Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I mean DOA story was never great to begin with. Ultra niche + cliche cheesy moments. DOA is the first fighting game I know that I gain moments on being tempted to skip certain cutscenes / video timeline because of how cringe some of it get, though some people like the super niche and cheesy portions so power to them.

If the game ended up as Marie Rose + Honoka friendship adventure from start to finish all the way to the final boss of someone Hayabusa couldn't beat but the power of two tropes did, I would probably pass on the story completely.

EDIT: Maybe "never great" was way too far, there are other fighting games that are just as bad as DOA, but DOA is definitely one of the ones that make me go "Damn that was bad, that's 20+ seconds I'll never get back".

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
It's obvious that with the lack of story, dynamic stages, a new mode to unlock recycled costumes which breaks from tradition, that the game was heavily rushed.
These things a rushed game does not make. Lazy textures, poor modeling, shitty lighting/effects, and overall poor presentation are the call signs of a rushed game. No one should be judging this game based on it's story. Fighting games are notorious for being shit at it whether y'all want to admit it or not. The last good one that I played was MK9. The lack of dynamic stages is kind of arguable but I'll concede the stage selection is pretty bad for a DOA. DOA Quest is less about unlocking recycled costumes and more a much more entertaining and goal oriented tutorial to teach new players how to DOA properly.

How do you unlock costumes traditionally? Story mode.
How did we unlock all the characters? Story mode.
Not arcade, but story.
DOA5 you had to beat arcade mode/Time trial or play in online/vs matches to unlock costumes.
Fair enough on the secret characters though.

Raansu

And yes, you don't necessarily have to care about the story, but DOA is known for it's story.

Since when!? lmao....

Prior to DoAD, DoA's "story" was just a bunch of random quirks before a fight with an almost impossible to follow CG ending in arcade mode. You had to read the booklets to know what the hell was going on.

Macca Beam

stories in fighting games were never good. fuck, it was an obstacle in almost every game genres

if there was a reduced price version of doa6 where the story is gouged out entirely, i'd buy that shit in a heartbeat after watching the story on youtube like god intended it

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Is anyone having fun with the demo? yo i'm having a blast ahaha.

Game still feels kinda weird though. Both bad and a good way, weird kek not sure. It is pretty fun though.
The game is really fun but also boring at the same time, the bounds ruin the combo potential for me. The only way to get max damage is launch into small combo then a bound into break blow cancel into launch into combo’s. It’s really boring and should be removed. Besides that I don’t really have complaints about the game and is really enjoyable. I also want force techs back because the ground game is just boring.

zoo

Though I like the demo vanilla 6 is looking to be one of the most lacking DOA games with content, coming from 5LR or even vanilla 5 it totally doesn't feel worth full price. I guess the new mechanics and quest mode compensate that to a degree but at least we had tag and more costumes before. Pretty clear it'll be a DLC focused game again but it just kinda pushes me away from wanting to pay full price on launch.
Idk maybe LR spoiled me a bit

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Though I like the demo vanilla 6 is looking to be one of the most lacking DOA games with content, coming from 5LR or even vanilla 5 it totally doesn't feel worth full price. I guess the new mechanics and quest mode compensate that to a degree but at least we had tag and more costumes before. Pretty clear it'll be a DLC focused game again but it just kinda pushes me away from wanting to pay full price on launch.
Idk maybe LR spoiled me a bit

I'm guessing there will be another iteration announced for DOA6 in a few months. I'm not sure I completely agree, 5 Vanilla really seemed to lack a lot of stuff compared to ultimate. How many more costumes are there in 5V than 6?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD