Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Ninoasker

I think it could continue, but they better not dare host another tournament. Main Event was one of the worst moments in the DOA community. Meanwhile I am looking at some of the last school girl DLC that Team NINJA have been posting on Twitter:

I thought this was a good comparison for those think "DOA6 is without question better looking than DOA5" - O RLY? Look at this washed out piece of shit costume. No ruffle detail in the skirt, lighting is insane and even the red color of the tie seems to have a little less color.

I like the school girl outfits, but these are the worst interpretations of them I've ever seen. DOA6 has a relatively boring pallet overall.
why does the skirt in 6 look like they forgot to add bump maps lmao oh my god i swear if someone says the costumes in 6 look better than in 5 once more I'm gonna throw up my entire organs out

SaihateDYNAMO

I think it could continue, but they better not dare host another tournament. Main Event was one of the worst moments in the DOA community. Meanwhile I am looking at some of the last school girl DLC that Team NINJA have been posting on Twitter:

I thought this was a good comparison for those think "DOA6 is without question better looking than DOA5" - O RLY? Look at this washed out piece of shit costume. No ruffle detail in the skirt, lighting is insane and even the red color of the tie seems to have a little less color.

I like the school girl outfits, but these are the worst interpretations of them I've ever seen. DOA6 has a relatively boring pallet overall.
The major difference between the two is that one of the renders was made back when DOA was considered a priority for KT. I think it’s pretty clear at this point that they’ve moved on to bigger, better things.

A 2012 vs 2019 graphics comparison image shouldn’t be looking like this.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

It's rather interesting considering DOA5LR was based off the an older-gen console (PS3/360), so you would think DOA6 should be taking priority of the latest gens/PC resources to refine them more, but guess not lol.

It still feels surprising to think that DOA6 was actually done with a low budget while trying to profit from the buyers as much cash as possible with-said low budget on the finalized game.

Do we know when the update will be available yet? Or still mid April? Hopefully the 14th, but most-likely the 21st.

I still can't believe what they did with this game.

I wonder what company could take over to make a new Virtua Fighter.

Onryoki

Standard Donor

Well, tbh I have to actually see it in game before I can pass my judgement. Based on this picture it doesn’t look good, but let’s not forget they edit the shit out of these images.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Where the fuck did the pleats of her skirt go in 6!? It's like a flat texture lmao wtf

Ninoasker

The major difference between the two is that one of the renders was made back when DOA was considered a priority for KT. I think it’s pretty clear at this point that they’ve moved on to bigger, better things.

A 2012 vs 2019 graphics comparison image shouldn’t be looking like this.
It's even sadder when you think about how much of a priority DOA was for them to the point that even DOA5+, a game for the VITA, also looked better than 6. Even the costumes were barely different to the PS3 ones, of course they had lower res textures due to being a port for a handheld but girl, even with THAT they looked better. In 6 they just gave up and didn't even bother on the costumes and their details, as we've been able to see for the entire year (the laces in Kasumi's original costume shoes missing textures, Marie's boots not having the laces attached to the actual boots but instead they were flying around unattached to the mesh, costumes missing details that the same costumes had in 5 like we can see here with Kasumi's schoolgirl costume's skirt...). Even DOA Dimensions managed to look better, and that was a fucking 3DS game lmaoo

TN and KT's love and care for the franchise truly died the moment they stopped giving support to DOA5LR DLC, and it shows. And god knows what happened for them to go from giving all the resources they could to the franchise to completely throw it into the mud and care as little as they do now to the point they OUTSOURCED a game for one of their flagship franchises.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Do you think DOA's current reputation would prevent Sega from associating with TN these days ? :/

Probably, if Sega is smart.
That's why I also always have to laugh when people request Tifa in DOA. Never in a million years would Square Enix license one of the most popular characters of one of the most popular franchises to a second-rate and disreputable franchise like DOA. Even when TN still worked with SE and literally made a Final Fantasy fighting game for them they snubbed them for Tekken.

W0lXV3H.gif

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Do you think DOA's current reputation would prevent Sega from associating with TN these days ? :/

Like Tyaren mentioned yeah. Sega still produces and publishes their arcade cabinets though. There's no one else they'd go to produce the arcades. There's Namco, but you know how that is.

Though from what I heard, SEGA's very protective of their games (specifically AM2 team) and they are expensive, so even if they had the budget for it they'd check who they are working with I guess. But like someone mentioned, If the money is there, Sega would maybe give it a shot (which is unlikely given the budget treatment with 6). It just comes with the integrity of it all.

If the latest game has been nothing but negative press, sorta scamming it's customers, hair issue shenanigans, and barely any budgeted support. I don't think Sega would re-fire that contract again, with the exception of just producing their arcades. I wouldn't be surprised with Square not doing it either, and it would be for good reason.

Last edited:

Anura

Crowdfunding is often used for niche content. Skullgirls had a crowdfunding campaign in order to add additional characters to its roster. Most of the time it's not an investment (there is platform called Fig that does equity crowdfunding) and there is no guarantee that you will get something for your money (the project could turn into vaporware).

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I think if DOA6 was really good Tifa actually had a chance with the mentioned experience the team has with Square.

But as far as being as bad as Sega. IDK. They have no room to talk... ever.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD