Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Seigen

It seems Microsoft is on a studios buying spree, wanting to buy WB Games now. Considering DOA's exclusivity history on the XBOX, it would be so good if they'd lay their eye on Team Ninja Studio and the DOA IP to buy them from KT; TN needs to get away from KT's cancerous ownership. Imagine being owned by Microsoft, being given a real budget to do a proper DOA and being able to communicate with the Western player base.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I think we should stop running away from our problems by asking for a new Doa game.
As usual, I've gone back to playing 1,2,3 and (gasp) even 4 (still hate the stun system). If only these emulator devs could add GGPO like they did to Melee.

Shimbori was social active back in the day but not sure what happened there.
We exhausted him with our bullshit and he burned out if I had to guess and that's probably why they hired Manny to be the community manager. Poor guy.

P2p1mbs

It seems Microsoft is on a studios buying spree, wanting to buy WB Games now. Considering DOA's exclusivity history on the XBOX, it would be so good if they'd lay their eye on Team Ninja Studio and the DOA IP to buy them from KT; TN needs to get away from KT's cancerous ownership. Imagine being owned by Microsoft, being given a real budget to do a proper DOA and being able to communicate with the Western player base.

Micro$oft buying TN and DOA/NG would be an interesting buy since I don't think they have yet to assimilate acquire a Japanese developer in their recent buying spree to help with raising interest for the Asian market but if they do go ahead with acquiring the WB games studios, that would be VERY costly as the video says.

TN and the DOA IP would be a MUCH cheaper purchase but its unlikely to be as profitable as something like Harry Potter, DC Batman or the MK franchises. DOA and Ninja Gaiden are known gaming properties but they don't come anywhere close to competing with mainstream franchises like those; Micro$oft might not see such a purchase as worthwhile. Besides, TN has mostly been a Playstation focused developer recently so its more likely that they would stick with Sony instead.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Any chance for something new at TGS in September?
60EC31FD-5EEC-4D0C-B625-B35BC92A3F3A.jpeg

UpSideDownGRUNT

Definitely not Itagaki lmao dude hasn't even been anywhere near related to Team NINJA or DOA in over 10 years.

Also Xbox event wouldn't have DOA anyway, unless they announce DOAU, DOA3 and/or DOA4 for backwards compatibility.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Someone @ me when there's actually new DOA6 updates, all the notifications for this thread and nothing remotely pertaining to DOA6 updates is some bullshit xD

Well that's exactly it. There are no updates and may not be any in the foreseeable future.

State of the world isn't great right now.

Kasumi-Phase-X

Should we expect something from TN or Itagaki at upcoming Xbox event?

Itagaki should be an unlikely since the last game he ever did was Devils Third for Wii U and Windows (Online-only game), there hasn't been a new game directed by Itagaki since 2015.

Lisa's birthday was yesterday and I do not see it mentioned here at all. The disrespect. A hard working woman with many jobs.

People had other priorities that didn't involve celebrating a character's birthday, and the only birthdays I'm likely to mention are the ones who are part of DOAXVV due to the game having Birthday Festivals for the current cast of characters. Heres a comment to celebrate Lisa's late birthday:

"Lisa isn't just a hard working woman with many jobs, she was the character who first debuted in Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball (1/22/03 US/Canada) and was the first Xtreme girl to appear in the DOA fighter brand with DOA4 (12/29/05 JP/US/Canada). With her last appearance on DOAX brand which was Dead or Alive Paradise (3/30/10 US/Canada). Is one of the character who has a secret swimsuit by playing certain game modes on Master Difficulty (which was later patch to play Ranked Matches Online as additional method) with Lisa's Swimsuit achieve in Survival Mode in DOA5. She is the character who got 1.4% vote (behind Christie 1.5%) in DOAX3 Fortune & Venus Voting Poll."

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I’m taking this with a grain of salt. All these leaks usually are a load of shit. We honestly just have to wait and see whenever a NG title will be announced. If they’re ever interested in releasing one.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD