Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Jyu_Viole_Grace

My opinion is that grabs are harder to input than i9 high punches and should be rewarding.

When you play as Kasumi you don't need to play any mind games to hit someone and with Bass and Tina you do. The reason NiCO is adjusted every patch is because her move list was an untested mess.

Jim dominated Sio with Bass not because Bass is god, but because Jim is.

The reward for command grabs is 0 proration damage unlike combos and not being able to tech them unlike regular throws.

The "issue" here is that due DOA nature and all characters having access to the triangle system, this damage buff doesn't only affect grapplers, it also beneficts to already well rounded characters like Ryu.

I don't think Bass or Tina are a problem in DOA6 but guessing bad against Ryu isn't funny.

Raansu

I’m sorry but the grapplers, grabs are OP in this game. Bass and Tina have multiple grabs that do as much damage as Alpha’s burst in DOA5. I think the 10% damage boost to throws was a stupid choice. I hope they bring it back to the way it was in DOA5. I think that DOA6 needs to be reworked anyway.

This game favors speed atm. I see no problems with a hard read getting a hi-counter throw doing huge damage considering grapplers are at a significant disadvantage in neutral due to how slow they are.

Raansu

No, I just think the damage is kinda overboard for a throw with easy inputs. Bass really doesn’t need to work hard for a win.

lmao do what? You have no idea how hard it is for Bass to deal with pressure, especially after the SSA change. Hist fastest move is an 11i high and his super power bomb throw is a while rising input thats like 18 frames or somewhere around there. I don't remember the exact data, but its slow as balls. That throw is a hard read and it deserves the damage it has.

Why do you think Wah dropped Bass for Mai? He's tired of the constant pressure game Bass has to deal with. Its an uphill fight for him in almost every matchup.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
This game favors speed atm. I see no problems with a hard read getting a hi-counter throw doing huge damage considering grapplers are at a significant disadvantage in neutral due to how slow they are.
I don’t think a slower character means that they should be compensated by having multiple throws that take half of your life. I know how to fight against them, but do I think the throw damage should be that high? No. Them having stronger throws is fine by me, but throws that take 50% health is a little bit overboard. Especially since the inputs make such a throw very accessible.

Last edited:

Raansu

I don’t think a slower character means that they should be compensated by having multiple throws that take half of your life. I know how to fight against them, but do I think the throw damage should be that high? No. Them having stronger throws is fine by me, but throws that take 50% health is a little bit overboard. Especially since the inputs make such a throw very accessible.

Tell me, how is it any different than the multitude of juggle setups that take just as much health? Don't give me the input crap because the majority of juggles are stupid easy inputs. A fast character can just put nonstop pressure on you, get one stun, launch and there goes half your health and pray you don't hit an environment. Meanwhile a grappler has to sit there and contend with everyone being faster than them and having to bait a defensive hold to even get that damage. Those throws don't do that kind of damage without the hi-counter damage modifier.

If you're eating one of their big throws, its your fault. Grapplers need those throws to be viable.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
d4decdd5042c23482cd5fa96f177e4e3.gif

....That was my reaction before I remembered I already bought the pass already >.> Well maybe in Season 3 I can join in xD

KwonJigglypuff

Great. I like to play offline with friends and use "random", I will only purchase costumes for Helena as long as there is not a random customisation when I use it. Not being able to see the extra hairstyles and optionnal glasses in that "mode" is annoying. Or create a new mokujin-like somehow mascot of the game, we won't be rude of you for the lack of originality anyway.

Jadeinchains

Well finally lol. With new packs coming forward that will definitely make me think about getting one or two of them etc now. ( Although if the leaks are true about what this month's dlc is it certainly won't be this month I get anything )

Onryoki

Standard Donor
“Working on a new system” they’re full of shit. How hard is it keeping the same marketing strategy they had in 5?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Jadeinchains

Here they are, and yeah unfortunately it is this month's DLC since there's 12 shown in that link and one more set would be 15 >.>

Thank you for the link! :)
Rip though that that's this months dlc. Genuninely those would be cute as a little extra free patch but them actually being a paid set for £25 as part of this season pass is really off in my opinion..right?

I know lots hate her and want to snatch her wig ( which is fine ) but at least Momiji is coming next month along with a full set of outfits.
Next season I'm imagining maybe we'll see a Halloween stage along with hopefully fun. Unique among every character halloween costumes and maybe another new character which I'd imagine would be Rachel. I have absolutely no idea but might as well say my speculations. :p

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD