Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

SaihateDYNAMO

fe1.png

human013

Imagine if a good amount of old DLC costumes were in the base game or TN released entire sets of old DLC costumes for free. That would make the game look so much better to the public. "Here are some free DLCs from the previous game! Use them while we create new costumes for the game and fix other issues. Give us a chance." But nope.

LMAO!!! Where is the outrage? Where are the pitchforks, hate, and outcry? Everyone made up so many BS reasons to hate on Nico the instant she was revealed but these DLCs aren't as bad as Nico?? LMAO. You guys never disappoint. So much for the "Japanese fanbase and "anime" is ruining DOA". lol

zoo

crazy how the dlc era turned this series into a fetish dress up game

like doa actually used to have a sense of style for the characters. Leifang wouldn’t wear a maid costume because it wouldn’t make fucking sense, Ayane wouldn’t be caught dead in a wedding dress. You could say it’s part of doa’s silliness and kinda the point but it screams lazy and “we don’t really care about the characters here’s some costumes.” Even NRS had enough sense to give Kitana a Catwoman skin in MK11 and not idk fucking D’Vorah. Really I wouldn’t even care if costumes weren’t all this game got, like are you guys honestly cool with this? idk if my standards are too high for doa but the game isn’t even a year old and we’re on a 4th season pass with almost no worthwhile new content. Literally the only reason to play this over 5 rn is the online being more active

Tyaren

Standard Donor

To be honest, with the big amount of fan design contests and the insane amount of submitted fan designs (there must be several thousands since the first contest in 2014), these similarities are bound to happen.
Also, in all prior costume contests Koei Tecmo made clear in the small print that by submitting ones design one relinquishes all rights to it and turns those over to KT to use in the future as they please.
That being said, i'm sure it must be a shitty feeling to find out they reused your costume in a random DLC set without acknowledging that it is based or inspired by your design. :/ Come on, KT, at least don't be so lazy to acknowledge fan designs.

Dionysus

The only set with some somewhat positive reception and it turns out to be an fan design used without acknowledgement. Team Ninja really snatches defeat from the jaws of even the smallest victory. Yeah, you sign away rights to them, but it’s still frankly common decency.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
So.... TN really is gonna ignore the males again for 5+ years. If this continues I think I’m going to move to MortalKombat. Cause fuck this, I am so sick and tired of them only catering to people that like and use the girls and completely ignore the Male cast over and over. They might as well just get rid of the entire Male cast to make this some dress up fighter.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

They said they could use submissions for future DLCs but what they didn't say is they would use these as the base for 2020 DLC catalog lmao

Not giving people any credit is just ... DOA 6 team making friends. As usual.

KwonJigglypuff

Honestly at this point, I'd be honoured and hyped to get ANY of my designs as the base for DLC packs. I don't see the problem, especially since it was stated in the rules. Of course it's not very friendly or good marketing... are you surprised ?

Jadeinchains

*wakes up and enters thread*
giphy.gif

crazy how the dlc era turned this series into a fetish dress up game

like doa actually used to have a sense of style for the characters. Leifang wouldn’t wear a maid costume because it wouldn’t make fucking sense, Ayane wouldn’t be caught dead in a wedding dress. You could say it’s part of doa’s silliness and kinda the point but it screams lazy and “we don’t really care about the characters here’s some costumes.” Even NRS had enough sense to give Kitana a Catwoman skin in MK11 and not idk fucking D’Vorah. Really I wouldn’t even care if costumes weren’t all this game got, like are you guys honestly cool with this? idk if my standards are too high for doa but the game isn’t even a year old and we’re on a 4th season pass with almost no worthwhile new content. Literally the only reason to play this over 5 rn is the online being more active

Yeah..I remember when that started with doa5 and suddenly everyone including the more usually modest characters were all wearing the same "fetish outfits" and how it sapped the individual personality from the characters personal style of clothing. Thats part of why sets like the Legacy sets, casual sets and fan design sets are actually imo some of the greatest sets of outfits DOA5 ever got because besides just being some of the most creative sets they also conveyed that characters specific style and personality.

I get why they do the copypaste of 3/4 variations of outfits for dlc but it would be great ( especially considering they only seem to focus on the female characters anyway ) if they would actually make each of their outfits unique. I mean obviously there's certain themes that some characters just usually wouldn't wear at all ( like the maids ) but I'm sure they could fit it to the characters personality somehow, ( For example I suggested back when the wedding set came out that maybe Christie would get her tuxedo outfit back...that didn't happen though rip. )

Edit: Oh FYI obviously not every fan design is like solid to a characters personal style like Bayman getting a kappa outfit or whatever but c'mon that outfit was fun anyway and its better if the outfits can be more "wild" at times.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD