Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Add rollback netcode

Good choice, unfortunately the demand isn't there. The only way to get rollback (proper rollback that is, none of that Capcom nonsense) is if you can somehow convince them to incinerate delay-based netcode (which they won't), but they most likely won't because the interest pales in comparison to that of a season pass.

Last edited:

Cadaveri

View attachment 31018
I was not expecting this much of a gap to be honest. Sure, there may be more people on PS4 but I doubt the total number of people playing DOA6 is anywhere close to DOAX. The issue was also the mechanics they added. Nothing was exciting.

Yeah and gotta remember that as far as I know DOA VV is still region locked on steam lol.

Anyway only way I see to popularize DOA(fighter) to new heights would be to have It as a launch title on the PS5 (just like DOA4 did on xbox 360 launch back in the days).

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Dead or Alive 6 EVO meme.jpg

Kasumi-Phase-X

Yeah and gotta remember that as far as I know DOA VV is still region locked on steam lol.

Anyway only way I see to popularize DOA(fighter) to new heights would be to have It as a launch title on the PS5 (just like DOA4 did on xbox 360 launch back in the days).

Being region locked doesn't stop the game from having more players. The only thing that is region lock is installing the game (for non-Japanese & Asian players). Once you use a VPN to install DOAXVV, you can play enjoy the game normally without a VPN.

DOA doesn't release games at launch titles anymore, DOA6 DLC lifespan had just ended (which another DOA fighter is unlikely at launch). Being on PS5 wouldn't automatically popularize DOA fighter brand.

human013

I just want DOA to go through a major re-imaging. Start from the ground up. Maybe as much or even more than what Guilty Gear is doing because obviously what DOA is doing isn't working and hasn't been working for a long time.

Cadaveri

Being region locked doesn't stop the game from having more players. The only thing that is region lock is installing the game (for non-Japanese & Asian players). Once you use a VPN to install DOAXVV, you can play enjoy the game normally without a VPN.

DOA doesn't release games at launch titles anymore, DOA6 DLC lifespan had just ended (which another DOA fighter is unlikely at launch). Being on PS5 wouldn't automatically popularize DOA fighter brand.

Well thats not entirely true, DOA VV is region locked on NA/EU which are two biggest markets. This also means there are no ads on steam for the game etc. The "normie" casual steam users have no idea about region lock in the first place or how to VPN it, so of course that will impact a games playerbase heavily. The number you see on steamchartz could be much much higher If the game was visible on NA/EU.

Also you can be sure that If DOA was a launch title with next gen graphics that properly showoff the capabilities of the PS5 etc, people will be very interested to get in to a new game that they have never touched before. So yes It would bring fresh people to the game/franchise = more chances of the game getting more popular.

After the initial next gen console launch is over, It would just be a drop in an ocean like any other game, that was kinda my point :p

Last edited:

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
Been trying to figure out how region locking is a good thing for a games growth. Like everyone thinks that Doa VV is the same as Doa X3 on the psn store no one knows they are different. But then you have to tell them to get a gaming pc with a vpn to get the current ver of the game. Reason i think the game isn't advertise in NA/EU cause we know they are going to give it a A rating and Steam does allow A rated games.

Cadaveri

Been trying to figure out how region locking is a good thing for a games growth. Like everyone thinks that Doa VV is the same as Doa X3 on the psn store no one knows they are different. But then you have to tell them to get a gaming pc with a vpn to get the current ver of the game. Reason i think the game isn't advertise in NA/EU cause we know they are going to give it a A rating and Steam does allow A rated games.

Pretty sure this game doesn't qualify for A-rating on steam, I think It's listed as M-rating or whatever equivalent Asia rating system has.

Only thing shown on asia steam page is:
"WARNING: This game contains partial nudity."

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Also you can be sure that If DOA was a launch title with next gen graphics that properly showoff the capabilities of the PS5 etc, people will be very interested to get in to a new game that they have never touched before. So yes It would bring fresh people to the game/franchise = more chances of the game getting more popular.

To be fair, this is actually proven to go opposite as well actually. More times that any substantial increase to getting people interested in the game is minor or roughly the same amount (which has been an issue with DOA for many years to date). As well as most increases isn't permanent. One of the reasons why core fighter downloads do not exactly amount to anything is because it's never intact and never permanent. Moderate amount of people use this as an accolade or badge of honor which doesn't really warrant anything on an outcome. Besides the positive use that people can try the game out for free with a limited roster, but that's it really.

You can have a million downloads but roughly only less than 100 people are actually around to play the game (specifically DOA for the main platforms). In regards to launch titles, this could vary as it could depend on the budget for that launch title, marketing tactics, and the interests behind said company. Including competition between any other games that are generally more popular in demand vs DOA. (Especially other fighting games). At times, it just leads to simply day/week one hype and nothing else, or a moment of "well it's one of the few only games that are on PS5 currently". I think the only time it had a major spike in people interested was the timeline between DOA4-DOA5, but part of that effect was because of the huge gap of not seeing a new DOA game in years that people have grown tired of 4 since it stopped being supported, and even then that spike wasn't exactly a major one, but it certainly has been the biggest for DOA over the years, as well as what DOA5 provided.

Now with just an opinion of mine for this, I think they should really take their time with things on this one. I'd sacrifice launch title for a delayed game that solidifies itself to fix most of the detrimental problems (including poor balance on the latest game entry with a concept that doesn't actually work just for the sake of flair and cheesiness, because it gives people the false perception that it's good. A reminder that visual random flair does not always = good, and that's not an opinion). Especially if it's a DOA7. But if it ends up as a launch title then that's cool too. I mostly always expect that the increase for people interested is usually on the ends of barely which has happened before many times, even other games have that effect depending on the genre as well as how niche it is.

Last edited:

Kasumi-Phase-X

Well thats not entirely true, DOA VV is region locked on NA/EU which are two biggest markets. This also means there are no ads on steam for the game etc. The "normie" casual steam users have no idea about region lock in the first place or how to VPN it, so of course that will impact a games playerbase heavily. The number you see on steamchartz could be much much higher If the game was visible on NA/EU.

After the initial next gen console launch is over, It would just be a drop in an ocean like any other game, that was kinda my point :p

Still doesn't beat the fact that DOAXVV (region locked game) had thousands of players, than DOA6 (available worldwide) which has hundreds of players at least for Steam side (even if "normies" don't know what an internet is). DOAVV could've reached hundred thousands if it was on NA/EU, but KT NA/EU branches wanted nothing to do with Xtreme brand.

Would a PS5 DOA inspire fresh players to spend $92 Season Passes or if KT wants to include microtransactions?

Been trying to figure out how region locking is a good thing for a games growth.

It has something to with DOAs content something that makes Season Pass or Gacha game valuable. Region Locking is based on how TN/KT have been handling DOA franchise, its coming from one of the KT's CEO who believes Japanese Players prefer lottery or 'gacha' style systems and Western Players prefer enjoy playing games without paying much money.

Chaos

To be fair, this is actually proven to go opposite as well actually. More times that any substantial increase to getting people interested in the game is minor or roughly the same amount (which has been an issue with DOA for many years to date). As well as most increases isn't permanent. One of the reasons why core fighter downloads do not exactly amount to anything is because it's never intact and never permanent. Moderate amount of people use this as an accolade or badge of honor which doesn't really warrant anything on an outcome. Besides the positive use that people can try the game out for free with a limited roster, but that's it really.

You can have a million downloads but roughly only less than 100 people are actually around to play the game (specifically DOA for the main platforms). In regards to launch titles, this could vary as it could depend on the budget for that launch title, marketing tactics, and the interests behind said company. Including competition between any other games that are generally more popular in demand vs DOA. (Especially other fighting games). At times, it just leads to simply day/week one hype and nothing else, or a moment of "well it's one of the few only games that are on PS5 currently". I think the only time it had a major spike in people interested was the timeline between DOA4-DOA5, but part of that effect was because of the huge gap of not seeing a new DOA game in years that people have grown tired of 4 since it stopped being supported, and even then that spike wasn't exactly a major one, but it certainly has been the biggest for DOA over the years, as well as what DOA5 provided.

Now with just an opinion of mine for this, I think they should really take their time with things on this one. I'd sacrifice launch title for a delayed game that solidifies itself to fix most of the detrimental problems (including poor balance on the latest game entry with a concept that doesn't actually work just for the sake of flair and cheesiness, because it gives people the false perception that it's good. A reminder that visual random flair does not always = good, and that's not an opinion). Especially if it's a DOA7. But if it ends up as a launch title then that's cool too. I mostly always expect that the increase for people interested is usually on the ends of barely which has happened before many times, even other games have that effect depending on the genre as well as how niche it is.
I hate to say it but I think TN is better off not working on DOA 7.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

Understandable yeah, can't blame anyone to feel that way. Until they get their actual thinking hats together, as well as with KT if they actually care about the series, they should make it with a clear head in mind because whatever they got going on with DOA6 clearly didn't work.

There was room for improvement (least could of had), but that sealed the deal with the whole hair dye scandal, maybe/maybe not DOA6U will fix all that or be treated as a cash grab.

Last edited:

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
I think we should stop running away from our problems by asking for a new Doa game. The idea of you can sweep Doa 6 under the rug isn't going to work. cause if they can't fix doa6 what makes ppl think Doa7 will make a difference. In truth we just need a new director that we can communicate with like harada or ono sadly i think the team is only japanese spoken. New Director > Doa7 I think replacing the director is the root problem KT is a problem as well.

Last edited:
Do they make a lot of money from the Xtreme games?

I most-likely asked already, but I just don't see why they don't use some of the money from those games to fix DOA 6.

Yet, with all the complaining from people they probably thing 'why bother'

& yes, why would they make a new DOA (Ultimate, 7, etc.) when they know, to them, they don't have to.

Cadaveri

To be fair, this is actually proven to go opposite as well actually. More times that any substantial increase to getting people interested in the game is minor or roughly the same amount (which has been an issue with DOA for many years to date). As well as most increases isn't permanent.

Well I'd say getting new players to know the franchise Is never a bad thing, be it permanent or not.

Still doesn't beat the fact that DOAXVV (region locked game) had thousands of players, than DOA6 (available worldwide) which has hundreds of players at least for Steam side (even if "normies" don't know what an internet is). DOAVV could've reached hundred thousands if it was on NA/EU, but KT NA/EU branches wanted nothing to do with Xtreme brand.

Would a PS5 DOA inspire fresh players to spend $92 Season Passes or if KT wants to include microtransactions?

Yes I do think that doa7 on ps5 would bring new ppl in. They really need to rethink monetizing for the game though. DOA 6 was a disaster in so many ways and not just the monetizing part lol.

And yes at this point DOAX Is more popular from the franchise no denying that. Also It attracts different genre players entirely.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
But what makes people think a DOA7
Would fix the mess and distrust between the fans, TN and KT? I’m all for a DOA7, but honestly it would not fix or be a Game changer. Of course it would bring in new players, but if it’s a dumpster fire just like DOA6 how long will it last?

DOA6 is still a relatively new game and they could change this game for the better through a DOA6U release with a complete overhaul.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Well I'd say getting new players to know the franchise Is never a bad thing, be it permanent or not.

Merely the life span of things. Games can't sustain growth if you don't have many people to support it as well as being strongly active behind it. It's getting more expensive over time, but this is the risk fighting games take so it is normal (well...some of it is normal LEL). It's more or less that DOA has never outputted to big spikes except DOA5 and it's upgrades.

I do agree with you on that front because that's how games generally grow while keeping the current base, however DOA6 didn't exactly hit that nail in the head to offset that problem. It's more of a loss more than gain more if we had to actually scan through it. If DOA was the only 3D fighter on the market it'd be more safe spot for continued support, unfortunately way too many fighting games.

I think we should stop running away from our problems by asking for a new Doa game.

New mothership titles tend to take a new spin of things (generally) or re-innovate the wheel to not make it too similar to previous installments, if anything, it seems like -they- were the ones that ran from those problems to begin with though like Rikuto mentioned. If the main company and sub-divisions do not want to put the effort into it, then you might as well do sweep it under the rug. A sequel is not a bad idea since the current main mothership installment of the game left a giant scar based on publicity alone that can convince anyone to not try it. Course as they say, play what you like, but it doesn't amount to anything if it also affects the future of it's games (which it does), 4 didn't even have an upgrade since we jumped straight to 5 which is DOA's biggest hit title, also directed by Shimbori. It's just more or less if they actually learned from the mistakes they made to not bring it over to a sequel since at times can be considered starting fresh while keeping the core, but part of this mistake is KT. I definitely get what you're saying though and would of agreed since common scenarios to just toss it away tends to not always work, but trying to fix it now didn't work either, and it's impossible to fix it now since support for it is over unless an upgrade is on the way which is possible, and a new director wouldn't mean anything if the push for the game is low, so what else is there to do but sweep the current version under the rug. It is just the vanilla version of that game so there's that, there may be hope 6U or even a sequel.

In truth we just need a new director

Shimbori was also the director for DOA5 and then co-directed with Tom Lee for 5U/LR which those games came out exceptionally well, and the biggest spike DOA has ever achieved in it's lifetime of titles. People still blame Shimbori for things he has no control or authority over when the guy even has his own boss above him. Yamima is the current director of 6 and he's also spoken not very highly within the JPN DOA community either. He's an old school player still following the footstep shambles of Itagaki I hear, but never met the guy so who knows, replacing him could change things but highly doubt it since Shimbori stepped down to do his other roles while having Yamima didn't exactly change anything either.

It's more KT > director. Including it's marketing division.

director that we can communicate with like harada or ono sadly i think the team is only japanese spoken.

I agree with this yeah, TN is one of the few where none of their main developers are social media Twitter active that interacts with the community like Harada/Murray does, Guilty Gear CMs, DBFZ CM, KI, Ono and so on. The only people I know is Tom Lee as well as Manny whom I support both fully all the way to the ends of the earth, but they more or less take a more professional approach. Shimbori was social active back in the day but not sure what happened there.

What DOA should get is budget. But to get that budget, they have to actually care enough to do it, when I speak of care, I speak of the same exact effort they put into Nioh despite majority of the big teams were shifted to work with Nioh mostly because action game genre is popular for many reasons. What they tried to do was to put as little effort for it with scraps as possible with 6, and then try to make the most bank out it because they know that people will buy it since people automatically assume the next DOA is automatically better. Why? because despite it being a sham, it works. Considering that fighting games are highly niche so why put too much effort right lol. Overall, I feel for the DOA community as they deserve the best quality content game they'd like to get. Unfortunately their main company currently doesn't think so, but there may be hope.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD