Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Crext

Standard Donor
You probably know about this, but Koei Tecmo will show up at New Game+ Expo June 23: Link

I'd say that if we're to get any news of a potential DoA6U, then this would be a prime spot.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I hope we get taken seriously by KT and TN for once. If only they took us seriously and had respect for us all of this wouldn’t have happened. I hope they learn and grow from this.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
If anything that's probably about Fairy Tail, it comes out in July.

Might also be the possibility of that new IP Team NINJA is working on when they mentioned it in this video (Yes, TN is working on a whole new other game while making more Nioh in the future):

Though it's also possible it would be something entirely different yeah.

Crext

Standard Donor
As some mentions, if they play their cards like they did with DoA5, then the timing would be about the same in regards to a cross generation game. It costs them very little to build on DoA6 and get it ported to the new consoles (though they got backward compatibility now). The content from the DLC is already there, and it would basically be a group bundle of those characters if they wanted to make an Ultimate version.

Another things to keep in mind is the latest financial records: Link
Which would indicate that it is a cash cow after release. Hard to say what the "DLC" category entails, and how it is comparatively to DOA5, but DoA6 is called out specifically on it. In my eyes the real danger is that the success of DoAX outshines the fighting games as it's a even bigger cash cow with the same properties as far as I understand the numbers, as it is much easier to soak more whale money through micro transaction because of the formate (and it being free for all chars). Of course, if they make money on both they should probably just continue with it, but the risk is that those development resources goes to DoAX as they view it as the most profitable in regards to future DLC (looking forward to that black jack upgrade with the girls).

Anyways, it's just a month away, so we'll get our answer soon. If not they show clear signs of collaborator efforts in both licensing and cooperation, meaning that it won't be a SoulC hiatus where you never see the characters again until the next game, but a hiatus where the characters will show up in other games as DLC or something (like in Orochi Warriors, Warriors All-stars, Ninja Gaiden, Senran Kagura PBS, DoAX, Atelier (jk, but gief!) and so on.

Do we honestly think that money hungry KT won't port over an already "finished" game to PS5/XBSX and add a couple more characters that they probably already had in development? Those spots are empty for a reason. My money is on a next-gen port.

I seriously doubt that. If they were gonna put in new characters in DOA 6, they would've done that months ago to keep their game afloat. Plus they made it perfectly clear that they will no longer place any new characters in the game.

As for a DOA6U, I don't see that happening either. DOA 6 has gotten way too many bad reviews for TN to make a better version for the fans. Even worse than DOA 5 when it first started out. TN is putting all their attention on Nioh 2 because of its success.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I seriously doubt that. If they were gonna put in new characters in DOA 6, they would've done that months ago to keep their game afloat. Plus they made it perfectly clear that they will no longer place any new characters in the game.

As for a DOA6U, I don't see that happening either. DOA 6 has gotten way too many bad reviews for TN to make a better version for the fans. Even worse than DOA 5 when it first started out. TN is putting all their attention on Nioh 2 because of its success.
I kinda laugh when people say DOA6 won't have a sequel all because of some bad reviews xD that's why they made follow ups to doa5 because they wanted to mask and fill in the short comings. They were also doing Nioh 1 around the time as LR and they devoted more time and such there and in X3 too, that's not an excuse. They know what to fix and how to fix it so I don't think the series will suddenly be "dead" all because of the costume and hair complaints and people not liking the meter and mechanics

I still think they'll make 2.0 of DOA6 with 6U and add all the costumes that were previously gonna be recycled for vanilla 6 into 6U as base content like they did 5U, in 5U they added alot of potential DLC they would have sold as revival and dlc packs as base costumes and they made the costume unlock conditions much easier too,btheyll probably do that again although I think they'd just use a data transfer.

As for the mechanics and such they make tweak them and add something new but I think people hoping the meter will vanish and all that should kinda accept it won't and just adapt, it's common nowadays for games to have a easy newcomer mechanic to ease people in, and DOA6 at least makes them easy to punish although I think BBs and BHs should definitely NOT be + on block or when you cheese out of a set up because you have half a meter(they need to raise meter costs and lower how quick you gain it imo). If the meter and the mechanics is all that bothersome and somehow stops you from winning then you have LR like always I suppose but I personally don't think you can hide from new iterations forever, LR has alot more content and stuff hands down but even as "flawed" as 6 is and how kinda boring it seems to be, the meta game and such have changed and they did fix some things here and there. But more in a 6U would be good so there's variety again, the ground change they did for example I love but they could have done more stuff like the wall game changes and such, changes like that that add more depth and some more tech ops is really interesting imo, I just wish TN didnt try to dump old costume ports and stuff on us xD

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
In my eyes the real danger is that the success of DoAX outshines the fighting games as it's a even bigger cash cow with the same properties as far as I understand the numbers, as it is much easier to soak more whale money through micro transaction because of the formate (and it being free for all chars).

A reminder like many people mentioned including Rikuto, it's part of that problem that led DOA to be in this situation in the first place. The surrounding stigma was at DOA to blame and people do end up buttering it up out of pure love for the series without understanding the consequence behind it, generally they become completely oblivious to it. DOAX outshining it was hardly of a surprise since the fighting game genre is one of the lower appeals in general.

Because of similar reasons, it is giving ammunition or fuel to further bolster the reasoning as to why DOA gets into these types of situation for even taking the game literally, pushing arsenal for DOA's lack of success to find other means of success. On top that it's a 3D fighter, the competition between every other fighting game is a lion's den.

You cannot grow a game if it doesn't grow from within. This applies to every other fighting game which DOA has not yet done that as of present time with the latest installment of 6.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I kinda laugh when people say DOA6 won't have a sequel all because of some bad reviews xD that's why they made follow ups to doa5 because they wanted to mask and fill in the short comings. They were also doing Nioh 1 around the time as LR and they devoted more time and such there and in X3 too, that's not an excuse. They know what to fix and how to fix it so I don't think the series will suddenly be "dead" all because of the costume and hair complaints and people not liking the meter and mechanics

I still think they'll make 2.0 of DOA6 with 6U and add all the costumes that were previously gonna be recycled for vanilla 6 into 6U as base content like they did 5U, in 5U they added alot of potential DLC they would have sold as revival and dlc packs as base costumes and they made the costume unlock conditions much easier too,btheyll probably do that again although I think they'd just use a data transfer.

As for the mechanics and such they make tweak them and add something new but I think people hoping the meter will vanish and all that should kinda accept it won't and just adapt, it's common nowadays for games to have a easy newcomer mechanic to ease people in, and DOA6 at least makes them easy to punish although I think BBs and BHs should definitely NOT be + on block or when you cheese out of a set up because you have half a meter(they need to raise meter costs and lower how quick you gain it imo). If the meter and the mechanics is all that bothersome and somehow stops you from winning then you have LR like always I suppose but I personally don't think you can hide from new iterations forever, LR has alot more content and stuff hands down but even as "flawed" as 6 is and how kinda boring it seems to be, the meta game and such have changed and they did fix some things here and there. But more in a 6U would be good so there's variety again, the ground change they did for example I love but they could have done more stuff like the wall game changes and such, changes like that that add more depth and some more tech ops is really interesting imo, I just wish TN didnt try to dump old costume ports and stuff on us xD
I disagree. The game got so much backlash that they had to pull the plug on DOA. Of course there will be a sequel, but I doubt that’s gonna be anytime soon. They really need to get their shit together because right now they’ve broken the trust of many fans and that’s something that won’t be regained over night.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I disagree. The game got so much backlash that they had to pull the plug on DOA. Of course there will be a sequel, but I doubt that’s gonna be anytime soon. They really need to get their shit together because right now they’ve broken the trust of many fans and that’s something that won’t be regained over night.
I wouldn't say pull the plug on DOA as a whole, they just stopped support for 6 since their support wasn't really working and they started seeing that revival packs and their hair color stuff and season pass content wasn't really getting any hype. I think they'll make a sequel but I dont think the hiatus will be as long as people think it will be

And tbh I wouldn't go that far as to say that they broke the trust of the fans, the fans still are asking for a 6U and improvements and TN by now knows what to do to fix their mistakes. The same people saying DOA is cancelled and such are gonna ultimately get 6U if it has what they want, it's like when people uninstall their games, they'll reinstall it before long, if not that they'll still talk about the game instead of moving on if they really feel that way. I don't think the damage they've done to fans trust is as severe as people are making it, it's just a matter of TN fixing their errors but tbh it seems like people will always find something wrong but that's just how it is with games

People wanted a ground game, TN gave an adjusted ground game in one of the patches and people complained. They fixed the hair color situation and made it way more reasonable but people still got mad when it still costed money which it shouldn't have(they should have used the in game money) but DLC and such is what is able to help the game stay supported but they didn't give us enough new stuff and relied way too much on old costume packs which got stale after a while. TN can easily get in the good graces again and I think making a new iteration with everything we wanted and requested is the best move.

I do not think they will announce something before new consoles will be released. So maybe announcement will be in the end of this year.
I agree with both points. At this point we kinda have to ask ourselves, "What is the point of having a DOA6U?". When there's an ultimate version of a game, usually that means that it's expanding on what was on that previous game. But what exactly will DOA6U be expanding on? Whenever you think of other DOA games, they have an identity; there was a goal in mind when creating those games. Whether or not fans actually liked what direction those said games were going is a different matter, but I guess that's a completely different conversation.

DOA6 doesn't really have anything to build on; there's nothing that makes it stand out along with the other games in the DOA series. There was no polish, no direction, no nothing. If TN would actually be interested in making a good DOA game, that's all well and good. But at this point, they're not. They're interested in Nioh 2, and in the new IP. Making DOA6U would be the same thing as last time; making a half-hearted game because they feel like they're required to, instead of wanting to. I think repeatedly asking for DOA6U just to have a new game is the wrong way to go. I also think that having the attitude of, "Well, it doesn't matter anyway, people are still going to buy DOA6U no matter what" is detrimental to the quality of the next DOA in the short run and the DOA series in the long run. When it gets to the point where accepting mediocrity just because it's the norm, I think any gaming series would be considered dead on arrival by a majority of people. Instead, TN should focus on what actually interests them right now, then work on a DOA sequel when the team as a whole feels more inspired.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Backlash will not stop KT from making money. If a new trailer comes out for an Ultimate version, people that were previously dissing the game will come back. All TN needs to do is make it attractive and hit the points players want to see fixed.

Honestly since playing Dead or Alive 5 again I feel slighted the most by DOA6s stage design. Outside of Unforgettable, Muscle, Lost Paradise, A.P.O. & Throw-Down the stages are not that inspiring. For people that come for the stages, Team NINJA must know by know they are not happy campers in this department.

The Fireworks stage in DOA5LR was pure love of the series. The Zack Island variant looks so beautiful and I can't say with my heart that any stage in DOA6 looks better than that and DOA5 was not even the best stage design in the series.

BUT even if I am converted back to the ways of 5 - the community is quite divided at the moment. Lots of players have conducted polls for DOA5 vs DOA6 and it's usually pretty close each time. I think there are some things that can stay from DOA6 vanilla. Characters like Tina, Rig and yes Eliot & Kasumi are better than ever and if you like the way your character plays you will be more enticed to play.

But the beautiful stage design from 5 needs to come back. Genfu, Alpha Leon & possibly Naotora would be easy throw-ins to the Ultimate package. Buffing the terrible characters such as Honoka, Raidou & Bayman would also go a long way for some. When we start getting into the Ultimate and Last Round phases of a game, I can safely assume the story isn't a problem.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD