Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I think it is way too early to talk about a ultimate version of DOA6, especially when the content has been rather scarce these past 6 months. We don’t really need an ultimate version of 6 already.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I only want Ultimate version since it seems to be only way to get more male characters.

Exactly it seems like the only way we are going to get male characters is with a big bundle of new stuff. I have a feeling that sales are super important to them right now so we will probably never see a single male character to download.

werewolfgold

I mean, we need something. The game needs a major rework/overhaul on the backend. It's not impossible without an update, but I'd find it hard to believe that they'd want to put in the work required without some kind of extra financial incentive. Not that the fans should be on the hook to give them more money to make it happen.

It's tough to nail down things like "what the game should've been" or what people should deserve or expect for the asking price, but all I know is that what we got is disappointing and it's apparent that the game was rushed. And that the game wasn't what even the devs wanted in the end given Shimbori's interviews about the 30+ story scenes they couldn't even get animated.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I mean, we need something. The game needs a major rework/overhaul on the backend. It's not impossible without an update, but I'd find it hard to believe that they'd want to put in the work required without some kind of extra financial incentive. Not that the fans should be on the hook to give them more money to make it happen.

It's tough to nail down things like "what the game should've been" or what people should deserve or expect for the asking price, but all I know is that what we got is disappointing and it's apparent that the game was rushed. And that the game wasn't what even the devs wanted in the end given Shimbori's interviews about the 30+ story scenes they couldn't even get animated.

The thing is, they can't do that much before next gen (on consoles, of course, PC is another different beast but they can't favor it with an exclusive update).

There's no way they can make TAG work on consoles, not even Tekken 7 does it.

They can't improve graphics that much on consoles outside fixing UV mapping issues, skinning and graphical glitches. I also don't think they can improve input latency that much without a better hardware.

Until next gen they can keep working to bring back DOA 5 characters, several stages and costumes and work in new characters, stages and features for the Ultimate version for next gen.

P2p1mbs

the game is out just like 6 month yo, forget ultimate

5 ultimate was announced less than a year after the base release of 5. 6 is clearly unfinished so a rerelease will happen.

I personally expect that after one more season pass next month (containing Rachel), they will go quiet with announcing further dlcs to "surprise" us with a new DOA6.

werewolfgold

They can't improve graphics that much on consoles outside fixing UV mapping issues, skinning and graphical glitches. I also don't think they can improve input latency that much without a better hardware.
That's not quite true. As we saw in the graphics thread, the facial meshes of the characters have way too many useless polygons that could be spread out throughout the character models to address some of those issues. MK11 faces come off as more detailed at, like, a third of the polygons.

And there's nothing about the systems that dictate that they have to make things like Hayabusa's sleeves in his DOA2 outfit too big for his arms. There's just a lack of polish and attention to detail overall.

The game doesn't even have team battle, which they could easily use the system they incorporated in DOA Quest, where it just resets on the same stage with a new character if the "Survival" method takes up too much RAM or something. The philosophy behind the game just involves a lot of copy-paste and the stuff they did copy-paste, they did poorly.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

That's not quite true. As we saw in the graphics thread, the facial meshes of the characters have way too many useless polygons that could be spread out throughout the character models to address some of those issues. MK11 faces come off as more detailed at, like, a third of the polygons.

And there's nothing about the systems that dictate that they have to make things like Hayabusa's sleeves in his DOA2 outfit too big for his arms. There's just a lack of polish and attention to detail overall.

The game doesn't even have team battle, which they could easily use the system they incorporated in DOA Quest, where it just resets on the same stage with a new character if the "Survival" method takes up too much RAM or something. The philosophy behind the game just involves a lot of copy-paste and the stuff they did copy-paste, they did poorly.

They won't change characters faces for low poly versions. We don't know why they did these, maybe just to use them for next DOA games, who knows.

Also, with graphics I really mean graphics. If you as most people they don't even notice most visual issues in this game in comparison with DOA5, they don't even notice that throwdown doesn't even have skybox.

Most people would notice first the addition of better AO than rigging issues that you need to put the camera in a proper angle and look particulary there to notice.

If they want to push graphics they need better hardwares, they don't need next gen to do 3D modeling work properly.

SaihateDYNAMO

They should at least do what Tekken 7 does each season and revamp the UI and change some colors, as that alone can give the game new life. These menus feel like pay2win Chinese mobile games at the moment. I also want the lifebars to have small portraits like 2 and 4/Dimensions did and display online titles as well because what we have now isn't eyecatching enough. I wish each time you entered the menu/character select you would get a different stage background, or at least some new character renders. I'm getting tired of looking at that washed-out picture of the Coliseum.

They won't change characters faces for low poly versions. We don't know why they did these, maybe just to use them for next DOA games, who knows.
One word: incompetence. Wasting polys on a character's face when they could have gone elsewhere (doesn't help that the faces aren't as good as they should be with that many polygons) is never a good thing, nor is it a good way to futureproof a game. Why make the current game suffer when it could be at it's absolute best now? This game is artistically stunted!!! Almost everything that went wrong with the visuals did in my eyes.

HHH816

5 ultimate was announced less than a year after the base release of 5. 6 is clearly unfinished so a rerelease will happen.

I personally expect that after one more season pass next month (containing Rachel), they will go quiet with announcing further dlcs to "surprise" us with a new DOA6.

if you notice they introduce season pass in last round, DOA6 already got season passes this early. They can't publish ultimate so near to upset season pass holder. i predict DOA6 will got longer life even get 30fps full 4k patches for ps5

P2p1mbs

if you notice they introduce season pass in last round, DOA6 already got season passes this early. They can't publish ultimate so near to upset season pass holder. i predict DOA6 will got longer life even get 30fps full 4k patches for ps5

They could easily stop releasing any more season passes after the next one to prepare for a rerelease. It is possible for them to just keep adding to the base game DLCs and updates but a full rerelease would easier.

Besides, a rerelease would be more appealing for newcomers who could easily be turned off by a large amount of DLCs and updates that would be needed to a "complete" experience.

Addictrian

Sooooooooooooo happy Momiji is in =) .love her Fighting Style her Power Blow =)

But why has she no Story Cutscene =???????

i really love those things ....Mai and Kula have one .why not Momiji ?

Team Ninja pleeeeeeeeeeeeease :/

Jadeinchains

I might not be the biggest Momiji fan but honestly her being added back into Doa6 feels correct and like a little piece that was missing from doa6 has been corrected and I feel the same way with Rachel which will be corrected next season. I do feel like doa6 is slowly and surely getting itself together which I'm happy to see. I am looking forward to a big jump in content with something like a DOA6U but for now with it's season passes and dlc's for DOA6 I feel like they are doing a good job of bringing the game up and making it better and better

Plus I know doa6 has had a rocky start and journey so far but I really do hope that it's doing well and that they are getting the sales figures they are wanting because I love this series and I want to see it be successful and continue to receive support.

I looked into it a little bit and in fact the timeframe from DOA5 releasing to DOA5U being revealed would match up with DOA6 releasing and DOA6U being revealed if DOA6U was revealed this November at DOA FEST, So It's not entirely out of the question that that could happen. Obviously that's just complete speculation though and probably won't happen and I obviously won't expect that to happen but still lol. :p

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD