Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Dionysus

What exactly is so interesting about Leon? Interesting enough to forgive his painfully cliched 'my wife dead' angst? I've only seen assertions that he's good, kind of the genderflipped Momiji fans. Gen Fu had a lot more potential but it'll never happen given how they clearly want Eliot in his place.

KwonJigglypuff

What exactly is so interesting about Leon? Interesting enough to forgive his painfully cliched 'my wife dead' angst? I've only seen assertions that he's good, kind of the genderflipped Momiji fans. Gen Fu had a lot more potential but it'll never happen given how they clearly want Eliot in his place.

I actually like his mourning motive, his legendary moves, some of his pre-DOA5 costumes and his DOA2 theme. At least DOA5 tried to do something with him, but there was no real efforts at the end.

What I find the most interesting is the potential in terms of storyline, because even before the ressurection theme was brought into DOA6's story (with Maria and Raidou), him becoming blackmailed into becoming Donovan's bodyguard (paralleling Bayman being Helena's "bodyguard") by ressurecting Lauren was an idea. If you could choose to revive a loved one, would you be ready to do bad things ?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I’m people.

Kasumi isn’t OP, sorry. She is extremely good but OP? I don’t think so. She has clear weaknesses and is very unsafe. She has some more mixup tools now but besides her mixup and speed she doesn’t have that much.

She can literally juggle heavies like they are lightweights you can't complain about Genfu without looking at your own character that is practically unreadable.

What about Phase 4? That mess of a character is not only an exact look alike to Kasumi, but was only played by BladeZ to show how busted and lazily she was added in.

At least Ein was fun and required skill to play. Genfu was written off well to some degree, but come on, he had some of the hypest offline matches.

I get tired of people sacking Genfu because they got their asses whooped by him and couldn't adapt.

He had style and fluidity to his move set. Something I can't say for most characters in DOA6. People want to hit Genfu with age discrimination and it's not right. Not everyone is 18.

Last edited:
People are saying scrap Genfu, but he was a bad ass mother fucker that stomped holes through the NINJAs. I'm sorry, but I think some people like 6 because Kasumi is OP as fuck.

Anybody that thinks she isn't should watch almost any tournament. She is in a great position in 6 because she is ahead of almost every other character in spades.

Genfu? Alpha? Boo hoo.

I can't seem to recall any Kasumi players winning any tournaments in DOA5LR or 6. She is good, but OP is a bit of a stretch.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I can't seem to recall any Kasumi players winning any tournaments in DOA5LR or 6. She is good, but OP is a bit of a stretch.
Because Kasumi takes actual work to win with at high level, she's good but she's not as threatening as some other characters at high level. And iirc, she's won a tourney in 6

I don't see why Kasumi's complained about tho, in 5LR Christie was like the big bad and no one said anything when she won tourneys. But now that she's more toned down in 6 it's like people overlook that but are quick to use her in LR when they prefer that game, like I don't get it.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
She's been the most selected character offline for 6. She took more work to get her damage in 5.

I felt sorry for heavies before but now it's a downright massacre for them. Only a few characters can stand in Kasumi's way.

As far as the learning curve. I don't think it's that high in six.

Everyone said Genfu was so broken but he wasn't being used as regularly as Christie because he required patience and if he mashed he didn't get away with it with saftey.

Don't get me wrong Kasumi is cool, but it's always ninja players that want less obstacles of getting stuffed and Genfu could lay waste to those bitches.

Nothing is more satisfying than seeing a ninja get stuffed at a tournament.

Leave it to a ninja player with a Peter pan mentality to say fuck Genfu because he's old and bested you in a previous entry.

People say new characters new characters. We got Diego and the smurph. If that's what to expect from the future Leon, Genfu and Ein sound way better than new characters.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
She's been the most selected character offline for 6. She took more work to get her damage in 5.

I felt sorry for heavies before but now it's a downright massacre for them. Only a few characters can stand in Kasumi's way.

As far as the learning curve. I don't think it's that high in six.

Everyone said Genfu was so broken but he wasn't being used as regularly as Christie because he required patience and if he mashed he didn't get away with it with saftey.

Don't get me wrong Kasumi is cool, but it's always ninja players that want less obstacles of getting stuffed and Genfu could lay waste to those bitches.

Nothing is more satisfying than seeing a ninja get stuffed at a tournament.

Leave it to a ninja player with a Peter pan mentality to say fuck Genfu because he's old and bested you in a previous entry.

People say new characters new characters. We got Diego and the smurph. If that's what to expect from the future Leon, Genfu and Ein sound way better than new characters.
She still does imo, she can get damage from heavies but pretty much everyone can in 6 xD plus the heavies still have the best throw damage in the game, what Kasumi can do in one simple launch set up, Bass and Tina can do in just one wrong hold against them, plus they have stuns that actually force you to guess while Kasumi only has her fatal stuns. Shit, I wish Kasumi had like a faint or crumple stun which Christie and pretty much everyone else has, but then again she's more an offensive pressure character, she's gonna dominate as long as she has like +6 advantage

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
She still does imo, she can get damage from heavies but pretty much everyone can in 6 xD plus the heavies still have the best throw damage in the game, what Kasumi can do in one simple launch set up, Bass and Tina can do in just one wrong hold against them, plus they have stuns that actually force you to guess while Kasumi only has her fatal stuns. Shit, I wish Kasumi had like a faint or crumple stun which Christie and pretty much everyone else has, but then again she's more an offensive pressure character, she's gonna dominate as long as she has like +6 advantage

As if Kasumi's wide array of tools isn't enough let's make the throw launch not require any timing at all with the auto combo. She has an answer for everything when most characters don't and now it's easier than ever before to get her damage from little close hit bound combos alone...

Team NINJA did a huge disservice to heavy players in six imo. It's almost like putting them in was an after thought.

Bass and Batman put on some awesome performances in 5. But yikes for 6 Bass has only a few worthy tricks and Batman might as well not even be in the game.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
As if Kasumi's wide array of tools isn't enough let's make the throw launch not require any timing at all with the auto combo. She has an answer for everything when most characters don't and now it's easier than ever before to get her damage from little close hit bound combos alone...

Team NINJA did a huge disservice to heavy players in six imo. It's almost like putting them in was an after thought.

Bass and Batman put on some awesome performances in 5. But yikes for 6 Bass has only a few worthy tricks and Batman might as well not even be in the game.
Bayman imo is good, but he's just harder since you have to put in more work with him, that's usually how most slower characters are in games tho, like in SC4 Amy was considered OP just because she had an answer for everything xD in 6 she's still the same way despite her "nerfs". Even if she nerfed Kasumi down she'll still be generally good but there's not much that can be done with her. She still needs an opening to get her stuns going while Nyo can stun off of literally anything and crush easily

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Leave it to a ninja player with a Peter pan mentality to say fuck Genfu

Now now...be nice to Kasumi. She's obviously a princess.

But yeah, Kasumi did require more brain to use in DOA5. 6PK on pushblock for keepout etc. UprisingJC, RenderingStar, and even Shade agreed with it. Kwiggles use to put in good work with Kasumi as well back in 5. They were pretty great players with that character.

What exactly is so interesting about Leon?

Leon started off as this sort of Bayman clone, but slowly evolved into becoming something different that tries to separate himself from Bayman (which is pretty rare in fighting games). Leon broke the mold of DOA standards when it came to characters introduced that isn't the general repeated niche content that you'd usually see and why people liked him. It's literally this crazy alpha male that brims "Assert your dominance" while not giving a damn and doesn't discriminate. Your sexiest male? tossed. Your favorite Waifu? tossed. Characters from another game? tossed. Your beta male who forgot his memory or having a personality that's similar to a brick? tossed. Another Leon? big bang.

Doesn't matter. Carnage.

His story was pretty standard and generic (aiming to prove that he's the strongest in the world for his lost lover is generic) but it was the concept of the character overall that literally oozes of not giving a shit if you are an old man, teenager, cat, dog, mouse, loli, ninja, doctor, tengu, alien, whatever. Carnage will commence regardless. Back at ECT many many years back, Leon was actually the highlight of a crowd control at the event when he got put in a home stage with Marie Rose because it was just downright comedic to see this random grown ass man just toss this random little girl across the room like a rag doll for literally no reason at all, people from other fighting game communities actually came by to witness in it's glory, didn't know what was going on, and couldn't get enough of it. It was pure humor and full of life. @XZero264 has evidence. Also Leon brings in a lot of memes:

C9-Jj7aUIAApGjf.jpg

Last edited:

PJudge

Now now...be nice to Kasumi. She's obviously a princess.

But yeah, Kasumi did require more brain to use in DOA5. 6PK on pushblock for keepout etc. UprisingJC, RenderingStar, and even Shade agreed with it. Kwiggles use to put in good work with Kasumi as well back in 5. They were pretty great players with that character.

Leon started off as this sort of Bayman clone, but slowly evolved into becoming something different that tries to separate himself from Bayman (which is pretty rare in fighting games). Leon broke the mold of DOA standards when it came to characters introduced that isn't the general repeated niche content that you'd usually see and why people liked him. It's literally this crazy alpha male that brims "Assert your dominance" while not giving a damn and doesn't discriminate. Your sexiest male? tossed. Your favorite Waifu? tossed. Characters from another game? tossed. Your beta male who forgot his memory or having a personality that's similar to a brick? tossed. Another Leon? big bang.

Doesn't matter. Carnage.

His story was pretty standard and generic (aiming to prove that he's the strongest in the world for his lost lover is generic) but it was the concept of the character overall that literally oozes of not giving a shit if you are an old man, teenager, cat, dog, mouse, loli, ninja, doctor, tengu, alien, whatever. Carnage will commence regardless. Back at ECT many many years back, Leon was actually the highlight of a crowd control at the event when he got put in a home stage with Marie Rose because it was just downright comedic to see this random grown ass man just toss this random little girl across the room like a rag doll for literally no reason at all, people from other fighting game communities actually came by to witness in it's glory, didn't know what was going on, and couldn't get enough of it. It was pure humor and full of life. @XZero264 has evidence. Also Leon brings in a lot of memes:

View attachment 30848

Totally didn't expect to see this pop up again, this was my entry in the photoshop competition years ago!

For me, Leon's story was simple but always fits into the DOA world because it is the generic, cliche mouring story - they managed to differentiate him from Bayman a lot as he appeared in more games and his integration into 5 gave him a bit of a different game plan for fights than Bayman. Desert Falcon and Arm Grenade never get old, and his themes were badass, and he's just fun to play - obviously it doesn't translate to everyone but I just enjoyed the sort of brutality from his moves. He's been my main since I started playing the series with 2U, and it just doesn't feel the same without him or Gen or Ein.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I’m people.

Kasumi isn’t OP, sorry. She is extremely good but OP? I don’t think so. She has clear weaknesses and is very unsafe. She has some more mixup tools now but besides her mixup and speed she doesn’t have that much.
Kasumi "doesn't have that much?" GTFO She has every option in every situation. She has better throw setups than any grappler. She has so many fucking tools. Shut the fuck up.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Kasumi "doesn't have that much?" GTFO She has every option in every situation. She has better throw setups than any grappler. She has so many fucking tools. Shut the fuck up.
Excuse me? I’m not in the mood to get told to “shut the fuck up” by some raggedy ass Diego main. Next.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD