Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

TheTHCGamer

Most complaints on twitter are about individual purchases, the lack of stages and the lack of Momiji.

If media ask them what they think about the current state and what are they thinking to improve this situation, at least we will know what will happen in the medium term.

We know there's a new director because Famitsu pushed questions to Shimbori about the initial backlash, if not, we wouldn't even know that.

About investing more money in the game. Well, that's up to each one. We don't know what they will do with that money, maybe they will use it to improve the game, maybe as a prize for an hypothetical second tour next year (I think this won't happen but who knows) or maybe they will invest all into DOA Xtreme 4. Hard to say.
Oh I'm pretty sure they know even if it hasn't been brought up as much as other issues TN has to know quality control for this game has been a major issue. Thing is even if someone asks them is it really going to make a difference?

Honestly at this point if we want a better looking and performing version of DoA6 it's not going to happen unless it's on next gen consoles. Those two features I just mentioned will also be a selling point if a next gen version of DoA6 is released.

As much as we want it to happen do we really expect TN to improve the games graphics and how it performs on current gen consoles. It is what it is DoA6 just isn't enough of a priority right now. Knowing me I'll end up buying a next gen version too.

That's what they want though for us to double dip but hopefully a next gen version is what we wanted from DoA6 from the beginning. I see TN releasing more DLC for current gen consoles and maybe a few more bug fixes. Well that and obviously balance updates.

I mean honestly when you see the effort put into DoA6 at this point what do we expect. I'm pretty sure they're going to use a next gen console with updated graphics as a selling point. I honestly don't expect much more then I mentioned for current gen DoA6.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Most complaints on twitter are about individual purchases, the lack of stages and the lack of Momiji.

If media ask them what they think about the current state and what are they thinking to improve this situation, at least we will know what will happen in the medium term.

We know there's a new director because Famitsu pushed questions to Shimbori about the initial backlash, if not, we wouldn't even know that.

About investing more money in the game. Well, that's up to each one. We don't know what they will do with that money, maybe they will use it to improve the game, maybe as a prize for an hypothetical second tour next year (I think this won't happen but who knows) or maybe they will invest all into DOA Xtreme 4. Hard to say.
It’s just a handful of people asking for Momiji with multiple accounts. Most want her in just because, they won’t even main her or use her.

It’s for the best that Shimbori stepped down, he wasn’t fit as a director.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It’s for the best that Shimbori stepped down, he wasn’t fit as a director.

Woaa there. Shimbori may have stepped down as a director, but a director isn't the usual cause of every single problems of a game. Could come down to anything (budget, time constraints, executives etc. I mean, his boss is KT)

Shimbori was given more than he can handle sure, but the guy had two jobs. He is a director (was) and a producer, and merely stepped down from one to reduce the workload to the original plan of DOA's direction to someone else. For all we know this could be a KT matter. Master had already mentioned this plenty of times especially during DOA5 days that this could come down to just KT problems. Go ask him, he'd literally tell you. This isn't the Itagaki era.

I know it's rather easy to just blame the individual who just happens to be out there the most with the game, but I also believe that this is more than just a Shimbori problem to be quite honest.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Woaa there. Shimbori may have stepped down as a director, but a director isn't the usual cause of every single problems of a game. Could come down to anything (budget, time constraints, executives etc. I mean, his boss is KT)

Shimbori was given more than he can handle sure, but the guy had two jobs. He is a director (was) and a producer, and merely stepped down from one to reduce the workload to the original plan of DOA's direction to someone else. For all we know this could be a KT matter. Master had already mentioned this plenty of times especially during DOA5 days that this could come down to just KT problems. Go ask him, he'd literally tell you. This isn't the Itagaki era.

I know it's rather easy to just blame the individual who just happens to be out there the most with the game, but I also believe that this is more than just a Shimbori problem to be quite honest.
Not blaming him, I just think he’s not fit as a director and that it’s better for DOA6 that he stepped down. I only blame Shimbori for the fetish DLC (releasing those atrocities is his responsibility.), the interviews and the bad marketing.

Cadaveri

Looking at the roster with the addition of Mai and Kula, there is apparently one slot left in the categorized rows. TN or Mochi stated that Mai and Kula is the end of Season Pass 1 which seems to be hinting of a second if not more season passes. I heard there will be multiple season passes but will each season pass feature even more characters? how will they add more?

I suppose they could reorganize it entirely to a different section, or similar to how DOA5LR character list goes but I am curious. Would like to see more character entries but if future season passes will just be cosmetics that would be pretty eh. Tekken for example features characters for every single season pass update on the incomings so it would be interesting to see if TN pulls a similar idea.

I don't think they are going stop putting in characters, they are just going to change the menu prolly.

KwonJigglypuff

I wonder when they will announce a new girl to promote the arcade release.
Does someone remember if Marie was announced for the release or a while after ?

Jadeinchains

That means Ultimate must be coming within a year :tina:

Really? Does an arcade release point to that? I'm happy if it does though, If so when does anyone imagine it would be revealed? TGS? Also with season 1 of dlc over I hope we don't need to wait long for season 2 trailer.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Not blaming him, I just think he’s not fit as a director and that it’s better for DOA6 that he stepped down. I only blame Shimbori for the fetish DLC (releasing those atrocities is his responsibility.), the interviews and the bad marketing.

Pretty sure the DLC abuse was from KT's side and their marketing teams. Shimbori always wanted DOA to be a bit more taken serious by global consumers but hey, when your boss says you can't, what is he going to do? he's definitely not going to risk it by giving up his job for things that probably wouldn't matter since DOA is super niche.

His interviews weren't the best sure, but the man was on a crutch. Some of the stuff he mentioned was things he had been told / told to do. Some interviews he just had no idea know what to say at all, at times he ended up mentioning things that gave people potentially the wrong idea by mistake. If it's anyone to truly blame for DOA's outcome approach and stability, it's probably KT lol.

I wonder when they will announce a new girl to promote the arcade release.
Does someone remember if Marie was announced for the release or a while after ?

The first revision of DOA5UA was just DOA5U without any of the DLC characters, the first DLC character was mentioned one day after the arcade was live but the actual character wasn't revealed until weeks later. I may just look up on actual dates I guess when but that's definitely hard digging that probably isn't worth digging into lol. We can probably be sure that early gameplay test footages will be a thing at the arcades like usual for newer characters or balance changes.

Speaking of the arcade, SEGA's new system has USB 3.0 support, so i'd also imagine that people who are not familiar with the stick layout can just go to the arcades with their pads/hitbox/other sticks to play DOA6.

Last edited:

uwu

tumblr_po68yk2mWh1satj6do3_r1_400.gif

*Me and my inpatient ass knowing it might be weeks until we see season 2*

Wish we didn't have to wait so long since I'm excited to see what season 2 of dlc will bring especially since I'll actually be able to get it now If it's individual dlc. Kula and Mai not tomorrow but the next day though which is awesome. :)

Omg though seriously Lisa looks amazing in this gif, she did that.
why did i watch that like 7 times in a row

uwu

tumblr_po68yk2mWh1satj6do3_r1_400.gif

*Me and my inpatient ass knowing it might be weeks until we see season 2*

Wish we didn't have to wait so long since I'm excited to see what season 2 of dlc will bring especially since I'll actually be able to get it now If it's individual dlc. Kula and Mai not tomorrow but the next day though which is awesome. :)

Omg though seriously Lisa looks amazing in this gif, she did that.
why did i watch that like 7 times in a row

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I tried both Mai and Kula and wow, they look so good and they're so fun to play ... they did it way better than I expected.

They even fixed some glitches and issues (Kasumi's blue legacy costume UV mapping in her shoulders, Marie DOA 5 second costume physics, the previous bug with fire particles in stages being renderer at half framerate).

The only thing I can complaint is I'm noticing some framedrops and stuttering with some Mai's moves on PS4 pro.

P2p1mbs

I didn't expect the KOF girls to appear in the story mode. I would have wanted more than just one quick fight for each of them but its ok since they are guests like Akira and Sarah appearing for only one fight each last game.

Gives me hope for when Momiji and Rachel return, they get some more story involvement. I hope Rachel becomes the first character to actually beat Ryu in the story.

Jadeinchains

Just bought Kula with her extra 5 outfits! :) haven't got Mai yet but might later.

@HHH816 yeah the way they've set up the site does look like more characters could/will be coming! :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD