an X cast when X makes up an overwhelming portion of the population and there's only one group doing that: the 18-19y/o schoolgirls.

that's what i don't get. freaking out over an absolute minority and using sloppy definitions to blow it out of proportion. confirmation bias at its finest.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
it usually matters that the user of a word knows what that word actually means, or they risk looking like a moron in public yes

so are we just gonna conveniently forget naotora, mai and the 4 something venus vacation girls? last i checked, you would only call something an X cast when X makes up an overwhelming portion of the population and there's only one group doing that: the 18-19y/o schoolgirls.

that's what i don't get. freaking out over an absolute minority and using sloppy definitions to blow it out of proportion. confirmation bias at its finest.
They’re guests so they don’t count.

Macca Beam

nono i didn't say "minor stuff", i said "minority". as in there's only an instance of it but some will go "NO THE WHOLE GAME IS LIKE THAT NOW!?" anyway. reminds me of reduced boobs guy in a way

Brute

Standard Donor
nah my standards aren't low enough to have a fighting game waifu. i'm not bringing this up because i heard someone talk shit about ((my waifu)), but because people triumphantly using their own definition of words are the cringiest shit.
It's pretty obvious that female characters who exhibit younger traits (whether it be body type, facial structure, voice or general demeanor) are far more popular than the female characters who emphasize more mature traits, at least in Japan. Marie's debut and instant popularity compared to characters like Christie or Lisa is unmistakable, and pretty much every new female character since reflects that in different respects (discounting guest characters for obvious reasons and DOAXVV since it's made by a different team). Honoka has the baby face and acts like an 8 year-old; Nico has a baby face and has the body of a 14 year-old a petite but totally adult woman that in no way is meant to pander to those who like younger girls.

This is obviously what Tyaren meant by "loli." If you really insist on debating that point purely on semantics, it should be noted that colloquialisms, figurative language and hyperbole exist and can be used without "looking like a moron." It's far more difficult to maintain your dignity when you fly into a frenzy to defend your waifu a character that's totally beneath you.

Macca Beam

It's pretty obvious that female characters who exhibit younger traits (whether it be body type, facial structure, voice or general demeanor) are far more popular than the female characters who emphasize more mature traits, at least in Japan.
that is false. in japan, the childish female and the mature female are BOTH the most popular and well-received character types because people gobble up extremes. if you see one of these, it's almost a guaranteed chance the opposite also exists in the same work, and both would be topping popularity polls while having the most numerous and zealous fanbases.

i knew exactly what Tyaren meant because it's obvious what people frequently complain about at this point, except you didn't need to clumsily fiddle with an unrelated word to get that point across. and my tipping point was actually the ___ cast statement which is statistically wrong.

i wasn't defending any particular character, but i'm interested to hear what that would be.

Last edited:

juliusxcix

my friends and i like the younger characters the most. the rest are really hag-like. i want a younger male character. like, a male version of marie.

juliusxcix

I think your joking. :p But lol the oldest ( excluding Nyo ) Is iirc Christie at 26. Definitely not "hag like". :p
LDNAKNDSJDJ yeah im joking but fr the older characters arent as fun imo. i like the younger croud. but i really didnt want another young female. i want a young male character wAY more. but for this kof crossover, i was really hoping for Luong.

dante_huyvu

LDNAKNDSJDJ yeah im joking but fr the older characters arent as fun imo. i like the younger croud. but i really didnt want another young female. i want a young male character wAY more. but for this kof crossover, i was really hoping for Luong.
Your avatar though, i cant stop laughing.Did you take it from in-game gameplay ? Is that Honoka? :p

Macca Beam

Your avatar though, i cant stop laughing.Did you take it from in-game gameplay ? Is that Honoka?
that's from a series of shitposting pictures on japanese imageboards and not an ingame shot. i can't imagine why anyone would be mentally ill enough to sit down and make all of these, but otakucks over there regularly produce them for various franchises because they rile people up or something

look at mobage shit or waifusims like fire emblem and tell me i'm wrong. don't even get me started on eroge

Brute

Standard Donor
For someone so concerned with statistical accuracy you sure do generalize a lot. Instead of talking about unrelated series or hilariously asserting that if two things are both existent and popular they must "BOTH [be] the most popular," let's go back to DOA itself.

1) Add new character: Mila. Grown-ass woman. Popular? Not really.
>add returning/guest characters and laze-4
2) Add new character: Marie. Kiddie girl. Popular? Basically dethroned Kasumi.
3) Add new character: Nyotengu. Adult archetype. Popular? Yes, but nothing close to Marie.
>add more guest characters
4) Add new character: Honoka. Kiddie girl (but totes mature cuz big tiddies!). Popular? Right up there with Marie.
>add cyber-raper

So, DOA6 comes along. What traits have been kicking it out of the mother-fucking ballpark? Kiddie shit. So if they want their new female character to be ridonk-a-donk popular for no good reason, giving her traits suggestive of an underage character is pretty much a given. Hence, we get Nico Bellic and her rockin', mature bod and fully developed face that is totally not Marie's with a few dabs to complexion in Photoshop and maybe a miniscule poly-morph here or there. Do I expect this trend to stop any time soon? No.

Macca Beam

neither do i. but as i've said, until they've taken up a sufficient portion of the population, the series cannot be called something it isn't. a place having rain on sundays doesn't mean it's a rainy place.

asserting that if two things are both existent and popular they must "BOTH [be] the most popular"
that's definitely not what the assertion said though

if you wanna comment about an entire region it's better to look beyond one series. though it's not like you couldn't already observe the same tendencies within doa. it's all about marie and nyotengu, then honoka because people suck up extremes, remember? then the rest trails along. mila is obviously not unpopular because she's a grown ass woman, but because she's not a woman the same way nyotengu is: a seductive, slithering basically monster girl with princess hair with that liiiiiiick!! that blows fetishists' checklists off more than just punchy i'll do my best tomboy in casual clothes.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD